Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-12-2018, 05:38 PM   #239
Calvear0

Drives: Currently Looking for 2019 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Hi. I just wanted to affirm. I just took my SS on a 900 mile road trip between TX and Atlanta GA. While on the interstate, I felt my car shuddering when applying mild acceleration at speeds between 60 and 80 MPH. Feels alittle like running over rumble strips...alittle...is this the infamous torque shudder? I want to try to have it fixed before returning to Texas. Is there a TSB I can show my dealer? I know it's been hashed over endlessly and there probably is one it's just hard looking stuff up on this phone and I'm not near my PC in TX.

Thanks.
I'm sure is this one
#156-NA-175
Calvear0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:13 PM   #240
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPoop View Post
Welcome to the club.
Figured as much... So big question is, I'm staying in Atlanta for a month before I go back to Texas. I have dealers here I've worked with before. Should I bring my SS to them and see if I can get them to replicate the issue and try to have the flush done or just wait till the 2019 Fix?

How 'urgent' is it that I get it fixed given I'm guaranteed to put another 3,000 miles on the car before getting back to Texas?
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:06 PM   #241
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Plum Crazy Scat Pack Charger
The big fix we all have been waiting on turns out to be more of the same GM bullshit kick the can down the road screw the customer a little longer type deal. It is nothing but a more intense glorified flush. With that being said, get the first flush done, see what happens.
ChickenPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:12 AM   #242
18Hotwheels-SS

Drives: 2018 Hotwheels 2SS #117
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
This does not look promising to me...........
Got unofficial word today that the magical fix coming out in Q1 is supposed to be some kind of more intense flush. I hope my source is wrong.

I will be VERY disappointed in waiting for a flush. 3 years of an issue and another flush fix would just about do it for me. It would be the first and only flush then right to another manufacturer to trade it in. I have a 2018 2SS Hot Wheels with 6K ON IT and have had the shudder for the last few months. I have quite a few vehicles so I have let the Camaro sit waiting for the 1st quarter fix. the car is no fun to drive and did not want a band aid fix. I have been talking with my salesmen about a new Z06 Vette but that will end that thought. I wouldn't even buy a stick Vette. The thought of going with Vette stick because GM would f^^k use on automatic vehicles makes no sense. Not a company I want to deal with. I think its Challenger Red Eye time. So GM if you are monitoring these posts shame on you.
2018 Hot Wheels 2SS #117, For Sale
2018 Hot Wheels 2LT Convertible. #506, Still Have
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Long Horn, Still Have
2017 Challenger Hellcat
2008 Challenger SRT8
1970 Camaro RS/Z28, Still Have
1955 Willys CJ3B, Still Have
18Hotwheels-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:17 AM   #243
Need4Camaro

This is really sounding awful.

Just wondering can an aftermarket TC be used to solve this issue?

Also what will happen if the car is driven with the issue without repairing it?
Old 12-13-2018, 12:40 PM   #244
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
We don't know for sure yet if its just a flush, or something more. The big detail is in what this "tool kit" is. As posted in another thread...maybe its a TCM flash or just a fancy funnel?

But if its just new fluid again...well that does seem disappointing to me. I mean, the original explanation was that early 2016 models had fluid in it that wasn't any good (in simple terms lol) so they started using new fluid, and changing cars with the old fluid to the new fluid using the TSB. So now they would be saying "Wait no...this 3rd different kind of fluid is REALLY what it needs". Riiiiiiiight.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:14 PM   #245
Chris g.

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT/RS Black on Black
Dropped off my Camaro Monday and the service rep told me it would be four days before they can even look at it because the transmission shop is backed up. (Never a good sign when they tell you that)

I just received a phone call from my rep tell me that they're flushing the transmission. Asked if it was a triple flush or just a single flush he did not know. Then he proceeded to tell me about the new fix they have coming out within the next week or so. He said if my Camaro exhibits the same behavior again to bring it in again so they can flush my transmission with this new fluid. He did also mentioned something about a new torque converter style along with the new fluid..?.?

This is quite frustrating,my Camaro only had about 500 miles on it or less when it started showing signs of a torque converter problem.

Last edited by Chris g.; 12-14-2018 at 07:50 PM.
Chris g. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:21 PM   #246
18Hotwheels-SS

Drives: 2018 Hotwheels 2SS #117
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
We don't know for sure yet if its just a flush, or something more. The big detail is in what this "tool kit" is. As posted in another thread...maybe its a TCM flash or just a fancy funnel?

But if its just new fluid again...well that does seem disappointing to me. I mean, the original explanation was that early 2016 models had fluid in it that wasn't any good (in simple terms lol) so they started using new fluid, and changing cars with the old fluid to the new fluid using the TSB. So now they would be saying "Wait no...this 3rd different kind of fluid is REALLY what it needs". Riiiiiiiight.
Unbelievable, it may be time to get out before everyone knows the problems with the 16 - 18 cars. you will have to give it away soon if not already
2018 Hot Wheels 2SS #117, For Sale
2018 Hot Wheels 2LT Convertible. #506, Still Have
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Long Horn, Still Have
2017 Challenger Hellcat
2008 Challenger SRT8
1970 Camaro RS/Z28, Still Have
1955 Willys CJ3B, Still Have
18Hotwheels-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:18 AM   #247
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hotwheels-SS View Post
Unbelievable, it may be time to get out before everyone knows the problems with the 16 - 18 cars. you will have to give it away soon if not already
If you really like the car otherwise and don't have any other issues with it, maybe it's time to consider having the slip tables mod done regardless of any impact on warranty. Actually, once done this mod ought to be worth something as a selling point, since the buyer would be getting a car no longer subject to the shudder.

Norm
Old 12-14-2018, 08:45 AM   #248
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Sad thing is we should NOT have to go aftermarket to rectify a problem that GM refuses to fix.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:52 AM   #249
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Quote:
Sad thing is we should NOT have to go aftermarket to rectify a problem that GM refuses to fix.
For something as basic as this - no. Unfortunately, it seems to be becoming a case of "it is what it is".

Norm
Old 12-14-2018, 10:56 AM   #250
Need4Camaro

So the dealer is flushing my transmission (using the old method I presume) ... if the new method is anything more than a flush, is it possible to have it done before the issue recurs given I've had it happen before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
If you really like the car otherwise and don't have any other issues with it, maybe it's time to consider having the slip tables mod done regardless of any impact on warranty. Actually, once done this mod ought to be worth something as a selling point, since the buyer would be getting a car no longer subject to the shudder.

Norm
Can I get more information on the slip tables mod and how to have it done?

Also how much impact will it have on the warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
For something as basic as this - no. Unfortunately, it seems to be becoming a case of "it is what it is".

Norm
What if a class action lawsuit were to be filed against GM? Between us and Corvette owners these cars are a bit pricey to experience issues like these...
Old 12-14-2018, 11:28 AM   #251
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Quote:
So the dealer is flushing my transmission (using the old method I presume) ... if the new method is anything more than a flush, is it possible to have it done before the issue recurs given I've had it happen before?

What if a class action lawsuit were to be filed against GM? Between us and Corvette owners these cars are a bit pricey to experience issues like these...

Lawsuit is in the works now. Some of us have been contacted regarding participation in it. This A8 problem goes back several years and covers several platforms, not just Vettes and Camaros. GM has had plenty of time to rectify this, and chose the screw you bandaid route.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:19 PM   #252
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Quote:

Quote:
That'd have to come from somebody other than me - I'm really not an AT guy and have only been piecing together little bits of information. Member 'crosive' is probably a much better source for specific information. Read his posts in this thread. Which I may copy just so I don't have to chase it all down again.

Quote:
No idea here either. Never had to pay much attention to such things. Though it seems you're apt to run into resistance from the dealer for may issues that it seems would fall within warranty coverage.

Norm