Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 08-15-2018, 09:49 AM   #491
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN357 View Post
Looks pretty cool, BUT I want to remind everyone about GM's debacle with the Fiero. I had an 87 GT and it was a great car, but my sister had an 84 that was riddled with problems. GM took their sweet time getting the issues worked out with them and my sister had to threaten GM with a law suit in order to get a new engine when it blew up. Even after they put the Iron Duke in it, it still never ran right. GM is notorious for putting something out in the market place without testing it.

I mean we could go all day reminding everyone of old crappy GM products that have absolutely nothing to do with current or upcoming ones...
Old 08-15-2018, 10:36 AM   #492
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Looks pretty cool, BUT I want to remind everyone about GM's debacle with the Fiero. I had an 87 GT and it was a great car, but my sister had an 84 that was riddled with problems. GM took their sweet time getting the issues worked out with them and my sister had to threaten GM with a law suit in order to get a new engine when it blew up. Even after they put the Iron Duke in it, it still never ran right. GM is notorious for putting something out in the market place without testing it.
Apples & Oranges!

GM has been testing this C8 for over 2 years
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:41 AM   #493
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
What he said ^

It might spank the GT, but it will never have that "it factor" that the GT has
I think the GT is massively over rated. At least GM is building the car. Many of the famous Fords weren’t even built by Ford. The GT and Shelby’s were not Ford products. The Corvette has been dominating factory racing for years now.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:02 AM   #494
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:

Do you really think that the Current GM would do that?
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:13 AM   #495
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I think the GT is massively over rated. At least GM is building the car. Many of the famous Fords weren’t even built by Ford. The GT and Shelby’s were not Ford products. The Corvette has been dominating factory racing for years now.
That's true and a fair point. Still doesn't stop them from having that it factor though.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:44 AM   #496
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Aside from it being the same company ... what does your sisters experience with a lemon from 3 and a half decades ago have to do with anything? There are engineers working on the mid-engined program that were not even born when the Fiero was going through development.

Do you honestly think that GM is still using the exact same R&D procedures that they used in the early 80s? That there hasn't been any innovation or improvement to the systems established in that time? That they haven't learned a single thing since then?

Cars are the most complicated things that get mass produced. Job 1 will not be perfect. But that is an impossible standard to reach for any car. You can build a test fleet of a thousand cars for every model made. Test them on the open road and at the proving grounds for years, fixing every problem that comes up. But, aside from some limited production models, in the first year of production customers will put vastly more miles on their cars than all the development engineers ever could. And with more time, more miles, more scenarios encountered, the more problems you will find. Its inevitable.

But with every car built, new things get learned. And I mean that on the small scale, as cars roll down the assembly line, and on the big scale of a company that has built hundreds of different models over more than a century. Engineers dedicate their life to improving things. Its what draws them to the field in the first place.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 03:13 PM   #497
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
That’s why you never buy the first year of any car. But to be fair, GM screwed up the 2010 Camaro after having years and years to launch. In the complaints thread, most of the bitching is by 2010 owners. Most of those issues were changed by 2012/2013. No power passenger seat? C’mon.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 03:38 PM   #498
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
On a side note, does anyone here have a picture of an early test mule? I thought it was a Malibu or something of the sort. Looked very very homegrown with the back all jacked up, different color rear bumper, and some hokey tail lights and vette badging.

nm, found it.
https://carbuzz.com/news/what-the-he...-zr1-test-mule
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:51 PM   #499
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
On a side note, does anyone here have a picture of an early test mule? I thought it was a Malibu or something of the sort. Looked very very homegrown with the back all jacked up, different color rear bumper, and some hokey tail lights and vette badging.

nm, found it.
Ok that's really bizarre...
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:58 AM   #500
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post

nm, found it.
LOLOLOL the photographer WAAAAAY over thought that picture. I bet that publication paid him too, dont they feel dumb now.
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 02:43 PM   #501
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
GM trademarked 'Zora' in 9 countries (and EU):

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...ound-the-world

not sure if this has been posted here yet
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 02:49 PM   #502
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
I got to meet Zora Arkus Duntov a couple times when he was alive. Fitting that this car will be named after him!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 04:32 PM   #503
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
sooo....will it be a Corvette Zora, or just a Zora?

I think it's better to go new model altogether.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:30 AM   #504
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
sooo....will it be a Corvette Zora, or just a Zora?

I think it's better to go new model altogether.
I think it all depends. If they will no longer be producing front engine vettes, then I think they have to call it a corvette. If they are going to continue producing front engine vettes, then I agree spin it off as a new model
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote