Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

View Poll Results: To 1LE or not to 1LE
I bought a 1LE and sorta wish I had bought a non-1LE 4 14.29%
I bought a non-1LE and sorta wish I had bought a 1LE 24 85.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2019, 10:48 AM   #57
End User

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE, 2012 GLI M6
SS 1LE
ZL1 (manual)
ZL1 1LE

No point in getting anything else in the Camaro lineup.

Just say no to automatics and Active Rev Match. Yes to heel-and-toe.

And yes, track it!
End User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 11:01 AM   #58
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by End User View Post
My daily is a 2012 GLI but my 2SS 1LE is driven to work on sunny days. I switch my 1LE into tour mode on bumpy roads and it does just fine. I have no issues in bumper to bumper traffic as the 1LE handles it easily. I can trundle along at 8-12 km/h all day long. I just leave space so I don't have to brake as much. No different that driving the GLI.
Easy to say when you’re lucky enough to have a second car. Lol Like most ppl, at first, my SS was the daily and the taller sidewall front tire on the ss makes a more comfortable ride and protects the wheel on potholes(I run a 1LE/ZL1 height tire now so I have back to back comparison) I don’t like scraping so the SS is a tad taller. I have magride. No complaints. Sometimes I wish I had the a10 tho. If you’re packing on the miles the SS has cheaper tires(firehawks look awesome for the money). The only thing I feel I don’t have is the ediff. Later on you can always do wheels and tires and the 1LE springs/bars if you find you need more on the track.

Last edited by 6spdhyperblue; 09-23-2019 at 12:26 PM.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 11:49 AM   #59
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
Easy to say when you’re lucky enough to have a second car. Lol Like most ppl at first my SS was the daily and taller sidewall front tire on the ss makes a more comfortable ride and protects the wheel on potholes(I run a 1LE/ZL1 height tire now so I have back to back comparison here. I don’t like scraping so the SS is a tad taller. I have magride. No complaints. Sometimes I wish I had the a10 tho. If you’re packing on the miles the SS has cheaper tires. The only thing I feel I don’t have is the ediff. Later on you can always do wheels and tires and the 1LE springs/bars if you find you need more on the track.
Also - aftermarket should have something available soon - Koni double yellow I'm hoping.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 06:56 PM   #60
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
The 1le package is a way for GM to sell you $3000 worth of suspension parts only 2% of the drivers who buy this car will use or know its there....That's the truth.
The truth behind that 2% number is that it came from fbodfather as the percentage of Camaro buyers that the 5th gen 1LE was targeted toward. A car more hardcore about corner-carving than the other 98% would actively choose.

That's not the same thing as 2% being the number of actual 1LE buyers knowing what they got; I suspect that a clear (if not overwhelming) majority of 1LE buyers knew at purchase time that they were getting a car with much better road course credibility than they'd have had in a 'regular SS' (and more recently in non-1LE sixxer and turbo-4 trims).

Norm