Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Phastek Performance

Old 09-11-2018, 11:37 AM   #1
BrianF

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Any experience at Jeff Barnes Chevy in MD

I just picked up a Red Hot SS 1LE a couple weeks ago from Heritage Chevy in Owins Mills, MD. I liked dealing with them, and had no issues.

I am looking at dealerships to service my car. I live about 5 minutes away from Jeff Barnes in Eldersburg, after that it is Len Stoler in Westminster and Heritage. I was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with Jeff Barnes. They are a smaller dealership, but very convenient for me.

I have to make a decision soon, since y 500 mile care already has an air bag service light kicking off.
BrianF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:07 PM   #2
gallantusmc

My wife had some significant repairs done to her Suburban at Jeff Barnes and they were very honest and fair to deal with.

I live in Sykesville but bought my Red Hot SS 1LE from Len Stoler. Great deal and good service experience there (although I only did the first oil change and diff fluid change so far). I have my second oil change scheduled at Len Stoler on Saturday.
gallantusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:44 AM   #3
BrianF

Glad to hear, they are just way to close to no try them out for a service. I have $100 in GM accessory money to spend, I will drop in and order some black emblems.

I went to Len Stoller to try and pickup a Blue SS 1LE, but I couldn't get any salesmen attention. They were doing some car show event and looked like everyone was kinda pissed to be there. I had previously emailed the girl handling their Internet sales and could not get an actual answer on the MSRP/Incentives on their cars. They had a hot red (maybe the one you bought) listed for $8k off, and I wanted to know what the incentives where. Oh well I actually did not like the blue in person as much as I thought I would.

I live off Ridge Rd east of Eldersburg, so if you see a twin around, it is probably me.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:16 AM   #4
Want1

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Congrats on the new Red Hot!!
I have a 2017...
Want1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:47 AM   #5
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I had a recall done at Heritage (transmission cooler line). Experience was so-so. Lot of grease marks on the car afterwards, and my dash cam showed that during the test drive afterwards the mechanic decided to squeeze between 2 cars in the parking lot at Royal Farms to grab something (guess he didn't notice the dash cam?).
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:03 AM   #6
BrianF

I have been eyeing a dashcam for a bit. I want a BlackVue, but I'm a bit cheap.

I still have not called them up to schedule a service on the airbag, I haven't had it long enough to let it overnight someplace else
Old 09-13-2018, 10:54 AM   #7
BrianF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want1 View Post
Congrats on the new Red Hot!!
I have a 2017...
Cool, I pulled the trigger on the 2018 because I just am not filling the 2019 grill on the SS
Old 09-14-2018, 02:24 PM   #8
HoCoCamaro

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
I would suggest looking into Win Kelly Chevy in Clarksville if you haven't already scheduled. It's a bit further, but you can take 32 straight down so it's not too bad from where you are. They sponsor the md camaro club and have a great reputation.
Old 09-15-2018, 02:49 PM   #9
gallantusmc

We had significant issues at Win Kelly. Will not go there again personally.

FYI when i went to Len Stoler today for service they had not one, but TWO, ZL1 1LEs on their lot!
Old 09-17-2018, 09:52 AM   #10
BrianF

Dropped the car off this morning, we will see how it goes. It is just so convenient, and my wife does not have to go very far out of way to pick me to get to work.

Len Stoller has had those two ZL1's for at least a month. I can't remember if they had three when I stopped in to try and test drive a blue SS 1LE the had or not. They lady they have doing their internet sales is horrible, can get anything out of her. My friend had the same experience when he was shopping for his Colorado.

My Red SS 1LE had apparently been at Heritage for only 5 days. He was saying that all the manual camaros move fast and the autos sit.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:55 PM   #11
gallantusmc

Did you go to Jeff Barnes?

When I bought my car at Len Stoler I worked directly with the sales manager. No nonsense and was willing to deal. I didn’t mess with any of the regular sales folks.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:08 AM   #12
BrianF

I dropped the car off yesterday at Jeff Barnes. Apparently the issue is a mangled plug on the drivers side seat. Have to wait for the part to ship from the manufacturer (I assume Recaro). Got the car back and have to wait. At least it was not a short or replacing a wiring loom.

When I stopped in at Len Stoler only person that said anything to us was a sales manager, and said someone would get with us in a minute. I let my kids climb in and out of the SS vert they had in the show room and the colorado and no one bothered, they were having some kinda of car show thing going on, I think all the sales people were pissed to be there. At that point I had not even sat in a Camaro, and I wanted to know how bad the limited view was

I knew there where a cople 1LE at Heritage (the next closest) so we ran over there. I kinda liked the feel of their dealership more, not so cramped.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:22 AM   #13
2018ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10 NFG
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianF View Post
I just picked up a Red Hot SS 1LE a couple weeks ago from Heritage Chevy in Owins Mills, MD. I liked dealing with them, and had no issues.

I am looking at dealerships to service my car. I live about 5 minutes away from Jeff Barnes in Eldersburg, after that it is Len Stoler in Westminster and Heritage. I was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with Jeff Barnes. They are a smaller dealership, but very convenient for me.

I have to make a decision soon, since y 500 mile care already has an air bag service light kicking off.
I live in woodbine and I have had multiple dealing with Jeff Barnes with my truck and my fathers corvette. No problems with them so far!
2018ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 10:40 AM   #14
BrianF

Got everything finished finally. They got the harness in last week, and I made an appointment to drop it off Monday night, so they could get started first thing Tuesday. She was going to call me Monday if something happened.

The service schedule lady I worked with was nice. She even was checking to make sure their head tech was in to do the work and made sure I didn't drop my car off before they could jump on it.

They are a smaller dealership, but I liked the friendly more personal feel, totally different then when I had to work with Apple Ford. I will keep going, unless I have an issue.

Brian