Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-13-2017, 08:52 AM   #29
RubberChicken

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT w white Rally Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
ok car is gone..cash in my bankl..jobs a goodun
Good deal. Now get yourself a proper muscle car. A ZL1 with manual transmission would fit the bill nicely!

Name:  2-33.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  72.3 KB
Old 07-13-2017, 09:03 AM   #30
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
100k here that car dude
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 10:28 AM   #31
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
We need to appreciate the Mustang if there was no Mustang there would have never been a Camaro I have both ..a 2014 camaro and 2015 mustang..im a car guy and have a,few classics as,well...my chevelle and 67 Pontiac.. the mustang is my everyday driver ..i have over 52000miles on in now.. I've literally had no issues.. it's a performance pack and I lowered it and a few other suspension mods.. the car hugs and handles the roads excellent..really enjoy both of them
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 01:07 PM   #32
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis66 View Post
We need to appreciate the Mustang if there was no Mustang there would have never been a Camaro I have both ..a 2014 camaro and 2015 mustang..im a car guy and have a,few classics as,well...my chevelle and 67 Pontiac.. the mustang is my everyday driver ..i have over 52000miles on in now.. I've literally had no issues.. it's a performance pack and I lowered it and a few other suspension mods.. the car hugs and handles the roads excellent..really enjoy both of them
Can that be said both for the 60's and the aughties? It was 3-5 years ahead of the Camaro twice - if you consider the later "retro" Mustang styling, right?
Old 07-14-2017, 12:20 AM   #33
drew peacock
Banned

amazing with all the issues these s550's are getting now folks aint jumping ship..
the list is growing by the day..
aircon ev core failure
driveline clunk
driveline vibes
automatic thumping noise.
puddle lamps
mt-82 failures
clutch failures
driverside window not dropping quick enough on entry
tramllining
hood trying to rip itself off over 100mph

ford make cheap junk cars..they need to wise up sell the junk and get themselves a camaro.
i wont be buying one just yet..we're paying off our house next week..wont take me long to save up to buy another camaro without a mortgage
Old 07-14-2017, 12:24 AM   #34
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Quote:
amazing with all the issues these s550's are getting now folks aint jumping ship..
the list is growing by the day..
aircon ev core failure
driveline clunk
driveline vibes
automatic thumping noise.
puddle lamps
mt-82 failures
clutch failures
driverside window not dropping quick enough on entry
tramllining
hood trying to rip itself off over 100mph

ford make cheap junk cars..they need to wise up sell the junk and get themselves a camaro.
i wont be buying one just yet..we're paying off our house next week..wont take me long to save up to buy another camaro without a mortgage
I'll still stick with my old saying pree 1990s ford good for the most part. After that ugggg what a mess. Only thing that kept me from owning a Chevy was they killed the Camaro off and I was so upset I wrote Chevy off tell I road in a new Camaro!
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 12:30 AM   #35
drew peacock
Banned

I WILL NEVER EVER OWN ANOTHER FORD..never another mustang that's for sure.

never loved a car as much as i loved my 2013 camaro...so foolish selling it to buy a pos ford.
only one good thing about the pp mustang is the brakes..that's it..everything else is utter junk..

the s550 is just a little better than the s197..polished turd springs to mind..the bouncing suspension is an utter joke..mine had the pp aswell..felt sea sick everytime i went out in it.
glad the junk is sold..slept like a baby last night seeing the back of it..

sure the s550 will go in motoring history as the biggest lemon ever...sure of that. not even that nice to look at is it? had thumbs up 10 times a day in me camaro..never happened in the mustang.
hopefully i'll be back in a camaro next year..probably another 2013 in yellow

Last edited by drew peacock; 07-14-2017 at 12:41 AM.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:32 AM   #36
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
when you rant.... you really rant lol

I haven't drove one... but I bet the Mustang GT350 is pretty sweet. I want to hear the engine... supposed to sound very different.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:35 AM   #37
drew peacock
Banned

has no torque..terrible engines..
Old 07-15-2017, 01:25 AM   #38
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
when you rant.... you really rant lol

I haven't drove one... but I bet the Mustang GT350 is pretty sweet. I want to hear the engine... supposed to sound very different.
And owning that Mustang for the short time he did really gives him a stressed out look.....or is it just me?
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:00 AM   #39
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Quote:
I WILL NEVER EVER OWN ANOTHER FORD..never another mustang that's for sure.

never loved a car as much as i loved my 2013 camaro...so foolish selling it to buy a pos ford.
only one good thing about the pp mustang is the brakes..that's it..everything else is utter junk..

the s550 is just a little better than the s197..polished turd springs to mind..the bouncing suspension is an utter joke..mine had the pp aswell..felt sea sick everytime i went out in it.
glad the junk is sold..slept like a baby last night seeing the back of it..

sure the s550 will go in motoring history as the biggest lemon ever...sure of that. not even that nice to look at is it? had thumbs up 10 times a day in me camaro..never happened in the mustang.
hopefully i'll be back in a camaro next year..probably another 2013 in yellow
Sounds like a Chevy chevette would be better
Or the Chevy Vega
I actually like those 2 cars
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:17 AM   #40
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Well over here with the Camaros vacation from 4th to 5th gen on the street anyway mustangs are like opinions......and everyone has one so they are not rare, and are cheap and passed on, sure they have lots of things to worry about like your Sig pic being the drivers face in at least 50 mustangs in my home town but hey.... If you get one with a clutch I can attest the monster lt1s is great as is the MGW short throw for quality and feel if you build it. Read truedelta.com website for some reliability comparisons between cars before you buy, and yes low end grunt is not the coyotes ..now a stoked LS that's a different animal I can attest, you don't hear of 5.0s built that much or stroked due to costs....but they do have nice exhaust usually to attract new smucks.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:05 AM   #41
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
coyote motor has no low end grunt..hard work to drive it..
That just tells me what you should have known about yourself going in - that an engine with its power concentrated higher up in the rpms doesn't suit you. Buying it in automatic might have been a clue all by itself.

Be glad you didn't pick a GT350.

Norm
Old 07-16-2017, 10:41 AM   #42
UK Basketball Rocks

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Excellent comeback to that blowhard in Sweden. I dont take kindly to people trashing other makes, especially Mustang's, Camaro's and Challenger's.

Ford has been right there since 1964 1/2 with the Mustang with no interruptions like GM did with the Camaro and both still share the sales lead in Muscle Cars so BOTH companies are doing something right.

Ive owned both Mustang's and Camaro's and both have their upside and downside, its not a perfect world...
UK Basketball Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote