Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-25-2017, 03:34 PM   #29
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
What does your stock car dyno at on the dyno which your Procharger will be tested on? Without a baseline, the numbers don't mean squat. Some examples of how important the baseline is for true understanding: Sledge's car baselined at 388hp on the dyno which read 615hp with his Procharger and cam setup. Call that a 58% gain. Then compare to the Edelbrock chart I've seen posted showing 580hp for their supercharger, when the baseline was 440hp. Anyway, people who look at internet hp might think the Edelbrock did almost as well as Sledge's setup. Truth is, his gain was 58% and the Edelbrock gain was 31%. Sledge's improvement was almost twice as large when you look at it honestly.
But didn't his car get a cam, headers, and CAI after his initial baseline.
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 05:05 PM   #30
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW1LE View Post
But didn't his car get a cam, headers, and CAI after his initial baseline.
I think you missed the point I was making. I was not comparing superchargers, but comparing dynos. The typical internet hp thinking would see Sledge's 615 number and Edlebrock's 580 number and think Sledge got very little with his motor work. Looking at the only thing that matters, gain on the same dyno, we know that he actually gained quite a bit. The numbers are not comparable between the two, after all, one reported over FIFTY more hp for a stock LT1 than the other did.

Edited to add: I hadn't noticed that Sledge's baseline was with a CAI, Exhaust, Ported TB and ported Intake Manifold. This means that the difference between the dynos is even bigger, since we know that these bolt-ons have been tested by others to add power to the LT1.

Last edited by wnta1ss; 03-26-2017 at 06:37 AM.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:09 PM   #31
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Quote:
I think you missed the point I was making. I was not comparing superchargers, but comparing dynos. The typical internet hp thinking would see Sledge's 615 number and Edlebrock's 580 number and think Sledge got very little with his motor work. Looking at the only thing that matters, gain on the same dyno, we know that he actually gained quite a bit. The numbers are not comparable between the two, after all, one reported over FIFTY more hp for a stock LT1 than the other did.
Sorry, I misread your post, thought you were trying to compare % differences in gain between SCers, so yes, I agree, dyno results cannot be compared. Even on the same dyno changes can occur on different days, just lash the car down differently, let alone input variables/weather. Anyhow, the real test is on the blacktop, but even there weather and track prep even on the same track can be different and effect results.
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 07:46 AM   #32
Chevy71

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
What does your stock car dyno at on the dyno which your Procharger will be tested on? Without a baseline, the numbers don't mean squat. Some examples of how important the baseline is for true understanding: Sledge's car baselined at 388hp on the dyno which read 615hp with his Procharger and cam setup. Call that a 58% gain. Then compare to the Edelbrock chart I've seen posted showing 580hp for their supercharger, when the baseline was 440hp. Anyway, people who look at internet hp might think the Edelbrock did almost as well as Sledge's setup. Truth is, his gain was 58% and the Edelbrock gain was 31%. Sledge's improvement was almost twice as large when you look at it honestly.
My car bone stock went 426hp, but it wasn't on Domin8's dyno. So next week we are going to run it baseline on his and see where we are. It's back to bone stock as well. So that will help show the true gains of this set up.
Chevy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 07:51 AM   #33
Chevy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW1LE View Post
Isn't his car tuned for 91? You'll be on 93, and probably a different cam grind, so it will be interesting to see. Who is doing your install and tune?
Mine will be on 91 as well. It's hard to find 93 around here, and I don't know that there is much to gain in those 2 extra octane? The weather will play a big part, and the M6 doesn't rob as much HP as the A8. I also can't shift as fast as the A8 lol.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:53 AM   #34
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy71 View Post
My car bone stock went 426hp, but it wasn't on Domin8's dyno. So next week we are going to run it baseline on his and see where we are. It's back to bone stock as well. So that will help show the true gains of this set up.
Excellent! You will have some real data on the gains that you get from your project. Good luck!
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:04 AM   #35
Chevy71

Quote:
Excellent! You will have some real data on the gains that you get from your project. Good luck!
I guess my question came across wrong. I understand the weather and tuner play a big role in what numbers are posted, but he was way off from the 650-700 guesstimated number and has more mods than I will. I started life as a mechanic and work in that industry now, so I fully understand the dyno pulls and that fact it's a tool. The mustang dyno also pulls from the number just because of the way it runs. That number is just a long way off, that was my only point. I'm not chasing a dyno number, my car is and will be a street car. I'm good with low 600's if that is what she turns.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:35 AM   #36
ProCharger

Drives: Many C7's
Quote:
Seeing Sledge's car did 615rwhp with a set up close to mine, do you really feel that I'll be in the 650rwhp range? He has ported TB and Intake and the full SW exhaust, so I would think he would get more power than I would.
That car was dyno'ed on a machine known to product low number.
(and thats totally ok, cause its the "gain" that matters, not the numbers)

Car went from 388 to like 615 or something.

ON CALI, junk junk junk junk 91 octane!

Thats saying something.
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:14 PM   #37
Chevy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCharger View Post
That car was dyno'ed on a machine known to product low number.
(and thats totally ok, cause its the "gain" that matters, not the numbers)

Car went from 388 to like 615 or something.

ON CALI, junk junk junk junk 91 octane!

Thats saying something.
That's a good point on the gas they have. My pro-charger will be here towards the end of next week, so I'll know what I have shortly after. I'm looking to run a baseline Wednesday after work. This will be the same dyno that my car gets tuned on. So we will see where we are starting. since the pro charger is not far away we are probably going to start working on it towards the end of this week also.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:42 PM   #38
Chevy71

Well.. this dyno wasn't as good to me on the number side. SAE 0.99, humidity 37%, 58 degrees outside. Made three fourth gear passes and the graphs laid on each other real close. 410hp and 421 ft lbs torque.
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2017, 09:50 PM   #39
Chevy71

Short video of a pull

https://youtu.be/cORF0aheGas
Attached Images

Last edited by Chevy71; 03-30-2017 at 06:33 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:57 AM   #40
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Right on point.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:40 AM   #41
ProCharger

Drives: Many C7's
Quote:
Well.. this dyno wasn't as good to me on the number side. SAE 0.99, humidity 37%, 58 degrees outside. Made three fourth gear passes and the graphs laid on each other real close. 410hp and 421 ft lbs torque.
I would say that 410 is actually on the higher side of stock cars I have seen.
If not dead nuts on the money.

And I have dyno'ed a LOT of them.
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:51 AM   #42
Chevy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCharger View Post
I would say that 410 is actually on the higher side of stock cars I have seen.
If not dead nuts on the money.

And I have dyno'ed a LOT of them.
That's good to hear! My very first dyno pull at 2,000 miles on the car came in 426hp. Dyno Jet dyno as well. Different time of year and day then. He was running SAE as well, I don't want non corrected numbers from STD lol. It sounds like my more recent one is more in line with normal.