Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-05-2018, 11:16 AM   #29
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
yup i love my yyz springs talked to some shock guys at sema but still nothing out yet lol sucks
Old 11-05-2018, 07:27 PM   #30
glenB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Aren’t the GM ones non-progressive? I think that is a deal breaker IMO. Looks like the YYZ are the only ones that seem to have done their homework in that regard. Love the idea of stock ride quality, not too stiff rears for a great launch, and spring rates that rise with handling load. Progressive is the only way to get that in my humble opinion.
Correct, the GM springs are linear.

The thing with the GM kit is the springs and shock/strut are a matched set. I know I'll take heat for, and I haven't run the YYZ springs, but on a non MRC suspension there is no way that an aftermarket lowering spring can match the factory installed shock/strut control. Simply because a lowering spring has to be a stiffer rate, even a progressive spring has to make compromises.

The GM kit is stiffer than a stock SS, but not harsh and does not suffer from the pogo effect many aftermarket springs experience in the rear, which is the biggest problem.

I believe the ride quality of the GM kit Vs a 1LE is the same, but the mag ride reacts faster and better. I would describe the mag ride as better controlled over the GM kit, but then that's the beauty of the mag ride.
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 08:51 PM   #31
Korosion

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quick question. I am about to pull the trigger on the GM suspension kit, however I noticed that it says this item is "excluded from 18-inch wheels" right now I have the Apex 18x10. Are these struts any different than the stock ones? In terms of clearance. Right now I have the 5mm spacers for the front, because technically the 18in wheels wont work for the stock setup unless you have those 5mm spacers

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/perfo...-92292611.html
Korosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:33 AM   #32
glenB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korosion View Post
Quick question. I am about to pull the trigger on the GM suspension kit, however I noticed that it says this item is "excluded from 18-inch wheels" right now I have the Apex 18x10. Are these struts any different than the stock ones? In terms of clearance. Right now I have the 5mm spacers for the front, because technically the 18in wheels wont work for the stock setup unless you have those 5mm spacers

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/perfo...-92292611.html
They are the same
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:13 AM   #33
Korosion

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenB View Post
They are the same
Thank you!
Korosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:47 AM   #34
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenB View Post
Correct, the GM springs are linear.

The thing with the GM kit is the springs and shock/strut are a matched set. I know I'll take heat for, and I haven't run the YYZ springs, but on a non MRC suspension there is no way that an aftermarket lowering spring can match the factory installed shock/strut control. Simply because a lowering spring has to be a stiffer rate, even a progressive spring has to make compromises.

The GM kit is stiffer than a stock SS, but not harsh and does not suffer from the pogo effect many aftermarket springs experience in the rear, which is the biggest problem.

I believe the ride quality of the GM kit Vs a 1LE is the same, but the mag ride reacts faster and better. I would describe the mag ride as better controlled over the GM kit, but then that's the beauty of the mag ride.

and i dont get why nobody has made any replacement shocks yet for a non mrc ss its crazy!

every year i talk to bilstein and koni and other guys at sema and nope nothing

penske told me they have some this year for a low price of $5600 for a set lol yikes
Old 11-29-2018, 03:24 PM   #35
aldrinknows

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
@kropscamaro16 do you have any pics of your camaro lowered on the yyz springs?
aldrinknows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 03:28 PM   #36
kropscamaro16

the pics on here is my car or if you follow me on facebook or ig i awlways post tons of pics but dont forget im a 1ss with no mrc

https://wildhammermotorsports.com/ca...ll-race-parts/
Old 12-04-2018, 12:09 PM   #37
DatBrotato

Drives: '18 SS 1LE M6
Went with the BMRs for my MRC. Been ~6mo and I love em, no change is ride quality, just better response.
I try to steer clear of eibachs. Alot of them are progressive & they sag in the rear as you put miles on em.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:52 PM   #38
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBrotato View Post
Went with the BMRs for my MRC. Been ~6mo and I love em, no change is ride quality, just better response.
I try to steer clear of eibachs. Alot of them are progressive & they sag in the rear as you put miles on em.

yea i have some free eibachs on my daily and they are good guys but alot of us cobalt ss people had problem with the eibach springs doing that on my previous car and also rusting and breaking lol
Old 12-04-2018, 01:06 PM   #39
DatBrotato

Drives: '18 SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
yea i have some free eibachs on my daily and they are good guys but alot of us cobalt ss people had problem with the eibach springs doing that on my previous car and also rusting and breaking lol
yeh they sagged on my WS6 & Z28, too bouncy for my taste as well.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:22 PM   #40
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBrotato View Post
yeh they sagged on my WS6 & Z28, too bouncy for my taste as well.

yea my last car i had eibach first then pedders then yyz with koni yellows

this car i had the afe power ones first then the yyz lol lessons learned