Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-29-2016, 08:12 AM   #1
Akura

Drives: ī18 ZL1 A10 Red Hot 😍
Wink Greetings (and questions) from Madrid, Spain!

Hello!

First sorry for my English, not so fluent as desired

I come from a BMW 2.0i E93 and a Z3 3.0i Coupe now, but I owned a 4th red Camaro V6 from 2000 to 2003, so I am not a "newbie" with the bowtie. Iīve just bought a new 2017 EU Camaro V8 (2SS F/E except sunroof, Garnet Red, Adrenaline red interior, black rally stripes and black spoke wheels) in Germany, who will be delivered end this year (in Spain Chevrolet stopped selling cars in Decemberī15), and supposed to be the first 6th Gen Camaro matriculated in Spain.

I have a few questions about our brand new car so I will appreciate your help

1) Iīm going to buy the GM front end splitter (RZ3) and the ACS side rockers in shopchevyparts.com or rpidesigns.com (it depends on who can send it to Spain). The delivery can be Primer finished, Gloss black (GBA) or Mosaic Black Metallic (GB8).

Knowing that the rear diffuser is not matte finished, which black option will be the most accurate to the factory black? The idea is to have all the parts with the same black color.

2) As most of you knows, the SS emblems are not included in EU cars. Iīve searched in eBay and found these items:

23379951 OEM 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Lower Steering Wheel SS Cover with SS Emblem

CAMARO RED "SS" GRILLE EMBLEM 2010-2016 NEW GM 92225495

1x OEM Grille SS Emblem Front Badge 3D For Camaro Chevrolet GM series Red YU

1x OEM SS Emblem Badge Sticker 3D For Camaro Chevrolet GM series Glossy Red YU

First is clear, but about the 2nd and 3rd, which oneīs the most accurate to our grill?

And the 4th, is for the seats? (is bigger than the others).

3) Front black bowtie:

2016 Chevrolet Camaro Genuine GM Front Black Bowtie Emblem 23269466

Smoothie Bowtie Front Emblem (Black) :: 2014-2017 Non-ZL1 Camaro

First has the chrome exterior and the second one is full black. The second is a replacement for the gold section of the original bowtie or itīs a complete replacement? My idea is to have the upper grill completely black with no chrome visible.

4) Rear axle fluid:

Reading the owners manuals, the US talk about a 75W-90 fluid (88900401) who needs an additive (889000330).

French and German o-m just talk about a Dexron fluid (88862624) without additive.

Do you recommend to use the US or the EU option?

5) Hydraulic brake/Clutch system:

The o-m recommends a DOT 3 fluid, but I always used in my cars Motul RBF 660 (DOT 4). What should I do? Will the car accept this DOT 4 for DD and occasional track days?

More questions will arrive with the car, sure, but for nowīs enough.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Antonio.
Akura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 05:12 AM   #2
Akura

176 views and 0 posts, I assumed wrongly that the American courtesy was greater...
Old 08-30-2016, 06:08 AM   #3
SS17

Drives: 2017 hyper blue ss
I'm sure someone will chime in...give them time
SS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 06:32 AM   #4
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 06:38 AM   #5
MikeR

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible European Vers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBlueCamaro View Post

Here you get your pic

Greetings to Madrid

Where in Germany did you order your Camaro ?
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:09 AM   #6
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
A picture is a picture not bad.
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 12:52 AM   #7
Oil Man

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2018 ZL1 A10 (RIPx2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura View Post
Hello!

First sorry for my English, not so fluent as desired

I come from a BMW 2.0i E93 and a Z3 3.0i Coupe now, but I owned a 4th red Camaro V6 from 2000 to 2003, so I am not a "newbie" with the bowtie. Iīve just bought a new 2017 EU Camaro V8 (2SS F/E except sunroof, Garnet Red, Adrenaline red interior, black rally stripes and black spoke wheels) in Germany, who will be delivered end this year (in Spain Chevrolet stopped selling cars in Decemberī15), and supposed to be the first 6th Gen Camaro matriculated in Spain.

I have a few questions about our brand new car so I will appreciate your help

1) Iīm going to buy the GM front end splitter (RZ3) and the ACS side rockers in shopchevyparts.com or rpidesigns.com (it depends on who can send it to Spain). The delivery can be Primer finished, Gloss black (GBA) or Mosaic Black Metallic (GB8).

Knowing that the rear diffuser is not matte finished, which black option will be the most accurate to the factory black? The idea is to have all the parts with the same black color.

2) As most of you knows, the SS emblems are not included in EU cars. Iīve searched in eBay and found these items:

23379951 OEM 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Lower Steering Wheel SS Cover with SS Emblem

CAMARO RED "SS" GRILLE EMBLEM 2010-2016 NEW GM 92225495

1x OEM Grille SS Emblem Front Badge 3D For Camaro Chevrolet GM series Red YU

1x OEM SS Emblem Badge Sticker 3D For Camaro Chevrolet GM series Glossy Red YU

First is clear, but about the 2nd and 3rd, which oneīs the most accurate to our grill?

And the 4th, is for the seats? (is bigger than the others).

3) Front black bowtie:

2016 Chevrolet Camaro Genuine GM Front Black Bowtie Emblem 23269466

Smoothie Bowtie Front Emblem (Black) :: 2014-2017 Non-ZL1 Camaro

First has the chrome exterior and the second one is full black. The second is a replacement for the gold section of the original bowtie or itīs a complete replacement? My idea is to have the upper grill completely black with no chrome visible.

4) Rear axle fluid:

Reading the owners manuals, the US talk about a 75W-90 fluid (88900401) who needs an additive (889000330).

French and German o-m just talk about a Dexron fluid (88862624) without additive.

Do you recommend to use the US or the EU option?

5) Hydraulic brake/Clutch system:

The o-m recommends a DOT 3 fluid, but I always used in my cars Motul RBF 660 (DOT 4). What should I do? Will the car accept this DOT 4 for DD and occasional track days?

More questions will arrive with the car, sure, but for nowīs enough.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Antonio.
Hello Antonio, and congratulations. I hope you end up loving your Camaro as much as I am loving mine. I find it interesting that GM has chosen not to actually market the SS as such in Europe, but I am fairly certain I understand why they made that decision.

I am not an expert on the badging for the cars, but I have a decent eye for detail, and it seems that you are on the right track with the badges you have listed.

Regarding the diffuser, I think that they are all gloss black on 2SS cars, with the exception of cars painted Mosaic Black (a color which features a metal flake in the paint) and Mosaic Black diffusers/splitters would likely be used only on cars of the same color. So in terms of "correctness", I would go with the gloss black on the splitter to match.

There is a metal "SS" logo in the center of the back of the leather seat covers of the car, and it is fairly large. I am not sure if it is larger or smaller than the grille emblem. I am at work, and I will take a closer look when I get a chance to walk over to my car, and follow up.

Regarding the grille bowties: The first you listed is more factory correct, and it is the item I have on my car. The second is a non-GM product, but seems well made and would satisfy your desire for no chrome.

Regarding the axle fluid: I am not qualified to speculate. I would try to confirm that the differential in your car is identical to the US-spec before buying anything.

Brake fluid: I believe DOT 4 is manufactured to a higher standard, and you can replace the fluid with DOT 4 or 5, but the reverse is not true. But again, don't quote me on that. On this, and the differential fluid, I would ask your GM contact in Europe about any potential warranty issues with using a non-spec product.

If anyone knows better, feel free to add. And enjoy your car when it arrives, Antonio!
Oil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:02 AM   #8
fighting irish
The Doctor is in

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Nightfall MRC NPP
Agree with much of the above. I can answer the following:
1) I would go with Gloss Black finish
4) There is a small debate about this. One forum member even got a hold of one of the GM engineers to ask them this past month. The engineer basically said that the fluid spec is tied to your VIN number and that it should be according to which manual you receive. I am going with GM Part#88862624 and will be changing it in the next month or so.
5) If you are tracking your vehicle at all, DOT 4 fluid (Motul RBF 660) is pretty much required. This is also mentioned in the manual. You should also install the track brake ducts beforehand.
fighting irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:48 PM   #9
Akura

Sorry, Iīve been some days on holidays, with no internet access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS17 View Post
I'm sure someone will chime in...give them time
Done, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBlueCamaro View Post

You SHOULD try this if you come to Spain one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_from_Germany View Post

Greetings to Madrid

Where in Germany did you order your Camaro ?
Thank you! In Horgau, near Munich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Man View Post
Hello Antonio, and congratulations. I hope you end up loving your Camaro as much as I am loving mine. I find it interesting that GM has chosen not to actually market the SS as such in Europe, but I am fairly certain I understand why they made that decision.

