Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 11-11-2018, 05:02 PM   #15
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Everything is racing only it's a legal term so when you fail an inspection they aren't liable.
While I agree with that, the Green Dot means that the product would be 50 state legal. Some of their stuff is.

Just going off of if they may have planned for a carb certification they would have it to where it possibly either had the red and green. Or at least the Green Dot somewhere. Only time will tell. They didnt have much info whwn i called in. The one guy had to actually go to the engineers working on the project and ask em the questions i had.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:24 PM   #16
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
While I agree with that, the Green Dot means that the product would be 50 state legal. Some of their stuff is.

Just going off of if they may have planned for a carb certification they would have it to where it possibly either had the red and green. Or at least the Green Dot somewhere. Only time will tell. They didnt have much info whwn i called in. The one guy had to actually go to the engineers working on the project and ask em the questions i had.
Well I mean 80% of the aftermarket isn't CARB compliant and w all make out just fine. With proper tuning it's easy to pass any inspection so i'm not really sure what the fuss over a CARB compliant S/C over a non-CARB compliant one is when you can still pass inspection with either one.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:29 PM   #17
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Well I mean 80% of the aftermarket isn't CARB compliant and w all make out just fine. With proper tuning it's easy to pass any inspection so i'm not really sure what the fuss over a CARB compliant S/C over a non-CARB compliant one is when you can still pass inspection with either one.
Me personally, i dont really care. I have hp tuners.

I was just noting from the pic to be honest.

Be it the overkill or this, one will go on.

I believe cellsafemode is actually IN Cali... so it may be an issue for him.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:02 PM   #18
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Precautionary concerns... Since police will use mods as an add-on ticket if you are pulled over for any reason.

If I have a choice between one that may get eo'd in the future, I'd definitely go with that one. Price will be interesting given the low volume custom part it must be to fit the lgx
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:05 PM   #19
Kairles

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
the point is, roots style superchargers like this one are the only ones ever likely to be carb compliant even if they were all submitted for testing. The airbox and maf sensor and any other emissions related items must all remain in their stock position. Centrifugal that result in requiring a change in the location of those items have little to no hope of ever being compliant.

if it never gets excepted, it will be interesting to see how easily the kit is swapped.
thats not true, Procharger and Vortec both have CARB legal supercharger kits for various vehicles. Its just a money thing, and lately companys have just given CARB the middle finger and not have the parts tested. To test is something like $10,000 per test. If the part fits different model each model would have to be tested.
Kairles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:33 AM   #20
cellsafemode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairles View Post
thats not true, Procharger and Vortec both have CARB legal supercharger kits for various vehicles. Its just a money thing, and lately companys have just given CARB the middle finger and not have the parts tested. To test is something like $10,000 per test. If the part fits different model each model would have to be tested.
CARB doesn't dictate the cost of testing, that's done by independent testing centers. SEMA has their own, and they have stated in interviews that it's generally between a couple to 5000 dollars. The cost goes up if multiple tests have to be done due to failures. But CARB itself doesn't cost you anything outside of submission fees (which if you're part of SEMA, is free)

It could be that for the applications those centrifugal chargers were in, it didn't result in a change to the location of the maf and air filter. That's why parts are EO'd and certified only for specific applications and not the part itself. I just know that most things fail or require significantly more in depth testing if they move the position of the MAF or change the air filter box (especially if that stupid box has a carbon filter pad)

Either way, a solution that is more drop-in has a better shot at being given an EO number than one that adjusts the location of the maf and airbox. The airbox is why GM's own aftermarket intakes weren't carb compliant and probably never will be.

Last edited by cellsafemode; 11-12-2018 at 09:56 AM.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:30 PM   #21
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
This is exciting...
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:02 PM   #22
driverxdeutsch

Drives: 2018 V6 1LE
I messaged them back in September asking if this was on the horizon and they said " stay tuned." So I am way excited to be seeing this come around. 100% interested in this as soon as it's out. My 1LE is already just a few 10th's off of the SS's and GT's at the track, keeping my fingers crossed that this is up for track duty!
driverxdeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:04 AM   #23
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by driverxdeutsch View Post
I messaged them back in September asking if this was on the horizon and they said " stay tuned." So I am way excited to be seeing this come around. 100% interested in this as soon as it's out. My 1LE is already just a few 10th's off of the SS's and GT's at the track, keeping my fingers crossed that this is up for track duty!
I was just thinking about this post today haha
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:46 PM   #24
driverxdeutsch

Drives: 2018 V6 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriff14 View Post
I was just thinking about this post today haha
Yeah, someone posted something about them working on one and everyone flamed the guy. I reached out to them after seeing that post and they confirmed it, so I was content.
driverxdeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:40 PM   #25
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
That buys alot of nitrous.. just saying.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 05:29 PM   #26
cellsafemode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
That buys alot of nitrous.. just saying.
who has time for nitrous? You gotta prep it, you gotta get it all ready to be used before you want to use it....then you gotta use up trunk space for the hardware.

Not really practical outside of a track. And despite what everyone _should_ do, almost nobody (relative numbers) goes to the track to go fast. So it's supercharger / turbo. Nitrous is different enough that it really hits a different market.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:50 PM   #27
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Trunk is forkin huge.. and rather useless due to toaster size opening.

Remote bottle heater, remote opener.. and you're switch away from speeeed in bottle.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:40 AM   #28
BOYD3800SII

Drives: 2017 RS CAMARO V6
This seems promising, but I am interested in seeing how it compares to the OVERKILL kit and a well setup single turbo kit. Also does anybody know why on the LGX motor that this roots style supercharger estimates to make more horsepower than torque overall? I see that the I4 turbo engine has more torque than horsepower? Soooo would that imply that turbos on these engines are better off?
BOYD3800SII is offline   Reply With Quote