#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-02-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Rough day at work, and an awesome day at work. *sigh*

I teach for a living, and found out today that my students nominated me for an "Instructor Excellence Award". Very cool. And, very gratifying. It's nice to know your efforts are noticed.
Of course, this means that the other 55 instructors in the Electrical department made my life a living hell today. *sigh* I exaggerate, of course, but I heard a LOT of comments today.

The Good:

"Hey, congratulations!"
*laugh* "Hey, nice going!"*high five*
"I'm not surprised, you always help people" *hug* -> From our admin assistant who looks after the entire department. Pretty cool, considering she's amazing at her job and totally HOT. Nice combination there.
The Bad:
"Helloooo Mr. Popularity!"
"So, who'd you pay to get that?"
"Did you ask your students to do this?" (Yeah, this guy was serious)
"So, who'd you blow to get that?"
"Running for Mayor, are ya?" (Mayoral election year)
"I hear they're looking for a new Academic Chairperson. You submit your name, yet?"
"I guess when the next round of layoffs come, you're safe now"

The Ugly:

Me: Morning, Scott.
Scott: ...
Me: Yo, Scott! How's it going?
Scott: I heard you. (walks into office, slams door shut)

What the hell? I've been busting my @$$ pulling double-duty the last 2 months as double-lead instructor for two classes, not just one. We have 8 fourth-year classes, and normally the lead instructors only handle one class. Since we've been bursting at the seams with students, I volunteered to take two. I could pat myself on the back, but wow... it is a HELLUVA lot of work. More than I thought. All paperwork (good & bad) on all students goes through the lead instructor, this includes government paperwork. Yeah, joy. Ultimately, this means 60-80 hour weeks for 12 weeks. What the hell was I thinking? Honestly, I started teaching a class last week and a student interrupted me 5 minutes into the lecture with a "What the hell are you going on about?" comment. I thought it was Thursday, so started teaching the Thursday lecture... and it was Wednesday. Yep, I did that. Holy **** I can't believe I did that. Talk about looking stupid. Hard to teach them about synchronous impedance in AC alternators when I haven't even gone into the wye-configuration of alternators yet. Durrrrrrr...

Hence, I come here on an Internet forum to vent. Well, in particular, Camaro5. I just needed to vent, so thanks for reading. Feel free to rip into me if I'm missing something, I'm just very, very tired and need outside perspectives.

So, until you post, it's rum & cokes for me.

Thanks!
Old 03-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
22" RS SS

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
f em man.. the others are just jealous they didnt get the award and all your hard work payed off in the end.. this is the way it usually goes in life.. you make it somewhere and others get all pissed off because it wasnt them. just hope you dont drive your camaro to work cause it might get keyed.. naw jsut playin but watch out cause anything is possible with people like what you are dealing with

ARH 17/8" Magnaflow 3" exhaust ADM performance street CAI Delk Performance dyno tune 448 rwhp 458 rwtq PFADT lowering springs Savini SV29 22" wheels
22" RS SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #3
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Congratulations on your nomination, it sounds like you really deserve it! Forget about the naysayers--let those crybabies pout.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #4
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22" RS SS View Post
f em man.. the others are just jealous they didnt get the award and all your hard work payed off in the end.. this is the way it usually goes in life.. you make it somewhere and others get all pissed off because it wasnt them. just hope you dont drive your camaro to work cause it might get keyed.. naw jsut playin but watch out cause anything is possible with people like what you are dealing with
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
Congratulations on your nomination, it sounds like you really deserve it! Forget about the naysayers--let those crybabies pout.

