Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-02-2018, 03:19 PM   #15
Desenski

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
Uh, from what official source are you seeing that?

Of course, any damage diminishes the value - in your eyes, in a future buyer’s eyes and to anyone you tell about it. But that doesn’t mean an insurance company is going to cough up more money in a situation like this. They’re going to pay to get it fixed to “as new” condition, and no more - that is, unless you’re as good at whining and complaining as I am.
Fixing the vehicle to as new condition doesnt make everything whole. Insurance wants to pay out as little as possible. So I have to make a deal out of this.
Desenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:39 PM   #16
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Ours got hit in a similar way, but no visible scratch or damage. Dealer inspected with bumper off and that styrofoam handles the energy quite well.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:44 PM   #17
Desenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdasnt3 View Post
Ours got hit in a similar way, but no visible scratch or damage. Dealer inspected with bumper off and that styrofoam handles the energy quite well.
Yeah ive got an appointment on Friday for the dealer to inspect it. Hoping its just the visual damage.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:57 PM   #18
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desenski View Post
Yeah ive got an appointment on Friday for the dealer to inspect it. Hoping its just the visual damage.
had the same happen to me.

they just filled and repainted it (had a really really deep gash) and I tell ya what I should've gotten compensation but the repair is perfect.

that's one shitty situation man, sorry to hear.
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 04:35 PM   #19
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
Does the license plate cover it? If it does I would just forget about it, not worth losing the value.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:36 PM   #20
Desenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintyre1969 View Post
Does the license plate cover it? If it does I would just forget about it, not worth losing the value.
Nope. Its on the spot just below the license plate. The flat surface above it is where the plate sits.

Last edited by Desenski; 07-02-2018 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:55 PM   #21
Desenski

Wanted to give an update and get some opinions.
Their insurance has claimed full liability for the incident, but they want me to take it to a "State Farm" certified place to have an appraisal done via visuals (just from what they can see). Or have me upload some pictures to their mobile app..... I told them I already have an appointment at the local Chevy dealer to have them do a full inspection of the area, but they are telling me that wont work for their appraisal.

My issue with this, they are not my insurance company. I don't really give a shit who they consider certified or not. I'm not going to accept some bondo and repaint which is what they would probably want to do. I want to get fixed and fixed right (even if it means a new bumper as that won't have any damage and wouldn't have any repairs or have been repainted.

Anyone have any tips on how I should go about this to get insurance to pay to have this done correctly by the Chevy dealer?
Old 07-03-2018, 03:14 PM   #22
Skipper

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
My wife had similar accident in her BMW. We sent the pics as the other parties ins co. requested (Allstate). They send you a low ball estimate (if you cash the check - they win). You can take the car wherever you like. You just tell their insurance co. where you are taking the vehicle and then sign the check over to the body shop. Their insurance then has to pay the difference in repairs. If I remember correctly the new bumper cover (painted) was around $1700 for that car. Perfect paint and alignment. They offered around $500 for diminished value which I’m sure is lowball but didn’t feel like dealing with it so we took it.
Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 03:20 PM   #23
Desenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper View Post
My wife had similar accident in her BMW. We sent the pics as the other parties ins co. requested (Allstate). They send you a low ball estimate (if you cash the check - they win). You can take the car wherever you like. You just tell their insurance co. where you are taking the vehicle and then sign the check over to the body shop. Their insurance then has to pay the difference in repairs. If I remember correctly the new bumper cover (painted) was around $1700 for that car. Perfect paint and alignment. They offered around $500 for diminished value which I’m sure is lowball but didn’t feel like dealing with it so we took it.
So do you recommend that I get it fixed by the Chevy dealer and tell State Farm to bad this is how and where it's getting fixed and you're paying for it?
Old 07-03-2018, 03:21 PM   #24
Kise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desenski View Post
Wanted to give an update and get some opinions.
Their insurance has claimed full liability for the incident, but they want me to take it to a "State Farm" certified place to have an appraisal done via visuals (just from what they can see). Or have me upload some pictures to their mobile app..... I told them I already have an appointment at the local Chevy dealer to have them do a full inspection of the area, but they are telling me that wont work for their appraisal.

My issue with this, they are not my insurance company. I don't really give a shit who they consider certified or not. I'm not going to accept some bondo and repaint which is what they would probably want to do. I want to get fixed and fixed right (even if it means a new bumper as that won't have any damage and wouldn't have any repairs or have been repainted.

Anyone have any tips on how I should go about this to get insurance to pay to have this done correctly by the Chevy dealer?
normally their insurance adjuster will come out but when they do the appraisal, they compensate for the full value of the fix.
once they provide the adjustment, you will take that to your recommended shop ( I used a chevy body shop) and if anything comes back higher than what they paid you for the work, they will send the remaining balance to the adjuster.

I promise you right now just for that small of damage they aren't replacing anything. if they do you should buy a lottery ticket.

I thought for sure they would replace my front fascia because it had a half inch deep gash and broke out the grille but both insurance companies said not a chance for a new bumper when I said I didn't want the bondo and repaint.

at that point I was ready to just fix it and sell it but they did the repair and repainted the whole bumper and it looks literally brand new. not a single blemish. I didn't want to believe it even looking at it.

really shitty and inconvenient situation for you but the insurance companies are only willing to pay the minimum to get you fixed up.

if you don't plan to keep the car for long to where it effects your current resale value I would definitely demand compensation.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:24 PM   #25
Skipper

It’s your car. They can’t tell you where to get it repaired. Also... make sure they have a nice rental or loaner for you while it’s repaired. Allstate had their recommended facility but we took it to the shop our BMW dealer was associated with. They did it perfect the first time. We signed over the check and our shop coordinated with their insurance for the rest of the payment.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:30 PM   #26
Skipper

I would say you’d have a better chance of having the bumper replaced using your own shop or your dealer as you mentioned. It’s a brand new car - when you bring it to them, convince them that you won’t be happy with plastic repairs. They can always find hidden damage behind bumper that the pics won’t show. That’s how I approached it when repairing ours. She had same license plate damage imprints as yours - just a bit more severe but not much.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:36 PM   #27
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
If you don't have a shop you personally know and trust, I would use their certified shop. They guaranty the repair as long as you own the car.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:00 PM   #28
Kise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper View Post
I would say you’d have a better chance of having the bumper replaced using your own shop or your dealer as you mentioned. It’s a brand new car - when you bring it to them, convince them that you won’t be happy with plastic repairs. They can always find hidden damage behind bumper that the pics won’t show. That’s how I approached it when repairing ours. She had same license plate damage imprints as yours - just a bit more severe but not much.
I just had mine done weeks ago.
they wont pay out more because someone doesn't like something. it has to have unfixable damage.

if they can shell out 700 for a fix and repaint instead of 400 for the fascia and 1000 for the paint and installation, there will not be any other options unless deemed unfixable or unsafe . believe me I tried everything I could.

mine ended up being 1900 for repair, repaint, new grille, installation. the repaint was nearly 1000 alone at coughlin chevy.

Tags
1le, 2ss, nightfall, rearended