Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 09-14-2020, 06:47 AM   #71
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
I’m glad you bumped this. Good info.

This discussion sort of came up already, but my circumstances are a bit different as I have nowhere within 60 miles (that I know of) that has E85. What I have in-town is 91 up to 10%, & 91 non-ethanol. 15 miles away is 93 non-ethanol that when I’m over that direction I try to fill up.

Between the two in-town, which do you recommend?
This package still adds significant power on 91, don't forget with lower octane fuel you start lower and finish lower but the Delta gains are the same.

Ethanol fuel are more detonation resistant than non ethanol fuels so I recommend you stick with 91 E-10

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 06:47 AM   #72
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowtie1 View Post
Thanks Ted as always
Old 11-29-2020, 03:46 PM   #73
Ebbsnflows

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1-1LE
Bringing this back to the top with a couple of Questions for Ted:
1. For the 95mm LT5 T-body kit - I've seen 2 different adapter plates available. One of them reduces from 95mm down to 87mm in order to transition and mount flush with non-ported LT4 blower snouts. The other is a straight through 95mm to 95mm and (I assume) results in a less smooth transition when matched to non-ported snouts. I would think that both options cause bottlenecks and significantly reduce the benefit of the bigger T-body...but ignoring that, Which do you sell/recommend?

2. JMS voltage booster - Is it possible to determine or establish how much additional rwhp these units support on a max'd out fuel-system? I know there are variables, but for example - Let's say I install rotofab / headers / flex-fuel / LT5 T-body / remote tune, but omit the voltage booster - how much HP (or ethanol content) am I leaving on the table compared to WITH the voltage booster? Your thoughts?

This is for an '18 ZL1 1LE.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:45 PM   #74
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Also to add another quick question...

If you went cam with this package, can you run full e, or does that take additional low side supply?
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 08:23 AM   #75
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbsnflows View Post
Bringing this back to the top with a couple of Questions for Ted:
1. For the 95mm LT5 T-body kit - I've seen 2 different adapter plates available. One of them reduces from 95mm down to 87mm in order to transition and mount flush with non-ported LT4 blower snouts. The other is a straight through 95mm to 95mm and (I assume) results in a less smooth transition when matched to non-ported snouts. I would think that both options cause bottlenecks and significantly reduce the benefit of the bigger T-body...but ignoring that, Which do you sell/recommend?

2. JMS voltage booster - Is it possible to determine or establish how much additional rwhp these units support on a max'd out fuel-system? I know there are variables, but for example - Let's say I install rotofab / headers / flex-fuel / LT5 T-body / remote tune, but omit the voltage booster - how much HP (or ethanol content) am I leaving on the table compared to WITH the voltage booster? Your thoughts?

This is for an '18 ZL1 1LE.
Thank you for your interest in this package.

What you are not seeing is the space the shaft takes up is greater than the bore loss.

So even with a 88 mm opening we still see gains from the 95 mm blade.

The cars are currently pretty consistent since they are still all relatively low mileage We see fuel pressure drop any time we add E- even on stock ZL-1

I recommend the JMS for any build beyond stock do not OMIT.

This package is safe to 670 RWHP on E-60, beyond either we see fuel pressure start to fall.

Ted.
Old 11-30-2020, 08:25 AM   #76
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
Also to add another quick question...

If you went cam with this package, can you run full e, or does that take additional low side supply?
NO because you have now increased Air flow which requires more fuel flow from the low side pump and injectors.

Any additional low side will not extend the injectors or high side pump flow capability

750 RWHP on E60 is a very common number with LT4 fuel system parts and JMS, but the little blower won't support it.
Old 11-30-2020, 01:18 PM   #77
Ebbsnflows

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Thank you for your interest in this package.

What you are not seeing is the space the shaft takes up is greater than the bore loss.

So even with a 88 mm opening we still see gains from the 95 mm blade.

The cars are currently pretty consistent since they are still all relatively low mileage We see fuel pressure drop any time we add E- even on stock ZL-1

I recommend the JMS for any build beyond stock do not OMIT.

This package is safe to 670 RWHP on E-60, beyond either we see fuel pressure start to fall.

Ted.
Thanks for the response Ted.

So it seems that since the majority of the LT5's benefit is derived from the improved blade/shaft cross-section, the 95mm-to-87mm adapter is probably the better choice. At least it provides a smoother transition (to an unported snout) and will help minimize turbulence/air disruption.

...and I fully intend to install the JMS booster - I was just trying to assign it a horsepower value (if that was possible). Thanks again!
Old 11-30-2020, 01:22 PM   #78
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbsnflows View Post
Thanks for the response Ted.

So it seems that since the majority of the LT5's benefit is derived from the improved blade/shaft cross-section, the 95mm-to-87mm adapter is probably the better choice. At least it provides a smoother transition (to an unported snout) and will help minimize turbulence/air disruption.

...and I fully intend to install the JMS booster - I was just trying to assign it a horsepower value (if that was possible). Thanks again!
10 RWHP on my car seen in the development video on our facebook page linked above.

I have plenty of 95mm conversion kits in stock take advantage of our Black Friday sale ending today.
Old 11-30-2020, 02:59 PM   #79
Ebbsnflows

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post

....take advantage of our Black Friday sale ending today.
Believe me...you've gotten into my wallet multiple times already this weekend.

...and in January, when I install everything (and will be ready for a tune) I'll be giving you even more $$.
Old 11-30-2020, 03:32 PM   #80
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Thanks for the Black Friday discount promotion. Got my kit ordered today. Can’t wait to get it installed and get the extra power out on the track.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:06 AM   #81
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
Thanks for the Black Friday discount promotion. Got my kit ordered today. Can’t wait to get it installed and get the extra power out on the track.
Thank you for your order, you are going to love it.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:22 PM   #82
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Bumping this thread. Got a baseline dyno, installed flex fuel kit, AF gauge for logging and finished JMS Booster install today. Will be contacting JRE on Monday to get the ball rolling on the tune. Can’t wait for the after dyno and track days to see the gains.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 07:40 AM   #83
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
Bumping this thread. Got a baseline dyno, installed flex fuel kit, AF gauge for logging and finished JMS Booster install today. Will be contacting JRE on Monday to get the ball rolling on the tune. Can’t wait for the after dyno and track days to see the gains.
Great thank you and looking forward to getting your tuning session going.

Ted.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:04 AM   #84
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Ted, Do your tunes include VVE tuning or just MAF?

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote