Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 07-02-2019, 09:18 AM   #281
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I just got the e-mail that it has shipped! Thanks Mike! I hope to have it for the holiday weekend so I can do the reset and log some miles!
*Log some smiles*

I am going to order one as soon as the car has been looked at by the dealer. Can't wait.
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 11:28 AM   #282
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
If I order one tonight, will I have it by Sat.? I'm on the east coast.
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 12:37 PM   #283
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouce View Post
If I order one tonight, will I have it by Sat.? I'm on the east coast.
For a new part, yes. Anywhere in the US, Saturday the latest.
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 02:18 PM   #284
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
For a new part, yes. Anywhere in the US, Saturday the latest.
You mean new only and not a newly ported core?
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 02:59 PM   #285
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
they have a shortage of cores right now due to guys like me taking a week to mail back. My apologies guys..
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 03:56 PM   #286
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Wait, so Mike, clarify for me (maybe us), if I order on of your TB's w/ core return. Am I getting a brand new TB or one that someone sent back as a core? I believe you may have answered this before and I want to say you said a new TB, but then what is the core I send back used for?

Sorry for my ignorance folks.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:04 PM   #287
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Wait, so Mike, clarify for me (maybe us), if I order on of your TB's w/ core return. Am I getting a brand new TB or one that someone sent back as a core? I believe you may have answered this before and I want to say you said a new TB, but then what is the core I send back used for?

Sorry for my ignorance folks.
No, when you order an exchange you'll get a used one (modified) that someone sent in as a core. Then the next exchange customer gets the one you returned and so on.

Thanks,
Old 07-02-2019, 07:56 PM   #288
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougCBJ View Post
everybody has hesitation. You may not notice it right now, but i bet you'll notice the difference when it isn't there.
This about sums up my experiences so far. You really don't realize how much you're fighting the hesitation with the throttle until it suddenly goes away and you can just drive smoothly. So noticeably easier to get going, and as another member said, easier to modulate the throttle in small increments at partial throttle cruising speed.

Yet another member said he didn't have to use the rev match feature as much with this PTB installed, I agree there too - I don't pretend to be the world's best heel-toe expert, but stock it seems like the TB plate loves to slam shut a nanosecond after the period an expert driver might havebe able to manually rev match in, making shifts rougher. This PTB relieves a lot of that for smoother shifting as well..

One minor negative is that even in Track mode with NPP, some of that mildly obnoxious (hey, I like it too) deceleration crackle & pop seems to have gone away, but the driveability enhancement is worth it.

If you haven't yet, buy one. Buy one now.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 10:33 PM   #289
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Mike - If I can ask a question. My car is 2018 LT1 M6 ( with a Paxton Novi1500) and after replacing the TB with yours, the car performs significantly better when not using Rev Match, much better throttle response and more linear throttle feel. However with Rev Match on - it is as if the car is very hesitant for the first 20-30% throttle. I have done a couple of hundred miles with it, so it has learned everything without rev-match, but it is as if it has learned nothing with rev match on.

Any insight?
Old 07-02-2019, 11:46 PM   #290
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
Mike - If I can ask a question. My car is 2018 LT1 M6 ( with a Paxton Novi1500) and after replacing the TB with yours, the car performs significantly better when not using Rev Match, much better throttle response and more linear throttle feel. However with Rev Match on - it is as if the car is very hesitant for the first 20-30% throttle. I have done a couple of hundred miles with it, so it has learned everything without rev-match, but it is as if it has learned nothing with rev match on.

Any insight?
I don’t have an answer for you on this, sorry but, I did want to say that you’re not alone in experiencing that. Even when I emailed them I explained that I have this same issue. In fact, I’ve noticed a trend that only folks with 1LE’s seem to be really experiencing this.

I’m N/A and I worked with one of the more popular tuners here on the forums on over 17 different revisions of the tune. We were never able to solve this issue and honestly, it drives me nuts. Only with active rev-match on, during part throttle at lower rpms, up until about 3200rpm, my car felt sluggish, then would suddenly surge in power without me changing the amount of throttle given.

My tuner was able to verify that I was indeed giving it the same amount of throttle but for some reason, the camshaft was retarding under those conditions. Mike from Soler explained to me that a possible issue that could cause this is the ECU reading too much air flow at low rpms and under partial throttle. With our cars using active rev-match, it will need to determine how much throttle is necessary for a proper and smooth downshift. Problem is, at least as far as I can see, I am not aware of any parameters within HP Tuners to change those characteristics to account for that air flow difference.

This was his exact response to my inquiry;

The problem you describe sounds like torque management reducing torque by "retarding" timing advance b/c you have too much air at some point (I'd bet it is around 33% throttle), once the TB blade reaches a position for which the airflow (torque) is within limits, normal spark timing advance is restored and you get a surge in power/rpm's. We have gone through this on heavily modified cars, this is the reason why we do not offer a one-size-fits-all solution.

I hope that helps.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:47 AM   #291
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
To avoid the core log jam I sent in my OEM TB in for modification, it was signed for Monday the 1st and was on it's way back the next day and scheduled for Friday. To anyone doing this use the USPS two day and not UPS Ground unless you live in the same/adjacent state. I have a Tony Mamo now that I'm happy with but I'm on the bandwagon for the sport of it.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 05:27 AM   #292
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro LT2/RS
just waiting for the v6 model
Old 07-03-2019, 07:23 AM   #293
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
I don’t have an answer for you on this, sorry but, I did want to say that you’re not alone in experiencing that. Even when I emailed them I explained that I have this same issue. In fact, I’ve noticed a trend that only folks with 1LE’s seem to be really experiencing this.

I hope that helps.
It helps - I am curious if there is a way around it? To me it kind of flip-flopped the issue. I used to not be able to stand to drive it with RM off with the throttle response being so sluggish for gear changes, but now it works very well with RM off, but I do like to use the RM for casual / city driving. Its just a little bi-polar on the bottom end with the RM on until you get to 2500rpm or so LOL
Old 07-03-2019, 10:46 AM   #294
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post

Any insight?
Okay, there are 100's of those TB's out there now for LT1 M7's/M6's and Rev Match has never been an issue. There are things we have learned when problems arise, specially hesitation followed by a surge, whether rev-matching or not. That is; fuel is always correct, spark timing is usually the problem.

Can other members here with manual cars and our TB's pitch in regarding performance w/ rev-match on?

My first thought is sending you another TB flowing a bit less and see what happens. I'd hate to downgrade performance before knowing if this is particular to your setup.

The issue USAFS197 is talking about is for another PTB brand not ours, so can't really count it as two. This is why I'd like to see if other members here with our TB's have experienced the same as you did.

We'll make it up to you regardless of answers, just want to know if this is a problem in general that hasn't been reported/addressed.

Thanks,

Last edited by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC; 07-03-2019 at 10:58 AM.