Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 10-23-2020, 06:26 PM   #43
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall ss1le View Post
Yeah it was hard to argue the points everyone made. I definitely loved the SS too but at least I’ve got a warranty again & shouldn’t feel the need to immediately start modding this. Right on man, I’ll be sure to post pics in that section!
Congrats. If you were happy with the power of your SS then yea you should be happy, but if you wanted more (which I assume you did since you were considering H/C) I wouldn't be surprised if you start modding right away. The ZLE is not going to be really any faster straight line compared to your bolt-on E85 SS until you get above 120mph or so. Flex fuel tune will wake it right up.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 08:03 PM   #44
Blackkaz04

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
You made the right choice. See ya over in the ZL1 section, congrats and enjoy that badass car!
The right choice? I don’t think there was a ‘right’ choice. I’ve owned a ton of high performance cars...sure the ZL1 is a little faster but it’s also more expensive to own and there’s not much to do with all the extra power unless you track the car. Public roads I’d argue the SS 1LE is just as fun.
Blackkaz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 08:41 PM   #45
Nightfall ss1le

Drives: 2020 A10 ZL1 1LE
Well that was a disaster. Those were the hardest 13K miles I’ve ever seen on a car so needless to say, I’m still in in my SS. The carpet was all ripped up from a roll cage, seats weren’t great & it pulled very hard to the left every time I goosed it. Something definitely messed up with it! Spent an hour & a 1/2 but they’re bringing another one in from somewhere else for me to look at next week. It’s a 19’ with 5K miles & I told them it better look & drive like one with that mileage.

2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE - 2" TSP catless headers, Pray Ported stock IM/TB, Rotofab dry, DSX FF kit, dyno tuned by Pray. SOLD
Nightfall ss1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:15 PM   #46
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall ss1le View Post
Well that was a disaster. Those were the hardest 13K miles I’ve ever seen on a car so needless to say, I’m still in in my SS. The carpet was all ripped up from a roll cage, seats weren’t great & it pulled very hard to the left every time I goosed it. Something definitely messed up with it! Spent an hour & a 1/2 but they’re bringing another one in from somewhere else for me to look at next week. It’s a 19’ with 5K miles & I told them it better look & drive like one with that mileage.
Man, that blows major C@€£!

Did they not send you comprehensive pics of the car & plus never telling you about a cage? That’s some weak D!
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:56 PM   #47
Nightfall ss1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Man, that blows major C@€£!

Did they not send you comprehensive pics of the car & plus never telling you about a cage? That’s some weak D!
It looked great in the pics & no they didn’t say anything about the cage. Had I not looked at the carpet in the back & noticed it was messed up from where it was bolted in then I wouldn’t have known at all. They obviously didn’t even drive the car before they put it up for sale.. there was something major going on with the way it was pulling every time I hit it. They’ve got a good reviews so I’ll chalk it up to a fluke but the next one had better be mint!

2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE - 2" TSP catless headers, Pray Ported stock IM/TB, Rotofab dry, DSX FF kit, dyno tuned by Pray. SOLD
Old 10-23-2020, 10:10 PM   #48
Nightfall ss1le

These were the photos online & the pics from the inside looked good too. They definitely did not represent how it looked in person.
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2020, 10:52 PM   #49
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Sorry to hear about the ZLE but keep looking and you will find one eventually if not the one they are getting for you to see. I see you are in Greenville SC and I bought my used 2017 last year at Bradshaw Automotive in Greer! Good luck with your search!��
Old 10-24-2020, 04:53 AM   #50
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Hopefully the ‘19 is a keeper. 13K miles was a tad high, but 5K is not bad.

Were you looking for A10 or manual?
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:47 AM   #51
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackkaz04 View Post
The right choice? I don’t think there was a ‘right’ choice. I’ve owned a ton of high performance cars...sure the ZL1 is a little faster but it’s also more expensive to own and there’s not much to do with all the extra power unless you track the car. Public roads I’d argue the SS 1LE is just as fun.
I say right choice because to me the ZL1 is extremely special. Anyone that can actually afford and have one is blessed. It’s far more impressive in price and performance to its competitors.

I need the extra HP the ZL1 has for my daily commute that SS doesn’t offer unless modded and I need reliability. Don’t get me wrong, the SS 1LE is awesome looking and the best bang for the buck car out there.

Turns out he made the right choice and walked away from the car. So the story continues.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:24 AM   #52
Staves

Drives: women crazy
That rear spoiler makes the Civic Type R look good all of a sudden.
Old 10-24-2020, 02:42 PM   #53
Nightfall ss1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Sorry to hear about the ZLE but keep looking and you will find one eventually if not the one they are getting for you to see. I see you are in Greenville SC and I bought my used 2017 last year at Bradshaw Automotive in Greer! Good luck with your search!��
Yeah I’m hoping this next one pans out but if not, I’ll sell mine & go buy another. A forum member has a great price on one right now so maybe that’ll work out if this doesn’t. I bought from them once a long time ago. Seemed like decent people to work with!

Old 10-24-2020, 02:44 PM   #54
Nightfall ss1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Hopefully the ‘19 is a keeper. 13K miles was a tad high, but 5K is not bad.

Were you looking for A10 or manual?
Man I hope so too! I’m looking for a manual. I know the A10 will perform slightly better but I like the extra engagement of rowing my own gears.

Old 10-24-2020, 02:44 PM   #55
ste1n

Drives: 2019 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePeoplesCamaro View Post
Lol not sure it’s a phrase. I just came up with it. But it’s a thing now so let’s spread it.

Ya I got the approval from the wife to keep this one forever. So for now it’s a solid 600hp N/A build until the motor gets tired. In the mean time I’ll slowly be stashing parts to rebuild a bullet proof motor to handle a nasty twin turbo 1200+ track monster 5 years from now when as you stated V8s become the dying breed. I’ll daily a damn Prius if I have to. But an all American beast will always be ready to wake the neighbors and shread tires lol
Y'all ask permissions to wife to get a new car or a keep one? I am married too but when I bought my Camaro I just woke up one morning drove to the dealer purchased the car and sent her a picture asking if she is available the next day to give me a ride to the dealer so I could drove my old car back lol.
ste1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 03:14 PM   #56
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste1n View Post
Y'all ask permissions to wife to get a new car or a keep one? I am married too but when I bought my Camaro I just woke up one morning drove to the dealer purchased the car and sent her a picture asking if she is available the next day to give me a ride to the dealer so I could drove my old car back lol.

This lol She got the new vehicle first, we needed it since kids were growing. My only comment was "Next one is mine, don't care if you fit in it, don't care if the kids fit in it" lol So now I order by 1/14/21 since I want a crush 1LE
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote