Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-23-2020, 12:14 PM   #1
ZLE dude

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE
JRE 125 rwhp Flex Fuel package with CSP 2" catless headers

First off, the title says it all. I installed the Jannetty Racing 125 RWHP Flex Fuel package on my car over the weekend, with the only change being I used the CSP catless headers instead of the Kooks headers/cats that the kit would normally come with. I had already purchased the headers during the Labor Day sale from CSP (Complete Street Performance) and then decided I should throw some E85 at it so I went ahead and ordered the kit from Ted. I'll also say that Ted has been awesome to deal with thus far, so I'd certainly recommend him to anyone that is thinking about doing remote tuning.

Now lets talk about the headers. I've installed headers on a few different vehicles, and it's normally a headache that I always regret after getting about halfway into it. Luckily, this time that wasn't the case. These CSP 2" headers fit like a GLOVE. A loose, comfy, sloppy fitted knit glove. All I did was pull the aluminum skid plate off, removed the steering shaft, and these things slid right into place (from the bottom) just like the video on youtube. I was AMAZED!!! My biggest issue (because I was working by myself) was keeping them from falling right back out and onto the floor. These get a 10/10 for fit/finish. I'm more than thrilled about how they turned out. Also, while on the subject of headers, my stock exhaust manifolds had 3 loose bolts (2 in center of driver side, 1 in center of passenger side) and were evidently leaking on the driver side as noticed in the pic of the stock gasket. The bolts weren't backed out, but when I went to put the ratchet wrench on them, the weight of the wrench caused them to turn without any force...

As for the Jannetty Racing flex fuel kit and remote tune, everything was in the kit that was needed, it was packaged up nice, and between the instructions it came with and the posts on here for installing the JMS voltage booster and setting it up, I managed to get everything installed over the weekend without a hitch. I'm currently going back and forth with Ted flashing tune updates and sending him logs and within a couple days should have the car dialed in.

If you've got questions about anything, just ask. I did plenty of searching on this forum and on youtube before I jumped in, but it all worked out and I'm very happy with the results thus far. I won't be putting it on a dyno anytime soon, so if you want numbers, just watch Ted's videos for the flex fuel setup. All of these cars he's done seem to fall within 5hp of each other so 675 at the wheel should be about where it's at with E60.
Attached Images

2018 ZL1 1LE - Summit White, PDR, Rotofab CAI, 95mm TB, CSP 2" catless LT's, JMS Voltage Booster, AEM X-series WB, DSX flex fuel sensor, Banks Data Monster, Tuned by Ted Jannetty, 5% Tint, Blackvue DR900S-2CH, Diode Dynamics lighting, IGL Kenzo ceramic coating
ZLE dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:53 PM   #2
Flowtie1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Very nice, I am currently doing the same package. Only difference I have the arh 17/8 with cats long system
Old 11-23-2020, 01:59 PM   #3
ZLE dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowtie1 View Post
Very nice, I am currently doing the same package. Only difference I have the arh 17/8 with cats long system
Good deal. The only thing I wish was different was the E85 sensor wire was a bit longer so I could have ran it around the back of the motor inside the loom I ran for the power wire for the wideband from inside the front fuse box. I had to come along side the engine and across the front which doesn't look as clean. I still put a black loom on it so it doesn't stand out, and I could have spliced it, but didn't feel like it. That's my only "issue" with the whole kit, which is my way of saying it was a very nice package that Ted put together. I'm a happy camper!
2018 ZL1 1LE - Summit White, PDR, Rotofab CAI, 95mm TB, CSP 2" catless LT's, JMS Voltage Booster, AEM X-series WB, DSX flex fuel sensor, Banks Data Monster, Tuned by Ted Jannetty, 5% Tint, Blackvue DR900S-2CH, Diode Dynamics lighting, IGL Kenzo ceramic coating
Old 11-23-2020, 06:46 PM   #4
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
I'm doing the same package from Ted just going to install the headers myself snice I wanted the 2" ARH long system sent them to get coated with Swaintech.
Attached Images

20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:46 PM   #5
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Nice job OP.

I’m in emissions hell Colorado and would like to try this package. I’m sticking with OEM headers and leaving primary cats and I’m deleting secondary cats (headers and green cats won’t pass here). Other mods are AWE catback, Soler ported TB and Rotofab dry. I’d like to see north of 625whp on e40 but I may be overly optimistic. Should still pass emissions running the corn.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:20 PM   #6
DrBlockHed

Drives: 18 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLE dude View Post
First off, the title says it all. I installed the Jannetty Racing 125 RWHP Flex Fuel package on my car over the weekend, with the only change being I used the CSP catless headers instead of the Kooks headers/cats that the kit would normally come with. I had already purchased the headers during the Labor Day sale from CSP (Complete Street Performance) and then decided I should throw some E85 at it so I went ahead and ordered the kit from Ted. I'll also say that Ted has been awesome to deal with thus far, so I'd certainly recommend him to anyone that is thinking about doing remote tuning.

Now lets talk about the headers. I've installed headers on a few different vehicles, and it's normally a headache that I always regret after getting about halfway into it. Luckily, this time that wasn't the case. These CSP 2" headers fit like a GLOVE. A loose, comfy, sloppy fitted knit glove. All I did was pull the aluminum skid plate off, removed the steering shaft, and these things slid right into place (from the bottom) just like the video on youtube. I was AMAZED!!! My biggest issue (because I was working by myself) was keeping them from falling right back out and onto the floor. These get a 10/10 for fit/finish. I'm more than thrilled about how they turned out. Also, while on the subject of headers, my stock exhaust manifolds had 3 loose bolts (2 in center of driver side, 1 in center of passenger side) and were evidently leaking on the driver side as noticed in the pic of the stock gasket. The bolts weren't backed out, but when I went to put the ratchet wrench on them, the weight of the wrench caused them to turn without any force...

As for the Jannetty Racing flex fuel kit and remote tune, everything was in the kit that was needed, it was packaged up nice, and between the instructions it came with and the posts on here for installing the JMS voltage booster and setting it up, I managed to get everything installed over the weekend without a hitch. I'm currently going back and forth with Ted flashing tune updates and sending him logs and within a couple days should have the car dialed in.

If you've got questions about anything, just ask. I did plenty of searching on this forum and on youtube before I jumped in, but it all worked out and I'm very happy with the results thus far. I won't be putting it on a dyno anytime soon, so if you want numbers, just watch Ted's videos for the flex fuel setup. All of these cars he's done seem to fall within 5hp of each other so 675 at the wheel should be about where it's at with E60.
I’m going to do headers and flex fuel, contemplating doing the headers myself. So with the CSP headers, it wasn’t all that bad? How does the car sound?
DrBlockHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:13 AM   #7
ZLE dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Bluezl1 View Post
I'm doing the same package from Ted just going to install the headers myself snice I wanted the 2" ARH long system sent them to get coated with Swaintech.
Nice looking headers right there! Good luck with the install!
Old 11-24-2020, 07:14 AM   #8
ZLE dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
Nice job OP.

I’m in emissions hell Colorado and would like to try this package. I’m sticking with OEM headers and leaving primary cats and I’m deleting secondary cats (headers and green cats won’t pass here). Other mods are AWE catback, Soler ported TB and Rotofab dry. I’d like to see north of 625whp on e40 but I may be overly optimistic. Should still pass emissions running the corn.
Totally understand the emissions issue. I've been lucky to never live in a state that required emissions testing.
Old 11-24-2020, 07:21 AM   #9
ZLE dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBlockHed View Post
I’m going to do headers and flex fuel, contemplating doing the headers myself. So with the CSP headers, it wasn’t all that bad? How does the car sound?
The header install was actually much easier than I expected. You just need a good floor jack and tall jack stands because you have to get the front up a decent amount to have room to put them in. But once you get the flange facing vertically they slide right up and in without any fighting, beating, hammering, swearing, etc....

The only bolt that is even slight a pain to get started is the front passenger side header bolt and that's only because there is a harness and hoses that are mounted to a bracket right on the corner of the motor. Unbolt the bracket and stuff moves around, it's just tight enough to be annoying. Every other bolt is easy peezy. A 10mm ratchet wrench is perfect to get to all but that front bolt.

I like the sound. With the NPP in tour mode, it still cruises nice and quiet, similar to what it sounded like in sport before. But when you have the valves open and hit the gas you will be waking people up. It's quite a bit louder now which I think is perfect. I can still start it in stealth mode and my wife doesn't even realize what I've done to it...
Old 11-24-2020, 01:48 PM   #10
Boomers18ZL1

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 6MT
Quote:

I am having my car built at CSP. I wanted to have them add a flex fuel package to the list but have changed so many things already I am leaving well enough alone. Should have car back next week. Do you know if Janetty would do a flex fuel install? My mechanical ability is limited and Janetty isn’t to far from me. Thanks for the info.
Boomers18ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 01:52 PM   #11
Flowtie1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Yes jannetty will do the install
Old 11-24-2020, 02:40 PM   #12
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Sounds like a great package.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:20 PM   #13
DrBlockHed

Drives: 18 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
The header install was actually much easier than I expected. You just need a good floor jack and tall jack stands because you have to get the front up a decent amount to have room to put them in. But once you get the flange facing vertically they slide right up and in without any fighting, beating, hammering, swearing, etc....

The only bolt that is even slight a pain to get started is the front passenger side header bolt and that's only because there is a harness and hoses that are mounted to a bracket right on the corner of the motor. Unbolt the bracket and stuff moves around, it's just tight enough to be annoying. Every other bolt is easy peezy. A 10mm ratchet wrench is perfect to get to all but that front bolt.

I like the sound. With the NPP in tour mode, it still cruises nice and quiet, similar to what it sounded like in sport before. But when you have the valves open and hit the gas you will be waking people up. It's quite a bit louder now which I think is perfect. I can still start it in stealth mode and my wife doesn't even realize what I've done to it...
My buddy has quick jacks, so I’m hoping this won’t be to brutal. I’ve never done headers but have done some odds and ends and swapped springs and shocks before.
DrBlockHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 10:35 PM   #14
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Bluezl1 View Post
Looks Nice..... I'm sure that'll help.
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote