Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-05-2022, 08:29 PM   #113
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I have a Costco 4 miles from me. Never a line before 8am on the weekends, drive right up. Also not crowded the last hour on Saturdays (7-8pm).

Definitely worth it, although today the price of premium went up 3 times ($3.99-4.09-4.15-4.25). Still much cheaper than any other Top Tier gas station around.
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 08:35 AM   #114
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
I suggest everyone that's concerned about gas prices, get a Costco card if you're even 20-30 miles away from one. Premium has gone up here, but it's still at about $3.49 a gallon. In California, I see that Costco is over $4.00 but not the $7.00 that someone else claimed. The beauty of the Costco card, is if you get the business card, you get 2% back on your gas purchases. And if anyone wonders about the quality, it's a TopTier approved gas. I have used them for several years. About the only compliant I have is that it seems everyone fuels up at Costco, and you are usually in a line of about 3-4 cars to get to a pump. And sadly, there are a lot of stupid people out there that can't even manage to efficiently pump gas. It makes me weep for humanity.

And if you haven't already downloaded https://www.gasbuddy.com/ I suggest doing so.
If ever a post needed an Amen. I gave my sons Costco Memberships for Christmas. They are both already saying this is one of their best Christmas gifts. The only difference is that for the Camaro, which has been in the garage all winter, I can still find E85 at $2.79. But my MR2 Turbo requires premium, so Costco it is. I should get commission for the number of people I’ve convinced to get a Costco membership.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 10:05 AM   #115
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
70 cents saving is a lot per gallon, only seeing an 11 cents when compared other local gas stations here. Sometimes time is money and its not worth waiting in their long lines to me.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 11:16 AM   #116
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
If ever a post needed an Amen. I gave my sons Costco Memberships for Christmas. They are both already saying this is one of their best Christmas gifts. The only difference is that for the Camaro, which has been in the garage all winter, I can still find E85 at $2.79. But my MR2 Turbo requires premium, so Costco it is. I should get commission for the number of people I’ve convinced to get a Costco membership.
I've bought Costco gas long enough to see why I wish everyone would get on board. With just about every other gas station, as soon as they have an excuse to raise gas prices, gas prices go up. With Costco, the price before the event is the same as it is after the event. The only exception is this current event and Covid where market prices really took a plunge. Which reminds me, when crude prices were tanking at close to zero, I don't remember if the government added to its reserves, which I hope it did given that barrels were at their lowest historical price.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 12:48 AM   #117
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
I hear Chevy has quite a few Chevy sonic or spark whatever one they are discontinuing.. they get near 40MPG.

Maybe they will bring them back.. with hot hatch option.
meh...rather borrow the wifes civic coupe.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 08:18 AM   #118
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
This. Missed a 3090 founders edition at BestBuy by one person BestBuy management let one of their employees cut in line to buy a card.

Sitting in one of the Discord channels watching for drop news, ended up grabbing the 6900XT from Roguecast at around $1500. Card was great and used it for a few months, but the allure of DLSS and blah blah blah bit me (along with buggy Radeon software/drivers) and I jumped on a 3080ti at about the same price. Might switch back. Little slower than the 6900. Also managed to score a 3060 in a NewEgg Shuffle bundle which is sitting under my desk at work in a lighter build that I used for a little bit.

Prices are coming down though.
They do that a lot, at Micro as well. That's why they never have any cards. Their employees have first dibs.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 09:35 AM   #119
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I should get commission for the number of people I’ve convinced to get a Costco membership.
Stop that - you are making the Costco lines longer for the rest of us.

I too use Costco for premium. Its not near me but once a week I am within 4 miles of one so I go there and save 50-70 cents a gallon. Their price difference is only about 25 cents more for 93 over 87.

Some people fuss about the cost of premium for the cars that need it. For me the math says it isn't that extra 25 cents a gallon that is painful - it's the first $3.50 that stings. It was no that long ago that I was buying premium for less that $2.00 per gallon.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 07:50 PM   #120
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
there’s so many different arguments going on it’s confusing. Some say if you can’t afford the gas you shouldn’t be driving a car like this. The next person says I’m gonna drive across town and wait in line to save $.50. another group says I’m gonna drive my car as much as I want no matter how much gas costs. Fascinating. I think it’s too early to tell it really hasn’t settled in and gas has not even peaked yet. It’s like saying you’re gonna go on a diet right after you just eat a big meal. Easy. after six months or a year It starts to change.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 08:07 PM   #121
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Everyone is different, some rack up miles, some are work from home, toy or daily driver. So it’s going to affect everyone differently. Some here are fine with $10 a gallon gas, I’m just not sure they understand the economic effects to this country and it’s people if that happens. When I had my ZL1, I averaged 17mpg over 12k miles because I drove a lot of highway. I averaged 11 in a Escalade Ext running E85. Averaging 9mpg now in the EXT because I’m not racking up the miles so it’s no big deal if gas goes up for me now. That said, I know expensive gas isn’t good for us, I say drill!!!!!
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 08:09 PM   #122
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Prices jumpend 40-50 cents a gallon overnite.

Oil hit 120 plus.....

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 08:15 PM   #123
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
there’s so many different arguments going on it’s confusing. Some say if you can’t afford the gas you shouldn’t be driving a car like this. The next person says I’m gonna drive across town and wait in line to save $.50. another group says I’m gonna drive my car as much as I want no matter how much gas costs. Fascinating. I think it’s too early to tell it really hasn’t settled in and gas has not even peaked yet. It’s like saying you’re gonna go on a diet right after you just eat a big meal. Easy. after six months or a year It starts to change.

Arguments or discussions? I don't see where driving a car you can't afford to drive and driving a few minutes to a cheaper gas station and driving something you enjoy driving even though it's going to cost you more are different points of an argument, especially as I find agreement with all the above.

Here's why, if you can't afford to drive a Camaro then the options are to find some work that pays better, find a way to augment your income, or downsize. Back in 2009 gas went up to nearly $5.00 a gallon for premium, and I was driving an LS2 powered GTO. I didn't want to downgrade, but I had to. Didn't help this was right after the 2008 crash, but I downsized as painful as it was, and man was it painful. Painful to the tune of going from a 6.0 liter GTO to a 2.0 liter Kia Forte.

As for driving a little bit to go to a cheaper gas station, I'm not just saving a few dollars (and adversely spending 3/4th a gallon 11 miles for me and my average 16 MPG, although I contend that if I'm already driving to Costco for groceries, am I really going out of my way for just gas?) but I'm also using my dollars to tell more expensive gas stations that I'm not going to spend my money on their higher prices.

As for driving it, I would love to drive it more but I don't mind sacrificing driving time if it means we cut off importing oil from aggressive anti-democratic state nations, which is the beauty of democracy. And full disclosure here, I also have an M3 clear bra install that is taking place soon. I don't want to drive around that much until the front end is protected
Old 03-08-2022, 03:38 PM   #124
jcharm

Drives: 2021 LT1 Camaro
I would blame Vlad's Ukraine excursion and a recovering economy first. The US is the number one country in oil production currently. We clearly know how to drill
jcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 08:25 PM   #125
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
11 USD a gallon here now. i'll check it soon on my way to work. seems it's rising daily by 10 cents a liter.
lucky i have a company van and my wife takes the bus to work. i would resign and stop work if i had to drive my own car to and from work.we're mortgage and loan free and the wife earns 80k USD a year. so can live on her salary easy if we had to.
Old 03-08-2022, 08:35 PM   #126
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcharm View Post
I would blame Vlad's Ukraine excursion and a recovering economy first. The US is the number one country in oil production currently. We clearly know how to drill

Sadly, people will bend their logic to fit their narrative, cognitive dissonance is the phrase I believe. We have a large group of people that are driving expensive vehicles to protest the "tyranny" of vaccine mandates that don't even exist (in the face of an actual "tyrannical assault that's taking place in real time no less). I heard everything from it being a Bill Gates ploy to control us to it being a tracking device. Having worked with Microsoft Windows since Windows 3.1, there's no way Gates could've pulled this off. Now please excuse me while I reboot myself, as I just got the Moderna 1.3 shot....