Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
rtg

Drives: 2013 ZL1
At least I caught him....

So I park the ZL1 away from other cars and some jack hole in a Ford F150 has to park next to it. Sure enough he puts his door into my drivers side door.

I follow him into a sandwich shop and let him know he hit the ZL1. He responds, "I did?". I said, "Yeah, you can tell by the red paint on your door..." His truck was black.

Not a big mark and no bent metal but its the principle of the act. So at least I got his insurance info.

Why is it that no one respects other peoples property any more?

Rob
Old 10-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtg View Post

Rob
because cars are just cars to most people. that's why...

then u have people like me that take care of our cars as if they were a child. I work very hard to be able to afford my Z. I guess that's the main reason why I'm so damn protective of my $60K car.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Funny how luck works, my 2010 I had for 3 years and not a single dent. I get the 1LE and the second day of owning it I get a ding.

Sucks ball$...
Old 10-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
#737 ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtg View Post
So I park the ZL1 away from other cars and some jack hole in a Ford F150 has to park next to it. Sure enough he puts his door into my drivers side door.

I follow him into a sandwich shop and let him know he hit the ZL1. He responds, "I did?". I said, "Yeah, you can tell by the red paint on your door..." His truck was black.

Not a big mark and no bent metal but its the principle of the act. So at least I got his insurance info.

Rob
Its sad when folks do crap like that.
We just bought my daughter a 2SS convert and as I'm just finishing up with the salesman at the dealer, a lady and her husband pull up next to it wails the pass side door with hers. Want to talk about a scene, almost 2 families going at it on the dealers lot LOL.
The dealer had a company come out and take the dent out with no body or paint work, these fellows work wonders on crap like that.
#737 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #5
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
that's the thing. a lot of these accidents could easily be avoided if people just thought with their heads and not with their right shoe. it's pretty simple. you park next to someone and you open your car door SLOWLY to make sure your door doesn't come in to contact with anything else.

then again, I am requesting common sense from the general public which I know is asking for way too much.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #6
boondocksaint
Cartoon Maus

Drives: White ZL1, Chevroyota Prizolla
Falcon Punch.

Solves this, too.
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #7
DJ-Silver 2SS
Ah DJ-IOM ZL1 haha

Drives: 13 IOM ZL1 M6 & 10 SIM 2SS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-Silver 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianmotox View Post
Funny how luck works, my 2010 I had for 3 years and not a single dent. I get the 1LE and the second day of owning it I get a ding.

Sucks ball$...
Ok, so I'm not the only one... Same with my 2SS and ZL1.... The right side of the ZL1 has 4 door dents already.
2013 IOM ZL1 #002415 Born 09/13/12
2010 SIM 2SS/RS #005549 Born 05/02/09
DJ-Silver 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:43 PM   #8
AMMUSCLE

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VERT M6
So true, to most people their cars are just a means of transportation and they do not care.

To the car enthusiast, they are an extension of their passion, their hard work, their personal property.

It is your personal property out in the public. Good luck, take the defensive side and park as safe as possible.

Many years ago I was at a Home depot and I had a trailer full of 16' lumber and the lot was cramped, I made a turn and just put a small scratch on a old but beautiful Cadi. I stopped and showed my children this is what you do. I went inside and told the store to page this owner. I apologized with deep regret and showed the owner. I handed him my insurance info. He said no it was ok. I then gave him $280.00 in cash, what I had on me. He handed it back to me and said no. He told me, thank you for coming to get him and that he would have it buffed out and it was ok. I was truly taken back by his attitude and he was grateful for my honesty and example I set for my children.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:49 PM   #9
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
glad one of these ignorant idiots finally got caught
Old 10-03-2013, 12:15 AM   #10
Hot Tamales

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red M6
Good for you! I would've pee'd on his sandwich, too.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:37 AM   #11
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
In Michigan, because of No-Fault, any accidents in a parking lot are left to your insurance to cover. Guys can beat the crap out of the side of your car and walk away. You can file suit to recover your deductible in small claims court.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:03 AM   #12
t&t moyer
It's all hers.

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
then again, I am requesting common sense from the general public which I know is asking for way too much.
^^ Yeah exactly, common sense, good luck with that.......
t&t moyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:20 AM   #13
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMMUSCLE View Post
So true, to most people their cars are just a means of transportation and they do not care.

To the car enthusiast, they are an extension of their passion, their hard work, their personal property.

It is your personal property out in the public. Good luck, take the defensive side and park as safe as possible.

Many years ago I was at a Home depot and I had a trailer full of 16' lumber and the lot was cramped, I made a turn and just put a small scratch on a old but beautiful Cadi. I stopped and showed my children this is what you do. I went inside and told the store to page this owner. I apologized with deep regret and showed the owner. I handed him my insurance info. He said no it was ok. I then gave him $280.00 in cash, what I had on me. He handed it back to me and said no. He told me, thank you for coming to get him and that he would have it buffed out and it was ok. I was truly taken back by his attitude and he was grateful for my honesty and example I set for my children.
because

That's what good deeds get you. I'm so surprised when ppl are honest these days because sadly most aren't these days. I guess that should be put into cost of ownership of the ZL1, since it seems like those are the ones being targeted.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:23 AM   #14
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa

People that have no consideration for other people's property should listen to a wise Jedi...

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote