Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 04-13-2021, 04:33 AM   #1
Wayne2016CamRS

Drives: 2016 Camaro Rs
Question Anybody know about a custom exhaust using borla Atak axle-back 11931 etc.?

I have a 2016 Camaro RS, I'm in a rebuilding stage currently with my vehicle and came here to seek help, answers, & tips & knowledge on how to make my V6 sound meaner & aggressive. For the exhaust i ordered a Borla Atak axle-back with NPP(11931). I also needed a new resonator so i ordered Borla resonator 60608 just to keep the noise down inside the car but noticed that it says its for the SS. I've already purchased it & was wondering would it fit on my vehicle with custom exhaust work? I also need new connecting pipes mines are rusty & wore out.So i was thinking borla 60610 connecting pipes but it also says for the SS. My thing is the RS & SS of that year has the same exhaust setup( SS just have bigger pipes but not by that much & of course more power) would it be bad just to go with the bigger pipes? Would it cause any problems? I also ordered the ARH downpipes to go along with that set up & Trifecta elite tuning as well. I plan on supercharging it when its all set & done but for now im focusing on the small things until im ready to supercharge. Any info would help. this is also my first post but ive been reading & studying up on intel from this site & enjoying the knowledge of so many Camaro enthusiasts its amazing! Any info would help so comment & welcome me to the fam.
Wayne2016CamRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:32 AM   #2
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Welcome! I'm in Michigan as well, and have a 2018 V6. I've done a couple small mods like a Flomaster axle back, ported throttle body (that makes a big difference btw) modified cold air, and some visual mods. You situation with the SS piping will require reducers to make it work, but probably can be done by good exhaust shop. How are your pipes rusted out already? That's crazy
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:49 PM   #3
Wayne2016CamRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Welcome! I'm in Michigan as well, and have a 2018 V6. I've done a couple small mods like a Flomaster axle back, ported throttle body (that makes a big difference btw) modified cold air, and some visual mods. You situation with the SS piping will require reducers to make it work, but probably can be done by good exhaust shop. How are your pipes rusted out already? That's crazy
- I plan on ordering the overkill 80mm throttle body and i also have the K&N cold air intake, changing as much as i can to get a better performance feel.
Old 04-14-2021, 07:15 AM   #4
silverscreamo

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro V6 with RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne2016CamRS View Post
- I plan on ordering the overkill 80mm throttle body and i also have the K&N cold air intake, changing as much as i can to get a better performance feel.
Planning on a tune as well then? Sounds like by that point you'll be ready for one.
silverscreamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:43 PM   #5
Wayne2016CamRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverscreamo View Post
Planning on a tune as well then? Sounds like by that point you'll be ready for one.
-Yeah definitely plan on tuning got a trifecta Elite tune ready