Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-22-2019, 06:27 PM   #239
Gray50
Intentionally left blank.

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Fifty
In March 2018, at a little less than 12k miles, mine had the flush, new TC, and a reprogram... From that point until I traded it off a few days ago (a little less than 18k miles), there was no more shudder.
Old 02-27-2019, 02:25 AM   #240
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Found an interesting read on the GM tech link site... particularly the comments at the bottom showing interaction with the dealers and GM tech representative "Ed."

Why so many failed flushes? Because a) the "black label" fluid is not good enough and b) even the new better "blue label" fluid can go bad if it's left to absorb water and c) if they don't flush enough of the bad fluid out or use the wrong flush machine the flush fix may not be effective.

https://gm-techlink.com/?p=11127

What a mess.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 07:51 AM   #241
speedup

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Found an interesting read on the GM tech link site... particularly the comments at the bottom showing interaction with the dealers and GM tech representative "Ed."

Why so many failed flushes? Because a) the "black label" fluid is not good enough and b) even the new better "blue label" fluid can go bad if it's left to absorb water and c) if they don't flush enough of the bad fluid out or use the wrong flush machine the flush fix may not be effective.

https://gm-techlink.com/?p=11127

What a mess.
Interesting read of the tech notes at the bottom. Nice to see that at least one of them feels our pain, and is frustrated with GM and the lack of a fix also.

2017 2SS, Hyper Blue, 8sp, NPP, MRC
speedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:35 AM   #242
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray50 View Post
In March 2018, at a little less than 12k miles, mine had the flush, new TC, and a reprogram... From that point until I traded it off a few days ago (a little less than 18k miles), there was no more shudder.
Did the TC issue play a factor in trading the ride?
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:40 AM   #243
Calvear0

Drives: Currently Looking for 2019 SS
Is this true? the 2019's also have it? that's a bummer as I was looking into getting a 2019 SS with the A10
Calvear0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:29 AM   #244
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvear0 View Post
Is this true? the 2019's also have it? that's a bummer as I was looking into getting a 2019 SS with the A10
Not the A10. Only the A8.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:40 AM   #245
Calvear0

Drives: Currently Looking for 2019 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post
Not the A10. Only the A8.
Good to know! Thank you
Calvear0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 05:23 PM   #246
Gray50
Intentionally left blank.

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
Did the TC issue play a factor in trading the ride?
That was part of it, "knowing" the issue was going to come back, based on GM's ongoing "we really found the fix this time!"

Another big part of it was being tired of the car beating me up. The CPO sticker claimed it had "active suspension," which I had misinterpreted as MRC. It did not have MRC (the OTHER Fifty on the lot at MRC, not THIS one), but I didn't realize that until a few weeks later when I never could find the settings in the menus and searching here told me where they "should" have been.

There was a big combination of factors, but the concern about the transmission issues coming back and having to deal with all that again encouraged me to look elsewhere. If I had gotten a stick with MRC, I would likely still be driving it.

EDIT : Not much would make me happier than the current fix being the REAL fix and you guys being able to get your issues resolved (and I could kick myself a little for trading too early). LOL
Old 03-01-2019, 08:37 AM   #247
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Shame, nice looking ride. Yes, a stick gets you out of the auto trans possible issues and the how reliable is this active EFM question. Ya they say the shudder is fixed but offer no extended warranty on the TC and trans. The MRC in my friends Cad cts-v was a must if driven close to daily. I guess MRC and dumping the run flats would be good.

Just a shame on how many GM has sucker punched with the A8 and we let the public do our real road testing crap. Hope the new procedure works and shudder issues get extended warranty on TC and trans.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:54 AM   #248
Nato301

Drives: 2018 2ss/1LE performance
So I took my 2018 2ss to the dealer yesterday due to shudder. I just got the car almost two weeks ago. I mean it’s still relatively new because it has 2800 miles on it “now”. I explained the situation (to the service center advisor) and they insist that they keep the car overnight. They explained that Mobil 1 has some old chemical fluid for the transmission that’s not compatible with some cars and unfortunately mine was not. He told me they’ll change it with “Mobil 1 up to date fluid” and that should resolve the issue. Also he mentioned, they’ll change out and flush all the fluids. Now I hope he didn’t mean “flush transmission fluid” cause that can screw up my transmission right? I mean the car is new. Now I’ve noticed other people mentioning they’ve had flushes done on their cars on this thread considering it’s a A.O.K thang....... so I shouldn’t be worried?
Nato301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:44 AM   #249
70chevelleSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1970 chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nato301 View Post
So I took my 2018 2ss to the dealer yesterday due to shudder. I just got the car almost two weeks ago. I mean it’s still relatively new because it has 2800 miles on it “now”. I explained the situation (to the service center advisor) and they insist that they keep the car overnight. They explained that Mobil 1 has some old chemical fluid for the transmission that’s not compatible with some cars and unfortunately mine was not. He told me they’ll change it with “Mobil 1 up to date fluid” and that should resolve the issue. Also he mentioned, they’ll change out and flush all the fluids. Now I hope he didn’t mean “flush transmission fluid” cause that can screw up my transmission right? I mean the car is new. Now I’ve noticed other people mentioning they’ve had flushes done on their cars on this thread considering it’s a A.O.K thang....... so I shouldn’t be worried?

A fluid flush will not hurt your transmission

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2019, 10:54 AM   #250
Nato301

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70chevelleSS View Post
A fluid flush will not hurt your transmission

I hear ya, but what’s confusing me is that there are numerous posts stating not to get one because of the consequences, Instead get a fluid exchange. I’m reading one thing from another. Besides all that, I’m learning. Anyway thanks for the reply
Old 03-03-2019, 11:10 AM   #251
70chevelleSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1970 chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nato301 View Post
I hear ya, but what’s confusing me is that there are numerous posts stating not to get one because of the consequences, Instead get a fluid exchange. I’m reading one thing from another. Besides all that, I’m learning. Anyway thanks for the reply

Wouldn’t stress too much over it man. The dealer procedures (at least what they did to mine) is just to drop the pan and change the fluid 3x to make sure they got all of the old fluid out. Supposedly this new bulletin uses a new “tool” so things may have changed. Not sure

Old 03-03-2019, 02:51 PM   #252
Nato301

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70chevelleSS View Post
Wouldn’t stress too much over it man. The dealer procedures (at least what they did to mine) is just to drop the pan and change the fluid 3x to make sure they got all of the old fluid out. Supposedly this new bulletin uses a new “tool” so things may have changed. Not sure

You are awesome, it’s been crazy man. I feel so relieved right now lol