Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-08-2021, 09:59 PM   #99
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCamaro444 View Post
Perhaps it is regional. I’ve just been keeping an eye on the Vroom prices on these cars, daily, especially the Camaro I recently sold to them.

They first uploaded my car with no photo yet, with the 4646 miles it had when they picked it up. They listed it for $40,999.
About a week later the photos went up, and the car had 4675 miles! lol. Price also went up by $500. Last photo is from today, $500 higher. Just watching and laughing.

Could be due to being early summer. Flying Wheels channel on youtube talks about sports cars and how in the spring and early summer they go for a lot more at auction due to demand up there. In the fall they can be had for cheaper. I just looked on Autotrader locally and I just this 2019 2ss, A10 Auto recently listed for $39,700. Several thousand cheaper than vRoom 1ss and 2ss.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

2018 2SS ragtop reduced to $41,500

CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 11:39 PM   #100
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Could be due to being early summer. Flying Wheels channel on youtube talks about sports cars and how in the spring and early summer they go for a lot more at auction due to demand up there. In the fall they can be had for cheaper. I just looked on Autotrader locally and I just this 2019 2ss, A10 Auto recently listed for $39,700. Several thousand cheaper than vRoom 1ss and 2ss.

2018 2SS ragtop reduced to $41,500

Are you referring to his Camaro that he had sold to vroom? If so, they’re not even comparable. The vroom one has almost 7x the amount of mileage, no npp exhaust and is a retired rental. I wouldn’t buy that heap for $25k. Big deal if it is a 2SS, with more body oil in the leather than a playboy photo shoot. We’re comparing apples to oranges here.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 02:03 AM   #101
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Are you referring to his Camaro that he had sold to vroom? If so, they’re not even comparable. The vroom one has almost 7x the amount of mileage, no npp exhaust and is a retired rental. I wouldn’t buy that heap for $25k. Big deal if it is a 2SS, with more body oil in the leather than a playboy photo shoot. We’re comparing apples to oranges here.

The ragtop I posted a link to doesn't appear to be a rental in the car history. It was flagged as personal use, not fleet or rental and on autotrader the dealer lists it as trade in.

It was bought just outside of St. Louis, in Ofallon, IL.

Me thinks it was likely someone who brought this car down here to Florida and traded it in after they moved here.

My 2016 2ss was a trade in. An older guy owned it who was a snowbird and traded it in on a SUV because he was older and had troubles getting out of the Camaro. I looked at the Carfax and the story was legit because it was registered in PA and serviced both in PA and FL, PA in the summer, FL in the winter.

Here in FL you can find lots of corvettes, Camaros, Porsches, Mustangs in great condition, especially the Vettes. Old guys get them and they get older and find out it's not fun getting in and out.

My neighbor had a 6th Gen SS ragtop and has some kind of back problems and got rid of his for a truck.

In NORMAL times, non covid you can get save thousands buying a used vette or Camaro down here.
Old 06-09-2021, 04:16 PM   #102
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
For a couple months we were shutdown, but our governor finally saw the shutdown was BS and that it did nothing to stop the over hyped China flu and said hell with it. And our hospitals didn't have these stacks of bodies piled up and the fake news said Florida was dying from it.
Actually, the news never said Florida was dying. They simply reported positive cases. A positive case can mean a person simply tested positive and is asymptomatic or it can mean the person is on a vent dying. Same with any other virus and it has been the same for decades. A positive case of TB has the same meaning. Same with the flu. Stop being influenced by people who use general terms like "fake news" but who also are remarkably ignorant to what things actually mean. And for the record, viruses don't do well in warmer climates which is why places like Florida didn't have the extremes we had in the Northeast. The problem is that an infected person might be asymptomatic in Florida, but what happens when they travel north? Or what happens when someone up north travels to a warmer climate area, gets infected, and then returns home to cooler climates? Which is what happened in a lot of cases where people traveled south and then came back infected and sick. I suggest before thinking something is "false news", maybe go learn microbiology and infectious disease. You'd be surprised at how much "fake news" was actually real.

Quote:
My aunt passed away in the ICU last Nov up in the Tampa area. They had ONE covid patient in ICU when I was there. My cousin is a lab manager at a hospital in downtown Tampa and said it wasn't as bad as the media said it was and she works at the largest hospital in Tampa.
Again, the media reported positive cases. Just like they would do if it were cases of TB or mumps or any other virus. However, I wonder how much your cousin actually knows or if your cousin was being honest. Because I was getting crisis rates offers to come work in Florida hospitals because they were extremely short staffed and the virus was rampaging. I mean, I doubt hospitals would be paying $5K and more a week for something the media blew out of proportion. LOL!!

Quote:
I went out to eat regularly after lockdown when you could eat inside on a regular basis. My mom is 73 and we both work with the general public. We knowingly did not get sick, both still alive and kicking right now. Only two relatives got it. Both VERY minor symptoms. My cousin's bf who shares the same apartment got it for about 3 days and felt better after that.
American mentality...it wasn't bad here so it must have been a hoax. Right? I mean, Hurricane Katrina wasn't bad up here in NJ so the media must have blown it out of proportion.

[/QUOTE]I bought my Camaro last sept and I didn't think once of catching the China Flu when test driving or visiting the dealer. Finance manager even told me I could take my mask off in his office.[/QUOTE]
Again, study microbiology or disease processes and you'll be surprised at how much you learn. Other countries are still on complete lockdown. Last I checked a couple weeks ago, UK is still not allowing flights in or out. And there are several other countries doing the same thing. The lockdown was meant to stop the virus from spreading. The fact that it wasn't bad where you're from, or so you claim, is proof that all the measures put in place actually worked. But tell you what, if it rages out of control up here again, then tell your cousin to come up here and take an assignment for 13 weeks and help us out. I bet you he won't be thinking it was a hoax afterwards.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 04:29 PM   #103
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Actually, the news never said Florida was dying. They simply reported positive cases. A positive case can mean a person simply tested positive and is asymptomatic or it can mean the person is on a vent dying. Same with any other virus and it has been the same for decades. A positive case of TB has the same meaning. Same with the flu. Stop being influenced by people who use general terms like "fake news" but who also are remarkably ignorant to what things actually mean. And for the record, viruses don't do well in warmer climates which is why places like Florida didn't have the extremes we had in the Northeast. The problem is that an infected person might be asymptomatic in Florida, but what happens when they travel north? Or what happens when someone up north travels to a warmer climate area, gets infected, and then returns home to cooler climates? Which is what happened in a lot of cases where people traveled south and then came back infected and sick. I suggest before thinking something is "false news", maybe go learn microbiology and infectious disease. You'd be surprised at how much "fake news" was actually real.

Again, the media reported positive cases. Just like they would do if it were cases of TB or mumps or any other virus. However, I wonder how much your cousin actually knows or if your cousin was being honest. Because I was getting crisis rates offers to come work in Florida hospitals because they were extremely short staffed and the virus was rampaging. I mean, I doubt hospitals would be paying $5K and more a week for something the media blew out of proportion. LOL!!

American mentality...it wasn't bad here so it must have been a hoax. Right? I mean, Hurricane Katrina wasn't bad up here in NJ so the media must have blown it out of proportion.
I bought my Camaro last sept and I didn't think once of catching the China Flu when test driving or visiting the dealer. Finance manager even told me I could take my mask off in his office.[/QUOTE]
Again, study microbiology or disease processes and you'll be surprised at how much you learn. Other countries are still on complete lockdown. Last I checked a couple weeks ago, UK is still not allowing flights in or out. And there are several other countries doing the same thing. The lockdown was meant to stop the virus from spreading. The fact that it wasn't bad where you're from, or so you claim, is proof that all the measures put in place actually worked. But tell you what, if it rages out of control up here again, then tell your cousin to come up here and take an assignment for 13 weeks and help us out. I bet you he won't be thinking it was a hoax afterwards.[/QUOTE]

The likes of NBC news constantly bashed FL daily for how bad it was here and open too soon and hospitals piling up down here and that wasn't the case.
Old 06-09-2021, 04:38 PM   #104
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
Texas too
Old 06-10-2021, 02:26 AM   #105
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Yo if y’all wanna talk covid start a covid thread. Don’t infect another random thread with politics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:30 AM   #106
mcintyre1969

Infect
Old 06-11-2021, 04:35 AM   #107
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintyre1969 View Post
Infect

This guy get’s it......

Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 05:18 AM   #108
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Texas too
Actually, Texas was in crisis mode. Your hospitals were severely overwhelmed. Just like Florida was. In fact, they had to do a temporary emergency license so anyone with a license could work there immediately without having a Texas (or Florida) license. They had 3-6 month contracts for us. It's funny tho, that they claimed everything was fine all while the hospitals were all full.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
Yo if y’all wanna talk covid start a covid thread. Don’t infect another random thread with politics.

Nothing I said has anything to do with politics. Nor does politics have anything to do with what I said. I'm talking about a Pandemic. Apparently people didn't even realize how bad it was in their own state. But anyway.

As I said before there are many things that will attract a person to buy online even if it might seem that the prices are higher. As far as the market, I don't think it is gonna change back any time soon if at all. Right now dealerships are selling used Charger RTs at prices that Hellcats were at last year. And again, not only is it highly possible that manufacturers are gonna up the MSRP, there is also the possibility that some of the more desirable cars will come with markups. We'll see soon enough. But I'm expecting the next Gen GTs, SS, and Challys/Chargers to be in the $50K range for entry level V8s. Shelbys, Hellcats, Vettes, and ZL1s/Z28s will probably all be starting out in the high $70K to low $80K range. Z06s will be where the C7 ZR1 was...most likely. These are all just predictions. But I expect to see pricing go up a tier at least.
Old 06-11-2021, 10:40 AM   #109
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Actually, Texas was in crisis mode. Your hospitals were severely overwhelmed. Just like Florida was. In fact, they had to do a temporary emergency license so anyone with a license could work there immediately without having a Texas (or Florida) license. They had 3-6 month contracts for us. It's funny tho, that they claimed everything was fine all while the hospitals were all full.

Nothing I said has anything to do with politics. Nor does politics have anything to do with what I said. I'm talking about a Pandemic. Apparently people didn't even realize how bad it was in their own state. But anyway.

As I said before there are many things that will attract a person to buy online even if it might seem that the prices are higher. As far as the market, I don't think it is gonna change back any time soon if at all. Right now dealerships are selling used Charger RTs at prices that Hellcats were at last year. And again, not only is it highly possible that manufacturers are gonna up the MSRP, there is also the possibility that some of the more desirable cars will come with markups. We'll see soon enough. But I'm expecting the next Gen GTs, SS, and Challys/Chargers to be in the $50K range for entry level V8s. Shelbys, Hellcats, Vettes, and ZL1s/Z28s will probably all be starting out in the high $70K to low $80K range. Z06s will be where the C7 ZR1 was...most likely. These are all just predictions. But I expect to see pricing go up a tier at least.
How can chevy expect to sell new camaros at a higher price when camaro sales have been tanking the last 4 years? I guess it will give them an excuse to kill camaro then.
Old 06-11-2021, 11:31 AM   #110
mcintyre1969

I won't pay a premium for a new one. The prices are already ridiculous for Tahoe's and high end trucks. I will probably stick with what I have for at least a year, maybe longer if they try to run everything up.
Old 06-11-2021, 11:42 AM   #111
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
I won't pay a premium for a new one. The prices are already ridiculous for Tahoe's and high end trucks. I will probably stick with what I have for at least a year, maybe longer if they try to run everything up.
The last 10 years the prices on suvs and trucks especially Ford and chevy.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:55 PM   #112
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
How can chevy expect to sell new camaros at a higher price when camaro sales have been tanking the last 4 years? I guess it will give them an excuse to kill camaro then.
As been stated several times now, the entire market is going up. It isn't a Camaro thing. It is every car on the market. We're just talking about the Camaro itself. So regardless of previous sales, if the market goes up then the Camaro will go up along with it. Along with the fact that competitor pricing WILL affect Camaro pricing regardless of sales. Look around dude. Prices are already going up. On the used market the ZL1 is already selling for almost $10K more than what they were listed at a year ago.