I am not an expert on the badging for the cars, but I have a decent eye for detail, and it seems that you are on the right track with the badges you have listed.

Regarding the diffuser, I think that they are all gloss black on 2SS cars, with the exception of cars painted Mosaic Black (a color which features a metal flake in the paint) and Mosaic Black diffusers/splitters would likely be used only on cars of the same color. So in terms of "correctness", I would go with the gloss black on the splitter to match.

There is a metal "SS" logo in the center of the back of the leather seat covers of the car, and it is fairly large. I am not sure if it is larger or smaller than the grille emblem. I am at work, and I will take a closer look when I get a chance to walk over to my car, and follow up.

Regarding the grille bowties: The first you listed is more factory correct, and it is the item I have on my car. The second is a non-GM product, but seems well made and would satisfy your desire for no chrome.

Regarding the axle fluid: I am not qualified to speculate. I would try to confirm that the differential in your car is identical to the US-spec before buying anything.

Brake fluid: I believe DOT 4 is manufactured to a higher standard, and you can replace the fluid with DOT 4 or 5, but the reverse is not true. But again, don't quote me on that. On this, and the differential fluid, I would ask your GM contact in Europe about any potential warranty issues with using a non-spec product.

If anyone knows better, feel free to add. And enjoy your car when it arrives, Antonio!
Thank you for your detailed answer! Iīve written to GM about the fluids, hope they answer soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighting irish View Post
Agree with much of the above. I can answer the following:
1) I would go with Gloss Black finish
4) There is a small debate about this. One forum member even got a hold of one of the GM engineers to ask them this past month. The engineer basically said that the fluid spec is tied to your VIN number and that it should be according to which manual you receive. I am going with GM Part#88862624 and will be changing it in the next month or so.
5) If you are tracking your vehicle at all, DOT 4 fluid (Motul RBF 660) is pretty much required. This is also mentioned in the manual. You should also install the track brake ducts beforehand.
Thank you too! About brake ducts, is possible to use the car daily with them installed?

Thank you again! Best regards
Old 09-04-2016, 02:14 PM   #10
16BlueSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Driving on the streets of Madrid with the Ducts in place would not be recommended. The ducts limit ground clearance a little.
We loved our time there a couple of years ago, and plan to go back too.

CD
16BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 02:49 PM   #11
Akura

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16BlueSS View Post
Driving on the streets of Madrid with the Ducts in place would not be recommended. The ducts limit ground clearance a little.
We loved our time there a couple of years ago, and plan to go back too.

CD
Thank you!

PM'me when you come, I'll be happy to show you lot of places here, for eyes and stomach
Old 09-07-2016, 09:41 AM   #12
Jimtasteek

Drives: S197 Mustang
Just chipping in on this thread - is the front grille SS badge an adhesive stick-on or is there some sort of bolt/clamp holding it in place?
Jimtasteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:52 AM   #13
MikeR

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible European Vers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura View Post

Thank you! In Horgau, near Munich.

What a coincidence I also get my car from Steppe in Horgau Itīs only 60 km from here.
Did you buy the black coupe with the red seats ? Itīs in the showroom with a big "sold"-sticker. Or is yourīs not yet delivered to Steppe ? If you want I can go there and send you some pictures ;-)
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:02 AM   #14
Akura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_from_Germany View Post
What a coincidence I also get my car from Steppe in Horgau Itīs only 60 km from here.
Did you buy the black coupe with the red seats ? Itīs in the showroom with a big "sold"-sticker. Or is yourīs not yet delivered to Steppe ? If you want I can go there and send you some pictures ;-)
Hi! Sorry I didnīt read you before! I will send you a PM

Tags
acs side rocker, badge, emblem, fluid, splitter