Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-06-2018, 12:45 AM   #15
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
I have a feeling the redesign is only going to contribute to declining Camaro sales. I gotta give Dodge credit for gaining market share with a 9 or 10 year old design.

Challenger sales sucked 9 or 10 years ago when they came back out. Sales didn't pickup until they launched an aggressive ad campaign which paid off.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 01:03 AM   #16
NASTY_1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I don’t mind it.. the rarer the car the better =)
Old 10-06-2018, 01:05 AM   #17
Michael2000

Drives: .
I don't think the new SS styling is going to help for 2019.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 01:58 AM   #18
Deputy Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
I don't think the new SS styling is going to help for 2019.

Yeh...especially if they continue with their stupid No Ad campaign.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:01 AM   #19
YuryFur

Drives: 2018 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGTO View Post
I don't get it. I was a lifelong Mustang guy. Between my parents and me, we've owned four. The 6th gen Camaro is just a better car than Mustang or Dodge. It really isn't even close. 30,000 miles in our '18 SS and it's never made me regret my decision.
I had a mustang as a kid and while searching for a midlife crisis car test drove everything. The Camaro is without a doubt in my mind the best car in the class and also happens to be the best value.
YuryFur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 02:03 AM   #20
Deputy Dog
Banned

When I was a kid I had a bicycle forsale...for months I tried to sell it with no luck. I wondered why...then like a ton of bricks it hit me ...silly me ..I forgot to advertise it as being forsale. I stuck it in the Want Ad and sold it 3 days later. LOL...Chevy's stooopid.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:32 AM   #21
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Advertising won't do a damn thing for the Camaro. The Camaro is well known and everybody knows it's out there. And anything in terms of advertising would just be a short term tactical maneuver. The simple truth is there is just not as many people by muscle cars now and for some reason they're not buying the Camaro if they're gonna buy a muscle car. . The younger generations are just not buying and interested in......muscle cars.

And I don't know how you change the market so the Camaro sells better. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with the car, and any of the minor tweaks that they've made to the front or the back have nothing to do with the problem. I was in the corporate car business with BMW, Porsche, and Honda for 35 years, and saw every way possible for a mfr to sell cars, but in this case "the dogs don't like the dog food" as they say. And I'm not sure what the answer is. It is a shifting demographic and psychographic, that the Camaro just can't current capture in volume. Harley has the same exact problem.

Last edited by Glen e; 10-06-2018 at 08:42 AM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:22 AM   #22
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Everyone keeps saying that advertising is the issue. Well, I dont see Mustang ads of any kind out there, and they are the segment leader. Its simply sign of the times with car sales in general along with the fact the the other cars in the segment are appealing to more people. It just goes to show that building the best car doesnt always equal highest sells. You still need to build a car that people will want.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:30 AM   #23
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
When I got mine in Jun I didn't get any indication of a sales "problem" as they wouldn't budge an inch of MSRP but I did get a screaming deal on my trade though.

Camaro has a horrid for visibility which there are problems but having the seat up vs down (vertically) makes a difference for me. Those that drive these and you see half their head over the door sill, ya I bet you can't see shit out of it.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:56 AM   #24
Cmax

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS FIFTY convertible
I am curious about comparable sales of the higher end performance packages. How does the SS compare to GT and hellcats....
I think on the lower cost models Mustang is the cheapest, and dodge is the biggest looking sporty looking car, that can haul drywall in a pinch...lol
I think it would be a fun exercise to take each model, with each package, SS, ZL1, 4 cyl, 6 cyl....and determine performance for your buck...and do the same for the competitors.
Maybe the calculation could be to add Horsepower and torque, divided into the MSRP for that car.
I’m not sure if you could factor in other variables like 0-100-0 to put a value on the performance...
My guess is that Camaro at every level is the best value, based on performance variables.... then advertise THAT... not a JD powers award
Cmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:19 AM   #25
mdhopt36

Drives: '17- 1ag37 V6 traded, for 1SS 2018!
I'm 6 feet tall, and my head is fairly low to the door. Maybe instead of raising the height of the ceiling/cab, they could lower the door height a smidge? Be great if you could lay your arm on a door with the window down comfortably !

My gripe, GM still messing around with a turbo'd I4. Positively stupid.

And for buying another, I would go for the front end on a V6 RS before I sat in a '19 SS.
19 SS is a jack-o-lantern with no teeth. Hideous.
mdhopt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:36 AM   #26
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
When I got mine in Jun I didn't get any indication of a sales "problem" as they wouldn't budge an inch of MSRP but I did get a screaming deal on my trade though.

Camaro has a horrid for visibility which there are problems but having the seat up vs down (vertically) makes a difference for me. Those that drive these and you see half their head over the door sill, ya I bet you can't see shit out of it.
When I first got into the car I thought the small windows would be a dealbreaker, but I found with seat height and mirrors adjusted it's not too bad. Still not good but not liveable. Those who don't adjust seat and mirrors appropriately may decide it just won't work for them. Then there are those who just can't adapt to the car because sight angles.

It's more like a large BRZ/FRS, more like a sports car vs the competition. I love it but many won't want to live with it as a DD.
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:04 AM   #27
Deputy Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Advertising won't do a damn thing for the Camaro. The Camaro is well known and everybody knows it's out there. And anything in terms of advertising would just be a short term tactical maneuver. The simple truth is there is just not as many people by muscle cars now and for some reason they're not buying the Camaro if they're gonna buy a muscle car. . The younger generations are just not buying and interested in......muscle cars.

And I don't know how you change the market so the Camaro sells better. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with the car, and any of the minor tweaks that they've made to the front or the back have nothing to do with the problem. I was in the corporate car business with BMW, Porsche, and Honda for 35 years, and saw every way possible for a mfr to sell cars, but in this case "the dogs don't like the dog food" as they say. And I'm not sure what the answer is. It is a shifting demographic and psychographic, that the Camaro just can't current capture in volume. Harley has the same exact problem.

If its so well known how come I always have people ask me what it is?
Old 10-06-2018, 10:07 AM   #28
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
If its so well known how come I always have people ask me what it is?
because those that dont know what it is are not the norm.....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote