Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Z/28 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-15-2018, 10:27 AM   #155
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010REDSS View Post
Team Camaro really, really needs to look at the weight issue for our "Top Dog Track Camaro".

The ONLY thing wrong with the ZL1 1LE is that it's 400lbs too heavy.

Strip it down, lighten it up, track only "variant" and call it a Z/28. The LT4 is so damn good.....I don't know why Al or anyone else thinks it must be NA. I've driven the piss out of this car for over 2,500 track miles, shifting right at redline and it just laughs and asks for more. I can't even get it to 210 degrees on the temps in 25min sessions. It is a spectacular car. Just too heavy to be the best track Camaro.

Literally every event I'm at at least one Voodoo GT350 grenades. Seriously. Complete fail. Don't even think about FPC....

On the big fast tracks where the weight penalty is over come with HP....this car can keep up with nearly anything (Porsche Cup cars and ZR1's excepted). The weight is a problem on the shorter technical tracks which drives me batshit that I can't catch cars that I'm passing all day long at RoadAmerica.

Take the weight out (really do the "if it isn't required by law or makes it go faster we left it out") - call it a Z/28 and I'll drive to Becky's door the next day and stand in line until mine gets delivered.
Will be a long line,
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:28 AM   #156
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
If Chevy thinks the Z/28 no longer HAS to be N/A, I would love to see a stripped down track setup car with the LT5. Tell me that wouldn't go fast around a track.

History suggests that the LT5 will be ZR1 exclusive, but Chevy has said they don't protect the Corvette anymore. They could do a tamer version of the LT5 and call it an LT6 or something (like they did with the LS9 and LSA engines).

But, if they did go all 600HP 5.5L FPC DOHC (like the rumors are suggesting), it would definitely save some more weight. Either way, I would LOVE for there to be a 6th Gen Z/28! I'm sure Chevy will do it right!
No FPC IMO.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:55 AM   #157
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Quote:
Team Camaro really, really needs to look at the weight issue for our "Top Dog Track Camaro".

The ONLY thing wrong with the ZL1 1LE is that it's 400lbs too heavy.

Strip it down, lighten it up, track only "variant" and call it a Z/28. The LT4 is so damn good.....I don't know why Al or anyone else thinks it must be NA. I've driven the piss out of this car for over 2,500 track miles, shifting right at redline and it just laughs and asks for more. I can't even get it to 210 degrees on the temps in 25min sessions. It is a spectacular car. Just too heavy to be the best track Camaro.

Literally every event I'm at at least one Voodoo GT350 grenades. Seriously. Complete fail. Don't even think about FPC....

On the big fast tracks where the weight penalty is over come with HP....this car can keep up with nearly anything (Porsche Cup cars and ZR1's excepted). The weight is a problem on the shorter technical tracks which drives me batshit that I can't catch cars that I'm passing all day long at RoadAmerica.

Take the weight out (really do the "if it isn't required by law or makes it go faster we left it out") - call it a Z/28 and I'll drive to Becky's door the next day and stand in line until mine gets delivered.
In the 6th gen only way to lose 400lb is to remove the SC on top, that with all the inner coolers and lines is 100+ lb then the CCB is is good for 40 lb add CCW and lose 20 LB, from there it gets harder, but i think they can bring down the weight by 250 LB and still be sold at dealers lots.

We can do more after the car is in our hands, remove back seat lighter seat and so on.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:20 AM   #158
2010REDSS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Will be a long line,
Yep! But I'll be second right behind you! We can share a tent! And I think Becky would feed us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
In the 6th gen only way to lose 400lb is to remove the SC on top, that with all the inner coolers and lines is 100+ lb then the CCB is is good for 40 lb add CCW and lose 20 LB, from there it gets harder, but i think they can bring down the weight by 250 LB and still be sold at dealers lots.

We can do more after the car is in our hands, remove back seat lighter seat and so on.
Yes, 400lbs from the factory might be optimistic....but if they delivered it 250lbs lighter we could get the rest in the shop.

Honestly, Ofer, I'm thinking about some major work this winter on the ZLE. Considering buying some OEM doors in Hot Rod Red (maybe off a wrecked car?) completely stripping out all the glass, motors, electronics, everything but the skins. Thoughts on how many lbs that might be? Lexan windshield? CCB kit? What else is there?

This car at 3,600lbs (and 750hp at the crank with a few modest mods) would be really quick.

Must.......go.......faster.......

2018 ZL1 1LE "RAZECAR"
2016 2SS Convertible "NOTOPSS" (Sold)
2015 Z/28 #306 "ITZFAST"
2010 2SS Coupe "FASSTER" (Sold)
2002 SS/RS "02FASST" (Sold)
2007 Factory Five Racing GTM "REDBLUR" (Sold)

"There are two kinds of cars. Red....and everything else!"
2010REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:56 AM   #159
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Quote:
Yep! But I'll be second right behind you! We can share a tent! And I think Becky would feed us!

Yes, 400lbs from the factory might be optimistic....but if they delivered it 250lbs lighter we could get the rest in the shop.

Honestly, Ofer, I'm thinking about some major work this winter on the ZLE. Considering buying some OEM doors in Hot Rod Red (maybe off a wrecked car?) completely stripping out all the glass, motors, electronics, everything but the skins. Thoughts on how many lbs that might be? Lexan windshield? CCB kit? What else is there?

This car at 3,600lbs (and 750hp at the crank with a few modest mods) would be really quick.

LOL i will buy the hamburgers, glad you like the car so much, i am saving up for the next one, LOL be ready, time is getting close, the C8 will hit the air waves in the next 120 days, and then its our turn i hope to see the next Camaro supper car in 7-9 months and come out as a 2020, and it has to be the Z/28 or this will be the first gen with out that model in the line up, dont think gm will do that do you?

Soon i can get back to the track first race is September 22-23 2 days of fun.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:59 PM   #160
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:

All of that sounds like a pretty good starting point, maybe some CF parts from Anderson? They have doors, trunk and full ZL1 hood, I'm sure that would be some significant weight right there, but if you want to keep the body color I would understand that.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:20 PM   #161
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
Quote:

The problem with it is that, it actually WONT, be a long line...it will be a short line which means building a car for a super small amount of people. That is costly. Believe me, I would be in line right behind both of you, but the wait list would be very short. There was LOTS of 'omg take my money' back in 2014, until they got what the asked for an expensive de-contented car.
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 04:55 PM   #162
Squatch
Camaro pilot

Drives: 69 Camaro, 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
I always though the 2010-2013 Camaro looked like a Cheshire Cat after a Bong hit from the rear.
HAHA! I agree the 2014-15 tail lights look way better.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:24 AM   #163
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
I am quite a bit lighter than a ZL/1 and with over 700hp at the crank of my Z/28, the weight to hp ratio is perfect IMO. I have no desire for anything more.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:55 AM   #164
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970judge View Post
The problem with it is that, it actually WONT, be a long line...it will be a short line which means building a car for a super small amount of people. That is costly. Believe me, I would be in line right behind both of you, but the wait list would be very short. There was LOTS of 'omg take my money' back in 2014, until they got what the asked for an expensive de-contented car.
This ^
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:52 AM   #165
2010REDSS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin15 View Post
I am quite a bit lighter than a ZL/1 and with over 700hp at the crank of my Z/28, the weight to hp ratio is perfect IMO. I have no desire for anything more.
Awesome Z/28. I'm never selling mine.....gives me permagrin every time I drive it.

So, what's it weigh if it is "quite a bit lighter"? Would like to know.

I'm now researching carbon fiber pieces and trying to see just what is possible for a ZL1 1LE diet plan.

2018 ZL1 1LE "RAZECAR"
2016 2SS Convertible "NOTOPSS" (Sold)
2015 Z/28 #306 "ITZFAST"
2010 2SS Coupe "FASSTER" (Sold)
2002 SS/RS "02FASST" (Sold)
2007 Factory Five Racing GTM "REDBLUR" (Sold)

"There are two kinds of cars. Red....and everything else!"
2010REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 07:42 PM   #166
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
To reiterate When I spoke to Al directly at camarofest , he did mention that the z-28 HAD ALWAYS BEEN Naturally ASPIRATED, to which I replied , well Al nothing is ever set in stone he thought for a minute , nodded and said you know you might have a point . I dont care what z/28 purists think . If you put a 755 HP camaro on the lot PEOPLE WILL CERTAINLY Buy that bad ass beast !! The Z06 was always naturally aspirated until the c7 Z06 came out , so like I said NOTHING IS SET IN STONE. 2020 is my prediction on release date , cost 80-100 grand range possibly .
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 08:25 PM   #167
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenfive View Post
To reiterate When I spoke to Al directly at camarofest , he did mention that the z-28 HAD ALWAYS BEEN Naturally ASPIRATED, to which I replied , well Al nothing is ever set in stone he thought for a minute , nodded and said you know you might have a point . I dont care what z/28 purists think . If you put a 755 HP camaro on the lot PEOPLE WILL CERTAINLY Buy that bad ass beast !! The Z06 was always naturally aspirated until the c7 Z06 came out , so like I said NOTHING IS SET IN STONE. 2020 is my prediction on release date , cost 80-100 grand range possibly .
Put me on the list. And I don’t care what they call it. Demonslayer
Trans damm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:27 AM   #168
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenfive View Post
That is true, but IIRC Team Corvette never made a big deal out of the Z06 being NA like team Camaro did. Also the Corvette team did try to go NA, they could make the power they wanted but it was not going to pass emissions so they had to go FI.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote