Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-20-2019, 10:19 AM   #15
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Looks to me like the Tesla instigating the Camaro drivers reaction. Tesla driving slow, then skipping across 3 lanes of traffic so the Camaro behind can't pass is equally a Asshole driver in my book.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:39 PM   #16
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Looks to me like the Tesla instigating the Camaro drivers reaction. Tesla driving slow, then skipping across 3 lanes of traffic so the Camaro behind can't pass is equally a Asshole driver in my book.
Tesla driver also has 3 angles and was very selective in what segments it wanted to show. 3 minutes of forward view before we get to see the 30 secs that puts the Tesla in the best light? I'm pretty sure he was cutting off and brake checking the Camaro for those 3 miles on the highway before they exited. You see how many times he changes lanes and then slows down. At the exit ramp he was doing 25mph before speeding back up toward the end. The Camaro obviously tried to go left first (lost from view), and the Tesla kept cutting him off.

This video is more like anti-ICE'ing with a bad ending because he pushed the ICE driver too far and he was retaliating, the Tesla driver then knew his car is likely to be totaled if any part of skateboard is damaged (no insurance company will touch it for repairs) and rear ending him would not be his fault in that scenario.

Tesla already lost the battle that all saved collision footage must be made available to legal counsel, so the Camaro's lawyer will just ask for that and see all the missing parts. If the Tesla was being a hazard in the rain on that interstate, then it will be 'comparative negligence' and each of them will have to pay their own damages (because Illinois doesn't have no-fault for nullifying disputes).
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:00 PM   #17
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
Tesla driver also has 3 angles and was very selective in what segments it wanted to show. 3 minutes of forward view before we get to see the 30 secs that puts the Tesla in the best light? I'm pretty sure he was cutting off and brake checking the Camaro for those 3 miles on the highway before they exited. You see how many times he changes lanes and then slows down. At the exit ramp he was doing 25mph before speeding back up toward the end. The Camaro obviously tried to go left first (lost from view), and the Tesla kept cutting him off.

This video is more like anti-ICE'ing with a bad ending because he pushed the ICE driver too far and he was retaliating, the Tesla driver then knew his car is likely to be totaled if any part of skateboard is damaged (no insurance company will touch it for repairs) and rear ending him would not be his fault in that scenario.

Tesla already lost the battle that all saved collision footage must be made available to legal counsel, so the Camaro's lawyer will just ask for that and see all the missing parts. If the Tesla was being a hazard in the rain on that interstate, then it will be 'comparative negligence' and each of them will have to pay their own damages (because Illinois doesn't have no-fault for nullifying disputes).
You’re guessing and without viewing all the footage you should never make assumptions. Unfortunately regardless the guy in the Camaro was out of line to brake check anyone.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:49 PM   #18
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado57 View Post
It also helps to avoid road rage at all times.
I've also come to the realization that my anger, agitation, and complaining to myself NEVER changes an idiot driver into a good one. It just raises MY blood pressure.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:35 PM   #19
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
I told my son when I was teaching him to drive: See everyone behind the wheel of all the other cars? Don't assume they are all rational human beings, to you they are all assholes about to do something unexpected or stupid. Drive with that in mind and you won't be dissapointed.
I have a "political" sticker on my Jeep. Almost every day some idiot veers over or races up to me to give me the finger. One guy went into road rage and chased me for a mile so he could flip me off.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:29 PM   #20
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
If a car swerves across lanes in front of you like that, you already better be braking to get to the distance where you can stop if they stop. This did not happen in the video. It doesn't excuse the camaro causing the accident, but if someone swerved in front of me like that, I'm hitting the brakes, hard, not continuing. That's why I have 6 piston brakes. If someone hits me from the rear when I do this, it's because THEY were following too close. This is what brakes are for.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 01:22 AM   #21
ohsmily

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE A10 ShadowGrayMetallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodogs View Post
Both drivers got what they deserved clearly Tesla driver playing games as well by going across 3 lanes to prevent the Camaratta from passing
Um, or getting over three lanes in an attempt to get as far away as possible from an aggressive tailgater who later showed himself to be deranged by slamming on his brakes?

The Camaro driver's actions had the direct potential to cause serious bodily injury or death. Disgusting and dangerous behavior.

"Got what they deserved"? *Sigh* - Methinks you are more like the driver in the Camaro in this video by your response.
ohsmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 01:23 AM   #22
ohsmily

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
See above. Your book was apparently written by morons.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:26 AM   #23
ohsmily

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post

That is quite a fanciful narrative you concocted/inferred. Speculate much? Insert confirmation bias much?

You can speculate all day long about what MIGHT be on other footage. The rest of us saw the indefensible conclusion where a driver put himself and others at risk of serious bodily injury or death by deliberately slamming on his brakes in front of another driver out of aggression. If the Tesla had done the same earlier, the solution was for the Camaro driver to slow down and remove himself from the situation; perhaps call the police. Instead, he put himself at risk of criminal prosecution and definite civil liability.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:12 AM   #24
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
I have a "political" sticker on my Jeep. Almost every day some idiot veers over or races up to me to give me the finger. One guy went into road rage and chased me for a mile so he could flip me off.
Political stickers is a sure fire way now days to get road rage. Hell, you can't even wear certain hats in public anymore, unless you WANT to be berated. Todays politics SUCK!
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:15 AM   #25
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsmily View Post
See above. Your book was apparently written by morons.
LOL, need a snickers?
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:24 AM   #26
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
brake checking is/should be attempted murder. It should be tried as such. In fact, any kind of action that results in an accident with another driver/person should be treated as if it was improper or intentional misuse of a deadly weapon. Instead of the relative slap on the wrist you get because it's a car and not a gun or other handheld weapon.

You're knowingly using an object with deadly force to cause an accident that you know can result in death.

Doesn't matter what the other driver did at that point. There's never a good reason to brake check. Hopefully the guy goes to jail.

maybe then we can get these idiots who can't drive because they're on their phones off the road and not have to keep talking about lowering speed limits again back to 1950's era levels. Driving below 60 is ....frustrating...
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:52 AM   #27
Osbornsm

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I'm following too closely because the person in front of me is not following the law which requires people pass in the PASSING LANE and then move the F back over.

I'm not sure if its a Chicago thing... but a 4 lane highway has the left 2 lanes PACKED and going under the speed limit. Meanwhile the right lane is empty for the last 4 miles.

Humans disappoint me

Mods: Rotofab, Nick Williams 103mm TB, MSD IM, Kooks 1 7/8
Results: 470 hp / 447 tq
Osbornsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:03 AM   #28
Airfuel

Drives: '19 2SS M6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osbornsm View Post

Humans disappoint me
Get used to it. The older you get the more aggravated you will be.