Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Anderson Composites

Old 01-05-2018, 09:05 AM   #225
Gutling

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2.0 LT
Well I do not know if this thread or my posting had anything to do with it, but suddenly this morning I have received shipment invoice and a tracking number. Once it comes in I will post and have pictures/review in my thread. Hope its worth it lol. I just wanted a good intake, I had the injen knockoff one from ebay right now and this one was cheaper than some of the others after my discounts/points I had saved.
Gutling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 01:03 PM   #226
SoCalThug

Drives: 2012 Summit White 1Ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutling View Post
Well I do not know if this thread or my posting had anything to do with it, but suddenly this morning I have received shipment invoice and a tracking number. Once it comes in I will post and have pictures/review in my thread. Hope its worth it lol. I just wanted a good intake, I had the injen knockoff one from ebay right now and this one was cheaper than some of the others after my discounts/points I had saved.
Vid of how it sounds too
SoCalThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:01 PM   #227
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalThug View Post
Vid of how it sounds too
Dude, why?!?! Who cares what it sounds like? Why would you even contemplate doing business with them at this point? Have you missed the pages upon pages and threads upon threads of irritated customers that have been yanked around over the past year? Why would you knowingly want to deal with them? At this point, I wouldn't care even if it made 20rwhp more than any other intake on the market, I couldn't handle being yanked around like everyone else has been.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:36 AM   #228
Mishimoto

Drives: Mostly Stock
Hello Everyone

My apologies for the automated emails stating these products would not be shipping until April of this year. This is not true and we are currently shipping these intakes out. If you have yet to receive confirmation of your order, please contact us directly by phone or email. 302.762.4501. or support@mishimoto.com

Thanks
-Jake
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:21 AM   #229
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0 RS
Just installed the CAI and I am really pleased with it. You obviously get the very noticeable turbo noises that weren't there before with the stock airbox. This might bother some people. It doesn't bother me though. I like the sound. The performance gains are subtle but noticeable. Its definitely better in the upper RPM range. I have a very pessimistic "butt dyno". I do not believe the claimed HP and TQ gains from the manufacturer. There is no way in hell there is additional 18HP and 22TQ. With that said, it's still a very nice product and would absolutely buy it if you are still on the fence. You can really tell how much this car desperately needs some sort of tune to go with any CAI you install on it. The engine is begging to unleash more power from it. Not to get to off topic and play captain obvious here, but a bigger turbo would be a miracle fix for this platform. Overall, I'm very pleased and glad I got it. Looking to get a tune next to take full advantage of the bolt-on's I have now and possibly a bigger turbo in the future.
2016 M6 2.0, RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Mishimoto CAI, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:13 AM   #230
Mishimoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
Just installed the CAI and I am really pleased with it. You obviously get the very noticeable turbo noises that weren't there before with the stock airbox. This might bother some people. It doesn't bother me though. I like the sound. The performance gains are subtle but noticeable. Its definitely better in the upper RPM range. I have a very pessimistic "butt dyno". I do not believe the claimed HP and TQ gains from the manufacturer. There is no way in hell there is additional 18HP and 22TQ. With that said, it's still a very nice product and would absolutely buy it if you are still on the fence. You can really tell how much this car desperately needs some sort of tune to go with any CAI you install on it. The engine is begging to unleash more power from it. Not to get to off topic and play captain obvious here, but a bigger turbo would be a miracle fix for this platform. Overall, I'm very pleased and glad I got it. Looking to get a tune next to take full advantage of the bolt-on's I have now and possibly a bigger turbo in the future.

We appreciate the honest review!

-Nick
Old 01-29-2018, 09:51 PM   #231
Start The Machine

I got a CEL from this CAI. Will know more about it tomorrow.
2016 M6 2.0, RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Mishimoto CAI, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust
Old 01-29-2018, 11:23 PM   #232
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
I got a CEL from this CAI. Will know more about it tomorrow.
Uh oh.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
Old 01-30-2018, 07:49 AM   #233
Gutling

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2.0 LT
I would double chek all the fittings and tighten them, I see a few people get cels from intakes and that helps fix them.
Gutling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:35 AM   #234
Start The Machine

Everything was tight. I reinstalled the stock air box and now on my way to the dealership. I got an email from onstar right away stating it was an emission problem. Im wondering if I blew up an o2 sensor. The CEL came on after I floored it up through the gears from a stoplight.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:07 PM   #235
Mishimoto

Hello Start The Machine

Very sorry to hear you're having a CEL pop on. Would you be able to provide us with the code so we could look into this further?

Thanks
-Jake
Old 01-30-2018, 01:24 PM   #236
Start The Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
Hello Start The Machine

Very sorry to hear you're having a CEL pop on. Would you be able to provide us with the code so we could look into this further?

Thanks
-Jake
No worries. These thing can happen with new cars. They are so sensitive to the slightest thing. They said it was code P015B H2o slow response. Not even sure if the CAI caused it?
Old 01-30-2018, 09:35 PM   #237
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Everything was tight. I reinstalled the stock air box and now on my way to the dealership. I got an email from onstar right away stating it was an emission problem. Im wondering if I blew up an o2 sensor. The CEL came on after I floored it up through the gears from a stoplight.
That's not how it works... If you physically blew up an oxygen sensor, you'd probably also blow your exhaust apart.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:57 PM   #238
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Always with the doom and gloom.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 307RWHP - 329 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote