#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 11-10-2017, 10:29 AM   #29
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmcss View Post
I bought a programmer for like $60 and it allows me to reprogram the TPMS sensors every time I change wheels. Works well on the multiple cars I have.
It also does many more functions like Clear CEL, and shows me the codes that are being thrown.
There are some even better looking ones that are cheaper from time to time, it kind of floats around with what they may be trying to sell and clear out. I got these ones.

I don't think with most 19s you will have to worry about clearance. Supposedly when you get to 18" there are some issues.

Care to share what TPMS programmer you bought?
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:56 PM   #30
Trentelshark

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmcss View Post
I love the price of those! I will have to get a set on the new 1LE for next winter.
In the winter time it is not about looks it about grip but those look nice and they are priced right!
I usually have a set of stock Base Camaro wheels that fit perfectly over the 4POS Brembos.
Since the 1LE's have the 6POS on the front I am worried about clearance.

Those look like they will fit perfectly. Thanks for sharing!
I went out and took the best pics I could with my phone (which keep getting mirrored for some reason) to show the clearance on the front. The first two are the front, final is the rear. These are the 18" 15mm offset Axis Sport XR with the exact finish I linked. I would say inside of wheel to Brembo it's maybe 1/8" so make sure the wheel weights are further outbound. As you can see outbound to Brembo is no issue . Also steering lock to lock there is no rubbing, everything clears fine.

One other thing when I called Tirerack to make sure everything was good since they were coming north of the border they mentioned they are discontinued which is why they are on clearance. Not sure how long they will be around for.

Woke up to ice and snow covered roads this morning so they're already filthy so excuse the mess!
Attached Images

Trentelshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:15 PM   #31
sdmcss

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE, 1985 MCSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
There are some even better looking ones that are cheaper from time to time, it kind of floats around with what they may be trying to sell and clear out. I got these ones.

I don't think with most 19s you will have to worry about clearance. Supposedly when you get to 18" there are some issues.

Care to share what TPMS programmer you bought?
They look to have come down in price over the years. This is the one I use.
There are equivalent ones that are way more expensive and there are ones that are cheaper.
Now I use it on my 2011 Camaro 2SS, 2017 Spark 2LT, 2012 Tahoe LT and my 2007 Monte Carlo SS.
Since it worked on my Spark I figure it should work on my future 2018 2SS 1LE (Not confirmed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentelshark View Post
I went out and took the best pics I could with my phone (which keep getting mirrored for some reason) to show the clearance on the front. The first two are the front, final is the rear. These are the 18" 15mm offset Axis Sport XR with the exact finish I linked. I would say inside of wheel to Brembo it's maybe 1/8" so make sure the wheel weights are further outbound. As you can see outbound to Brembo is no issue . Also steering lock to lock there is no rubbing, everything clears fine.

One other thing when I called Tirerack to make sure everything was good since they were coming north of the border they mentioned they are discontinued which is why they are on clearance. Not sure how long they will be around for.

Woke up to ice and snow covered roads this morning so they're already filthy so excuse the mess!
Thank you so much! They look great and the clearance looks fantastic!
I will probably install the Powerstop pads w/o brembo dampers for further clearance.
Thanks for the info on the wheels!

Past/Current:
2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible, M6, Silver Ice Metallic, Inferno Orange Interior and Stripes - SOLD
2007 Monte Carlo SS, LS4, Summit White, Silver Rally Stripes - SOLD
2006 Impala SS, LS4, Black on Black - SOLD
1985 Monte Carlo SS
sdmcss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:06 PM   #32
slythetove

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
Ditto what others have said. I don't dd but can't imagine doing it without the blind spot reminder that is part of the 2ss pkg.
Properly adjusted mirrors solve a lot of issues (even though blind spot monitoring is awesome).

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...id-blind-spots
Old 11-10-2017, 06:12 PM   #33
rootus

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by slythetove View Post
Properly adjusted mirrors solve a lot of issues (even though blind spot monitoring is awesome).

I wouldn't mind blind-spot monitoring, but it definitely isn't strictly necessary. As you mention, properly adjusted mirrors eliminate any blind spot.

Now, if I could rig up some kind of mirror so I could see traffic lights when I'm stopped at the front of the line, that would eliminate a real blind spot .
rootus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:56 PM   #34
JamesNoBrakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by slythetove View Post

They don’t “solve” the issue, the visibility still sucks and saying anything else is just denial. You can adapt and adjusting mirrors correctly helps, but it doesn’t make the problem go away or make it as safe as a car with better visibility (in this respect). It’s the price we pay for how the car looks and I’m ok with that, but adjusting the mirrors properly doesn’t make it go away either.

