Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-29-2018, 06:15 PM   #57
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero_Camaro View Post
There are soo many factors to pick from when it comes to an exhaust system part of it has to be the 304 vs 409 of course, if you're using the car for a couple of years and then sell it the 409 will be fine overtime the 409 might get rusty, but if you're using the car for 10 years+ you should get the 304 like I said its a matter of preference, I believe you can avoid rust on your flowmaster by coating a layer of anti-rust increasing its lifespan in terms of durability...I'm not an exhaust expert flowmaster and borla (Which was the GM exhaust substitute) were the choices that I had to pick out of, Flowmaster is a great and loud exhaust overall but in terms of steel quality Borla is better
The Flowmasters come painted black, so I'm assuming it's some sort of added rust protectant. I also added another few coats of VHT FlameProof paint.
I'm old school and absolutely love the growl of a V8 (nothing like it), so my plan is to keep the car for about 3 years and trade it in for an SS 1LE.
SSShark is online now   Reply With Quote