Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 10-19-2018, 11:42 PM   #1
D3V

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS v6. Black out.
Camaro 2lt RS MBRP exhaust?

Hi I’ve been doing research for my Camaro for a new exhaust that will make my car louder and deeper. There is a video on YouTube that I think meets my need but the Camaro rs on YouTube has a MBRP 3 inch exhaust that is suppose to be on the Camaro SS. If anyone else knows more about this please let me know if this is a smart move.
Thank you

https://ru-clip.net/video/kq9s0vF7Dm...v6-camaro.html
D3V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:36 PM   #2
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Why not just look on their site to see what fits on your car instead of rigging something up?
https://store.mbrpautomotive.com/en/
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:53 PM   #3
D3V

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS v6. Black out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
Why not just look on their site to see what fits on your car instead of rigging something up?
https://store.mbrpautomotive.com/en/
I looked on the website. But it’s not really rigging something of my own up it’s me buying their whole catback system the 3in race mbrp exhaust that was built for an SS and put it on my RS.
D3V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:27 PM   #4
JakeF_RS

Drives: Camaro
I think 3 in is too big for the LGX, you might lose some exhaust velocity and low end torque. A lot of the aftermarket exhausts have a deeper tone than stock, which doesn't have much bass tone at all because of the way the mufflers are designed. That's going to be the case with nearly all stock V6's, my old Acura TL, my friend's G37, another friend's old J32 V6 Accord.
JakeF_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:12 PM   #5
Rsblueblood
Kywildcats

Drives: 2020 2SS shock and steel (shocker)
Sorry for late post if you are still looking into this i can help
1. Changing over to 3” pipe from the 1st cats back isn’t going to lose any power or torque.
2. Don’t buy the v6 axlebacks from MBRP there are very high.
3. Delete 2nd cats replace with an x pipe then buy MBRP axlebacks for the SS, exhaust shope will have to make a cupler 2.75 to 3” bam you’re done. Deep and loud happy you will be. Don’t delete the other suitcase looking thing resonator exhaust will be very raspy.
4 look at my Instagram @jhmjr or look for supperhawk thats his car you was talking about at first.
Rsblueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 06:55 AM   #6
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
If youre not boosted or running nitrous, 3 inch dual pipes are too large for a 3.6l engine.

Just use logic. If the 6.2l engines are using 2.75 inch dual exhaust in aftermarket setups, and that's efficient for them, how is a car with an engine giving nealry HALF the displacement going to be efficient using a bigger exhaust than 2.75?

Just cause something can be done doesnt mean it should. Especially if you want the best of both worlds.

I know ive posted plenty of facts on this in this forum. Some people will do whatever. But from a performance perspective there are far better options, even diy.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote