Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-17-2015, 10:19 AM   #1
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
never loved a THING as much as i love my camaro

lads..
i have had maybe 30 cars and driven over 1 million miles in my 36 years of driving.
i have never even driven a car as nice as our babies..
so smooth
so powerful
that v8 growl is intoxicating
so quiet
so smooth on bumpy roads.
so damn handsome

this is a love affair for life i rekon..i doubt i will ever sell this car..unless ofc something happens in my life and i need to..

i would say without doubt for the money u cannot buy a better car..
any of you fellas feel the same?
does it excite you everytime you step inside it?
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 10:54 AM   #2
1BadAssSS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Every day I drive it!
1BadAssSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 11:53 AM   #3
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Until 2010 I never really even liked a Camaro. NONE of them! Oh, I had an affinity for the true, classic muscle car - Camaro included, but would have never dreamed of owning one. But yes, I'm pretty smitten now.
Old 10-17-2015, 03:35 PM   #4
guerrillakilla13

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Wait until you get a whiff of the new 6th gens.

I was born on GM. My first car was a old mercedes (1991) handed to me by my dad, same year as I was born. and I ended up salvaging it after my first week of having a license (woops. I cried because of that and realized my mistake big time) :( but after that, I got a 2002 Camaro Convertible. I liked it but a few years later I really moved up to a 2002 Trans Am WS6. That car was fast and fun, and now a few more years later here I am with a 2014 1LE. I love this thing so much (the tranny bugs me as well as a few other things, but those are nothing that a few mods can't fix ) The LS3 sounds so good

I guess what I am trying to say here is, treasure the car my friend! It'll treat you well
guerrillakilla13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 03:50 PM   #5
lukesparksoff

Drives: Camaro SS 2SS Convertible
Some of my fiends have corvettes. So they asked me when are you going to upgrade . I replied next year , ZL1 same color vert . I got a group of puzzled looks . No , to a Corvette . I said why would I do that the Camaro looks better , The expression on their faces was classic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lukesparksoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 10:24 PM   #6
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
From when I was just a kid working on cars with my buddy and his father have always been a Chevy man.. just grew up with it. Wanted a 69 but never happened and could not justify the expense and or time of one today.. Finally went for a test drive last Aug. in a 2010 SS as my first curiosity of how it felt to me.. Let's just say it came home with me and there has not been a minute of the day I'm not thinking of it since (even sleeping). It just feels so right and with the power, feel and sound of the LS3 with headers, hi flo cats and magnaflows It hits everything I ever wanted just there. Still want to do more but simply yes I think I need to seek help with my passion and renewed addiction.
2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 11:15 PM   #7
SmokinCarrot

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Ya. I do love "it" more than any "it". I kind of screwed myself when I purchased her as my very first muscle car. The only way to got up from here is gonna be pretty damn pricey. Wouldn't trade her for nothing. Damn she feels right. Ya. Borders on mental but I'm ok with it.
SmokinCarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 11:16 PM   #8
lsaterz28
the vetteman

Drives: 68Z/28,09G8/GT,11RS/SS VT,13GMC PU
The Love of my life is my Wife. Because of her understanding who I am, I can own and drive 2009 G8 GT. (Hers). 2011 RS/SS Vert. (Mine). 1968 Z/28. (Ours). And late model SUV and Crew cab pickup.
Yanko style side strips,BBK Long Tube headers no cats,Maggie 2300,Ported trottle body,58 lb injectors,Pedder's sub frame bushings,QTE cut outs,Corsa Performance Ex., Volant Cold Air Kit,catch can, SLP 20" Red Line Wheels, Raymond's Performance Tune
RAYMOND'S PERFORMANCE BUILT. Plainfield Indiana.
lsaterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 12:03 AM   #9
KJZ28

Drives: 2018 Buick Regal TourX
I still look outside the window at work to see my car. I use the remote start unnecessarily to watch people look when it growls to life, I purposefully hit bumpy roads because it is so smooth. Yeah I like it a lot. I cant seem to keep my foot off the throttle.
KJZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 12:19 AM   #10
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
glad i'm not the only one lol..
tiss an amazing car...ofc there are better cars but not for the money..
i spend so much time n effort keeping mine pristine...one spec of dust and i loose sleep lol
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 09:11 AM   #11
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
well imagine that...... lol my mods do not just talk for themselves they have friends I do not list in my sig because it would never end.... lol
Old 10-18-2015, 09:33 AM   #12
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
For me it's really a toss up between the ZL1 and the Chevy SS. Kind of depends on what type of mood I'm in, both cars have their pros and cons.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:58 AM   #13
Moto-Mojo

I wonder if it was really genius on GM's part or just a bunch of gear heads who convinced management to build hot rods and that they would sell.

It was smart to tap into what others say here was that boomer-gen, jonesin' for muscle cars. It was even smarter of GM accounting to give the green light for a reasonably priced SS Camaro. I'd say it worked. And with $5.4 BILLION being invested in Lancing over the next three years - of which $175M goes toward the gen 6 Camaro, GM sounds very committed to this thing we drive. Good riddance, 1980's and 1990's basic transportation of yesteryear!
Old 10-18-2015, 12:03 PM   #14
Moto-Mojo

I didn't mean to imply there was only boomer interest in the Camaro. Obviously, there are many younger drivers of the Gen5. Maybe even more than boomers...