Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-08-2018, 10:39 PM   #15
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Agreed, i don’t want a “vintage” car, I do think the hood vents look cheap, that and the SS wing are why I did not buy an SS. I did not need the V8, I’ve had one before. It was nice but I don’t need it again. I also like a clean look and debadged the whole car, I do like vents, just not the chev ones, so I added hexvents. I am just a proponent of large wheels, thinner sidewall. It’s really on what’s every high-end sports car these days, I’m not interested in trying to look retro.

By the way, I had a 13 SS/RS and made the huge $3000 mistake and added 22” wheels. Really looked bad... and boy racer....never again.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:54 AM   #16
DetCam

Drives: 2016 1SS (12/10/2016)
OP, got with what you like. At first I "didn't mind" the sidewall proportions of my 18" snow tires on my 1SS... then I grew to love the look of them. (Just not the look of the aggressive tread). I've often considered what a properly sized set of staggered 18" wheels would look like. The sizes recommended a couple of posts up sound pretty good actually.

The guys at PK or MMR seem to respond well to inquiries on this thread. Try pinging one of them...

Or just head on over to your local Discount Tire. (They are everywhere here in Detroit, and saw that they have a handful of stores there in Washington). When these cars first came out and there were NO specs released yet for what to do for a winter setup, they were willing to test fit a few things on my car until I found something that worked. Even gave me a good price.

I spent a decent amount of time with them talking different sizes and availability when I was considering moving to a 19" square setup... which I never did.

Just be careful of the wheel weights mounted inside the rim at full steering lock with 18s... I bought my winter wheels and ran them for over two years and never had a problem. All of a sudden people on the forums mentioned clicking at full lock... so I tried it, sure enough, mine hit a bit... but it took me till my 3rd winter to even notice the problem.
DetCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:00 AM   #17
PetrolheadRick

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP3BOOSTED View Post
i believe you can go an inch lower on the 1ss, on my 1le i'm restricted to 17s in rear and 18s in front. but that's my drag pack, i guess it all depends on what you are looking for. if you want as a daily driver i mean just find a rim you like and go from there, contact to see if fitment works on your car and so forth. for example my rear tires are 305x35r20 but if i got an 18 i'd just do 305x35r18 or actually for more sidewall i'd do 305x45r18 so it all depends again what your looking for.
What offset are you running? I’m looking into a set of TE37s.
PetrolheadRick is offline   Reply With Quote