Thanks, guys. Appreciated more than you know! Two double-rum & cokes in, and I`m not feeling so whiny. (iPhone posting)
Old 03-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #5
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravirn View Post
Thanks, guys. Appreciated more than you know! Two double-rum & cokes in, and I`m not feeling so whiny. (iPhone posting)
There ya go, do some celebrating!
Old 03-02-2010, 07:37 PM   #6
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
There has to be a Martyr.It Appears that you are chosen.I have a Daughter in-law who is in the Teaching profession.I tell her all the time that I do not understand how she does it.The amount of dedication,time, and effort that is required is not appreciated by most.I can tell you first hand that students know those that make an impact on their life's and those that do not and only go thru the motions.It's only too bad that most of us fail to realize and appreciate this while we are in school and only reflect on it later in life.But feel proud for you are apparently one of those whose dedication and zeal for your job will have an everlasting impact on many individuals life's for a long long time.Good job!Congratulations from one whom only realized this later in life and only wished that I had recognized someone such as you whom changed the direction of my life at a critical time in my youth.I say keep on keeping on!! You have my and many others I am sure.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:29 PM   #7
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Like dross from gold, sounds like the scumbags were just coming to the top.

Congrat's
Old 03-02-2010, 11:26 PM   #8
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7

Congrats to you, and don't let others who might be jealous 'rain on your parade' and ruin what is an AMAZING THING!!!....

'You Rock'...IMHO!!!...

Way 2 Go!!!....'Celebrate, don't ruminate'...lol...'I'm a poet, and didn't know it'...lol...

Now, to cheer you up as you have done for me a few times, I will do my 'world famous, only for special Camaro5 members, smiley dance'...

Old 03-02-2010, 11:36 PM   #9
Croatcamaro2010

Drives: '10 Camaro RS 1LT
i wouldnt worry about it, if they were real friends theyd say congrats on your hard work, you earned it, plus the best thing about coming in second is you get to work to improve yourself, to better yourself and to prove yourself

http://www.active.com/donate/napa12midastl/stlNBrekal
Croatcamaro2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:12 AM   #10
2000v6

Drives: 2003 m3, 2000 camaro v6, 2004 s4
What the hell is an electrical department? Do you teach college?
2000v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #11
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000v6 View Post
What the hell is an electrical department? Do you teach college?
I'm an instructor at SAIT, and teach the 4th-year electrical apprentices (they have to get through me before becoming Journeymen/women ). I teach some electronics, but mainly motor and generator theory... soooo... a lot of physics. Yay for physics! Needless to say this knowledge allows me to appreciate my new Camaro all the more.

We're currently adding a $300 million expansion to the Trades & Technology building on campus. Another 2-3 years and I'll have a brand new office in a freaking huge state-of-the-art building. Looking forward to it!

Old 03-03-2010, 08:42 PM   #12
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy56 View Post
I say keep on keeping on!! You have my and many others I am sure.
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Like dross from gold, sounds like the scumbags were just coming to the top.

Congrat's
That they were, big time. Thanks for the encouragement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post

Congrats to you, and don't let others who might be jealous 'rain on your parade' and ruin what is an AMAZING THING!!!....

'You Rock'...IMHO!!!...

Way 2 Go!!!....'Celebrate, don't ruminate'...lol...'I'm a poet, and didn't know it'...lol...

Now, to cheer you up as you have done for me a few times, I will do my 'world famous, only for special Camaro5 members, smiley dance'...

Ahhhh, Donna, you really do make my day. Thank you!
Old 03-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #13
Class1E

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
I'm an instructor at SAIT, and teach the 4th-year electrical apprentices (they have to get through me before becoming Journeymen/women ). I teach some electronics, but mainly motor and generator theory... soooo... a lot of physics. Yay for physics! Needless to say this knowledge allows me to appreciate my new Camaro all the more.

We're currently adding a $300 million expansion to the Trades & Technology building on campus. Another 2-3 years and I'll have a brand new office in a freaking huge state-of-the-art building. Looking forward to it!

I have an EE degree, and I LOVED my machines class. Most interesting class I had in the program. Congrats on the award! Sounds like you definitely earned it.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:07 PM   #14
2000v6

Drives: 2003 m3, 2000 camaro v6, 2004 s4
Quote:

I'm confused is it a trade school or is it an actual college/university
2000v6 is offline   Reply With Quote