I’d be ok without blind spot monitoring, but since it’s an option, it’ll only make things safer.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:28 AM   #35
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
I've never owned a car with BSM, but I have to say, it's one of the features that has me leaning toward the 2SS. Every other car I've ever owned has so much better outward visibility than the Camaro does that it actually seems like a feature I'd prefer.

And the heated/ventilated seats without having to custom wire them up is nice. Still not 100% sure it's worth the $5k increase though.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:43 AM   #36
JamesNoBrakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post

And the heated/ventilated seats without having to custom wire them up is nice. Still not 100% sure it's worth the $5k increase though.
Well, also: rear cross-traffic alert, helpful with the limited rear visibility. Heated steering wheel (nice if you don't have the greatest circulation in your fingers). Universal home remote and auto-dimming mirrors (why don't all the cars come with auto-dimming mirrors? bizarre...). On the slightly less necessary list, the Bose system and aluminum trim doors/illuminated sills. Other deal-breaker for me is you can get a sunroof with a 2ss, I couldn't put that on a 1ss, and on this car, I feel that really makes it feel more open and reduces the "coffin" effect significantly, even though it slightly reduces headroom when closed.

All worth the price difference? Debatable for sure. That's why they price it like they do, so you have to make that hard decision. 1ss for sure if you are going to be tracking the car regularly. That's the whole point if that trim.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:51 AM   #37
MATTY-1LE

So that i dont have to start a new thread, i thought i would add to this one.

I am daily driving my car and it is the first time ive ever owned just one car to drive all the time. Im trying to my best to own one car to enjoy and appreciate everyday. How common is it to daily drive these things? So far its not so bad, but then again its summer time and the traffic due to schools had died down drastically.

Past:
2008 C6 - heads/cam/boltons
2005 GTO - cam/boltons
MATTY-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:12 AM   #38
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTY-1LE View Post

I am daily driving my car and it is the first time ive ever owned just one car to drive all the time. Im trying to my best to own one car to enjoy and appreciate everyday. How common is it to daily drive these things? So far its not so bad, but then again its summer time and the traffic due to schools had died down drastically.
Dude, it's awesome.
My road rage level is at zero now.
I haven't honked in two weeks and the cramps in my middle fingers have all but stopped. It takes less than half the time to get places and my fuel mileage is up a couple miles per.

Old 06-14-2018, 02:10 PM   #39
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTY-1LE View Post

I've owned mine since late April (28th or something like that?). I have 3,500+ miles on it now and have had it at 2 different tracks already.

Mine is a 2ss, but it's a great DD if you don't mind the tire cost long term and less than ideal fuel eco (depending on drive, I've seen as high as 32mpg on the highway (70-72mph with cruise) but around town and in bumper to bumper traffic I average 18 or so).
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:13 PM   #40
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
In Texas? Tires are going to be the only down side to daily driving a 1LE. The good thing is that if you're not tracking the car, you can replace the stock tires with something more suited to daily driving.
GearheadSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:08 PM   #41
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
I've owned mine since late April (28th or something like that?). I have 3,500+ miles on it now and have had it at 2 different tracks already.

Mine is a 2ss, but it's a great DD if you don't mind the tire cost long term and less than ideal fuel eco (depending on drive, I've seen as high as 32mpg on the highway (70-72mph with cruise) but around town and in bumper to bumper traffic I average 18 or so).
I have about 3800 miles and average about 23 mpg per tank calculated, the dash readout is about 0.5 to 1.0 mpg optimistic.
Highest reading on the 25 mile average screen is 29.9, highest on the 50 mile screen is 29.5.

Best calculated tank of fuel is 25.4 mpg.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:14 PM   #42
MATTY-1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
I have about 3800 miles and average about 23 mpg per tank calculated, the dash readout is about 0.5 to 1.0 mpg optimistic.
Highest reading on the 25 mile average screen is 29.9, highest on the 50 mile screen is 29.5.

Best calculated tank of fuel is 25.4 mpg.
that is phenomenal mpg. I am getting 17.x. What are your driving habits like. I am still breaking mine in and hoping i can get a little better mpg in the long run.

Past:
2008 C6 - heads/cam/boltons
2005 GTO - cam/boltons
MATTY-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote