Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 09-30-2018, 11:46 AM   #575
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Stiff sidewall be fine with the auto. About time all I have to say!

U going to fall brawl? I’m trying to make it happen with logistics but I’m in a wedding the day before so it’s complicating things
Old 09-30-2018, 12:09 PM   #576
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
The DA was +500-700. Finally a nice day!

But it was a joke. I spun like crazy and lost the perfect opportunity to beat a stock Hellcat with DRs even up. He fell asleep at the light but I had to let off at the launch from spinning. So I ended up with a 2.1 60' and a 12.1 ET. But it was a good race. And so even though the A10 ZL1 has a better theoretical power to weight ratio than the bad kitty, he ran me down on the big end. So much for math and Dodge HP theories.

The next run was the same and I got beat by smaller Hemi with a supercharger. Another 12.1. Sheesh. So I pedaled the next run and ran an 11.7 with a high 1.9 60'. Sad this.

I give up! Dragstar 17x10.5s with MT ET Street 305/45-17 SSes on order. And I do know these are not the best but I sometimes have to drive in the rain on them, so safety first. Nittos do not match up well with the 27.5 inch high fronts. Sad that.
If you can swing it you should get some front skinny’s too. They are good for a tenth
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 02:55 PM   #577
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
Stiff sidewall be fine with the auto. About time all I have to say!

U going to fall brawl? I’m trying to make it happen with logistics but I’m in a wedding the day before so it’s complicating things
Yes! another reason for giving in.
Old 09-30-2018, 02:57 PM   #578
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
If you can swing it you should get some front skinny’s too. They are good for a tenth
Yes, I agree. But I struggle changing wheels so this is it for now. I don't think DRs will get me 10s, but I should be more consistent with the 1.7s.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:27 PM   #579
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Yes, I agree. But I struggle changing wheels so this is it for now. I don't think DRs will get me 10s, but I should be more consistent with the 1.7s.
Too bad because if you got both you could run 26 tall tires up front to match a 26 tall 315/35/17 Hoosier in the rear.

You will also incur a gearing increase with that setup. I gained 1-2 tenths and mph over a 28 (same tire you bought) with it
Old 09-30-2018, 03:46 PM   #580
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Zl1 can run a 26” tire In The back.

I put the shorter zl1 height front on my SS and run a 26” DR just fien

He has a a10 tho so not sure if the gains have been proven for them
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2018, 03:55 PM   #581
ULTRAZLS1

That’s good. They must not be far enough apart to have problems. Some people have reported stabilitrak issues when running different height tires front and rear
Old 09-30-2018, 05:07 PM   #582
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
The DA was +500-700. Finally a nice day!

But it was a joke. I spun like crazy and lost the perfect opportunity to beat a stock Hellcat with DRs even up. He fell asleep at the light but I had to let off at the launch from spinning. So I ended up with a 2.1 60' and a 12.1 ET. But it was a good race. And so even though the A10 ZL1 has a better theoretical power to weight ratio than the bad kitty, he ran me down on the big end. So much for math and Dodge HP theories.

The next run was the same and I got beat by smaller Hemi with a supercharger. Another 12.1. Sheesh. So I pedaled the next run and ran an 11.7 with a high 1.9 60'. Sad this.

I give up! Dragstar 17x10.5s with MT ET Street 305/45-17 SSes on order. And I do know these are not the best but I sometimes have to drive in the rain on them, so safety first. Nittos do not match up well with the 27.5 inch high fronts. Sad that.
The prep has been real bad this year. They are cutting corners with the new crew it seams. Speaking on not changing wheels. I’m with you there. I just hit a pot hole and broke one of the 20 inch homie chromies. mommy likes so much. I talked her into a set of forgestars. 18s out back and 17s up front. No more wheel changes for me. The drag radials are never coming off again. And I’m probably saving 40 or 50 pounds over the giant 20 inchers.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 05:57 PM   #583
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
That’s good. They must not be far enough apart to have problems. Some people have reported stabilitrak issues when running different height tires front and rear
Yep I am one of them. Over 1 " difference is the key in my experience. I need a shorter skinny to run 26". I may try that some day I can just get some shorter DRs to match. For now I am making a step up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
Zl1 can run a 26” tire In The back.
I put the shorter zl1 height front on my SS and run a 26” DR just fien
He has a a10 tho so not sure if the gains have been proven for them
I think it would help a little and little things add up. I feel stupid but I have no idea what gear I am in through the traps. I may just do it with a little more power. Rotofab on its way. Later maybe a ported 95 mm TB, ported SC, and maybe E85 if I decide to tune. Who am I kidding?

Pat is still a long way off waiting for me @ a 10.302......
Old 10-01-2018, 06:46 AM   #584
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
The prep has been real bad this year. They are cutting corners with the new crew it seams. Speaking on not changing wheels. I’m with you there. I just hit a pot hole and broke one of the 20 inch homie chromies. mommy likes so much. I talked her into a set of forgestars. 18s out back and 17s up front. No more wheel changes for me. The drag radials are never coming off again. And I’m probably saving 40 or 50 pounds over the giant 20 inchers.
Good Plan. The Rustang needs full time DRs. Will she be duking it out with Pat this fall?

And also 9.34@145? You got your Fox Body sorted?

And Mommy also admitted on Friday she misses her Camaro. Smart girl! Is there an A10 SS in her future?
Old 10-01-2018, 07:12 AM   #585
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Good Plan. The Rustang needs full time DRs. Will she be duking it out with Pat this fall?

And also 9.34@145? You got your Fox Body sorted?

And Mommy also admitted on Friday she misses her Camaro. Smart girl! Is there an A10 SS in her future?
I hope to be a little faster than pat. With the stall, I should be able to out sixty him by about 2/10s. I'm also adding the 18 intake. We talked about last week. That should put me around 700whp. I figure Pats probably sitting on 650ish.

I got the 95 race car sorted out. Then preceed to hurt the motor. The 300 shot of nitrous was hard on the rings. Plus that car was a ton of work. I'm getting old and just want to drive to the track and race. Run decent times. And drive home. No more trailers. So I sold the Race car and trailer. I don't really miss it that much. If you ever want to buy a race car. DONT! Fast street cars are a lot more fun and practical.

I doubt we'll consider another Camaro til the 7th Gen. I was going to get a GT500 or the new Hellcat. But mommie wanted to keep her 15 Mustang. I wanted something a little more exclusive. Like that pretty red car you drive.

I'm bring a few friends from work with me next time I come. They should be good races for you. A stock Auto hellcat. And a big Turbos swapped 2016 M3. The Hell cat has ran a best of 11.4@126. And the M3 a best of 11.0@128. You should give these guys a hell of a run. Neither one of them get to the strip much.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:47 AM   #586
Fraxum

I went to Atco last night.....

The DA was around +350. Sigh.

The street lanes were super crowded even though rain looked eminent.

Both Gossip Squirrel and my new Demon buddy were there. BTW, this Demon runs low 10s with the seats in.

But the prep was really crappy and I spun on my first run. But on the second run I hooked. I left after the third run as all the street cars ruined the prep which almost caused an accident. 10 second and faster street cars should all have to run with the slick test and tune cars. Go around the water, please!!

Anyway here is that one good run. I just don't get it. Where did my MPH go? And this should have been a 11.3-4 run. What is happening with my 100% stock Big Red? I do know if the ZL1 sits too long you have to warm up the car before you run. So I did that here. I will have to start logging to figure it out I guess. Last night's run on the left and one of my first runs on the right. Now the old run was at least -1000 better DA. But I have run 122-124 in +1500-2000 air.

Has some Mustang driver put a hex on me?

Old 10-06-2018, 10:12 AM   #587
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
It appears you have nannies kicking in. You are down 4 mph at the 1/8, I would think that even if you spun say the 2/3 and short shifted that it wouldn't effect speed that much.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:06 AM   #588
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
It appears you have nannies kicking in. You are down 4 mph at the 1/8, I would think that even if you spun say the 2/3 and short shifted that it wouldn't effect speed that much.
This was track mode with all nannies off as always. I always look for the double dash lights. Would I have gotten an okay 60' if they were on? I dunno.

I will be double checking the settings from now on. Also I have locked on the suspension in touring mode. But it was that way all night. The other two runs were 121, which still seems low. This spring and summer I was running 123-125 more in line with other ZL1s. Anyway I will start logging once I put on the Rotofab. Time will tell I hope. I think PDR will do this. But I want something better. I will probably just buy another HPTuners since they are so cheap. I wonder if I can log without a license.