Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 11-22-2018, 12:22 AM   #1
KLG

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Installed the GMPP SG3 Sport Suspension Kit today

I bought the suspension kit more than 6 months ago, but, I could never find the time to install it, so, I gave up and had the dealership do the work this week.

The directions state the kit lowers the car about 20mm. I drove the car about 15 miles after picking it up. After I got home, I checked the drop. The front is 21mm lower and the rear is 13mm lower. Be interesting to see if it settles more in the rear.

Although I did not drive it that far, the ride is a little stiffer and the car feels more planted in curves.

The photos are after the kit was installed.

--KLG--
Attached Images

2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.
KLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:13 AM   #2
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Congrats!! Looks great. Can you please post more pics in better lighting?

Not sure if you had seen, but the Camaro team had provided lap time improvements with this kit (combined with the swaybar/link kit): https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542333

I'm definitely leaning toward this kit!

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:04 PM   #3
KLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Congrats!! Looks great. Can you please post more pics in better lighting?

Not sure if you had seen, but the Camaro team had provided lap time improvements with this kit (combined with the swaybar/link kit): https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542333

I'm definitely leaning toward this kit!
Thanks for the link. I had heard that this kit alone helps with lap times but until now I had not read anything that supported what I heard.

The kit is complete, comes with everything you need including hardware.

Although the drop is modest, it is perfect for me. It improves the look and improves the handling. Also, with a couple 2"x6" planks placed in the lowest area of my rolled curb driveway, I do not drag. Although now, the front wheel air dams are less than 3/4" from the pavement when entering/exiting my driveway.

I had considered upgrading the sway bars too, but GM does not offer a kit for the convertible, or, I could not find it. However, since this is a convertible and I just cruise on weekends/holidays and no plans to track the car, this is likely the only suspension upgrade I will do.

I would like to go with wider wheels/tires one day.

Below is a photo of the suspension kit components.

Regards,

--KLG--
Attached Images

2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.
Old 11-22-2018, 01:35 PM   #4
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Thanks for posting! I've been considering purchasing this kit for quite some time, but this thread and the related "Ask Al" thread have confirmed my decision. The stance of your vehicle is perfect!
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:37 PM   #5
Chocolate Apocalypse
Full Fledged Member

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Nice, did you get it installed at Ed Bozarth?
Old 11-22-2018, 09:40 PM   #6
KLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Apocalypse View Post
Nice, did you get it installed at Ed Bozarth?
Yes.

So far I have had good experiences with Ed Bozarth. Last year, they replaced my top due to the rear window coming unglued along with a few other warranty items. And now the suspension install.

Although I am the second owner of this car, the car was originally purchased from this dealership.

Also, this dealership is convenient since it is 6 miles from my home.
Old 11-24-2018, 11:03 AM   #7
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
More pics, please!

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 07:46 AM   #8
KLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
More pics, please!
Sorry, I have been busy and have not had the car out of the garage since I brought it home on Wednesday.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:59 AM   #9
DC5

Do you have any further observations about this suspension kit?
Old 12-03-2018, 11:42 PM   #10
KLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5 View Post
Do you have any further observations about this suspension kit?
No, I have not even driven the car since I brought it home.

Several days after bringing the car home, I discovered an issue with the work Bozarth Chevrolet performed. I need to have that issue corrected before I do anything with the car.

So until things are worked out with Bozarth, I won't have anything to share.

Sorry.

--KLG--
Old 12-04-2018, 12:29 AM   #11
DC5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLG View Post
No, I have not even driven the car since I brought it home.

Several days after bringing the car home, I discovered an issue with the work Bozarth Chevrolet performed. I need to have that issue corrected before I do anything with the car.

So until things are worked out with Bozarth, I won't have anything to share.

Sorry.

--KLG--
That sucks, but thanks for checking in.

Please provide us with an update upon having the issue resolved and putting some miles on the vehicle.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:26 AM   #12
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5 View Post
That sucks, but thanks for checking in.

Please provide us with an update upon having the issue resolved and putting some miles on the vehicle.

whats the issues?