Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 08-14-2018, 12:56 PM   #155
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
The off road stuff did surprise me a little too, but sounds like that is because of the tires
I think having 305's up front don't help in that department, but when they say:

Quote:
In the Mustang, on the other hand, a majority of the staff complained about the unsettled chassis (in Sport+ or Track). Unlike on a flat race track, the imperfect back road caused constant vertical motions so that it never felt settled and stable at any given moment. Somewhat counterintuitively, the fixed-ratio steering also earned a demerit here, with "very little on-center or mid-corner feel."
That's suspension tuning. It's not like they were dealing with traditional fluid/gas dampers. They have MRC to play with... They have electronic steering to play with...
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:28 PM   #156
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
I think having 305's up front don't help in that department, but when they say:

That's suspension tuning. It's not like they were dealing with traditional fluid/gas dampers. They have MRC to play with... They have electronic steering to play with...
If you continue reading that quote they also say this

"Most of that can be attributed to the Mustang GT PP2's tendency to nibble and tramline on cracks, seams, road crowns, and grooved highways. We've noted similar aberrant behavior from another Ford with 305-section R-compound front tires (the Shelby GT350R), as well as the 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28. "

At least the way I am reading it is MT seemed to think it was the tires. But I wouldn't be shocked if it was the suspension tuning as well
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(

Last edited by shaffe; 08-14-2018 at 02:38 PM.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:34 PM   #157
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
All I read was Camaro 4, Mustang 1.
Camaro cheaper as tested, and lighter than a Mustang.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:07 PM   #158
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
If you continue reading that quote they also say this

"Most of that can be attributed to the Mustang GT PP2's tendency to nibble and tramline on cracks, seams, road crowns, and grooved highways. We've noted similar aberrant behavior from another Ford with 305-section R-compound front tires (the Shelby GT350R), as well as the 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28. "

At least the way I am reading it is MT seemed to think it was the tires. But I wouldn't be shocked if it was the suspension tuning as well
Yes, I read everything. The tramlining is 100% the tire size and possibly wheel size/scrub. And the tire stiffness likely added something, too. But theres a lot of the oscillation (“verical motions”) and unsettled car that can be dealt with in MRC and electronic steering...

Not trying to be a dick...

Last edited by Mountain; 08-14-2018 at 03:25 PM.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 07:32 PM   #159
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
It's for the old guys that remember the movie with the best car chase scenes of the day.
I'm old and love the movie. but I still dont get the tribute car. It's pretty boring and is for a very select buyer who really really likes the movie. Lol
Old 08-14-2018, 07:34 PM   #160
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Although one of the biggest proponents of it is a really young guy. He's got a pretty nice YouTube channel that I subscribe to. He used to go by subaruwrxfan and had a different dark green Mustang at some point in the past. Does some really nice drive reviews, too. Including a couple really nice SS and 1LE reviews.

His review of differences between his Bullitt and other 2019 'Stangs.

His 2016 Camaro SS auto & manual review
Yeah, I watch that guy. Hes a member over on the mustang forum. His 1LE review sold me on wanting a 1LE when I was in the market for a Mustang. Lol
Old 08-14-2018, 07:55 PM   #161
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
All I read was Camaro 4, Mustang 1.
Camaro cheaper as tested, and lighter than a Mustang.
And still faster in every respect
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 07:25 AM   #162
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
Problem with not making PP1 or 2 for that matter as a track car is that you're already creeping on the Shelby market and Ford won't do that.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 08:45 AM   #163
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
Yes, I read everything. The tramlining is 100% the tire size and possibly wheel size/scrub. And the tire stiffness likely added something, too. But theres a lot of the oscillation (“verical motions”) and unsettled car that can be dealt with in MRC and electronic steering...

Not trying to be a dick...
I'm not trying to be a dick either lol. It's just the first quote you posted, literalyl the next couple of sentences in the article MT says those issue are primarily caused by the tires lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 02:13 PM   #164
Silverwing

Drives: Yellow 2018 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
And still faster in every respect
Except it's not unless your plan is to hero run and overheat on the 3rd lap. lol
Silverwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 02:51 PM   #165
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwing View Post
Except it's not unless your plan is to hero run and overheat on the 3rd lap. lol
Perhaps i should have been more clear: 1le is a faster car in every respect. When comparing laptimes i only take Randy's results as official.
Besides, comparing on track performance of a car that cant last a full stint is meaningless, as it is not a track car, but rather a bragging rights, cars and coffee car created not by enthusiasts, but rather accountants and marketing staff.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 04:00 PM   #166
BrianF

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
My Focus RS has some of the same issues. It would over heat it's rear diff and go into FWD drive mode. Apparently the only thing reviewers seemed to care about was playin around in drift mode destroying tires instead of see if it could actually complete 3 laps with out overheating.

This was another example of a track/not track Ford car.
BrianF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 04:21 PM   #167
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Perhaps i should have been more clear: 1le is a faster car in every respect. When comparing laptimes i only take Randy's results as official.
Besides, comparing on track performance of a car that cant last a full stint is meaningless, as it is not a track car, but rather a bragging rights, cars and coffee car created not by enthusiasts, but rather accountants and marketing staff.

Mustang.
A car aimed at the lawn chair enthusiast.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:45 PM   #168
AZ_1LE

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianF View Post
My Focus RS has some of the same issues. It would over heat it's rear diff and go into FWD drive mode. Apparently the only thing reviewers seemed to care about was playin around in drift mode destroying tires instead of see if it could actually complete 3 laps with out overheating.

This was another example of a track/not track Ford car.
A good buddy of mine has had 2 GT350's (one with the track pack, one without) and a Focus RS. They've all over-heated after only a few minutes on track for one reason or another, and he's sold them all out of frustration.

The first GT350 was the non-track pack version and the transmission would over-heat and put the car into limp mode after around 10-12 minutes.

The second one with the track pack (extra coolers) overheated the engine and the transmission and again would put the car in limp mode.

Focus RS did the same as yours - over-heated the rear diff and send all power to the front wheels.

Guess who was participating in the same track days with his 1LE and never had a problem?
AZ_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote