Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-28-2020, 11:12 AM   #15
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Is your brother CamOnlyJarboni on the Corvette forum?
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post
Don't mean to hijack, but since injector pulse width was mentioned. Mine was always 5.x, but now that the fuel system is all LT4 stuff, the datalogs show 3.8-3.9 at WOT. what does this mean? Am I leaving HP on the table?

Thanks
You are running meth for additional fueling. This discussion is based around those wanting to use DI only for fueling. Sounds like you have plenty of fuel to make more power either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
King LT1, your low side needs more work to take full advantage of the LPE Pump and 30% injectors... Here is an emails from LPE addressing fuel for the big bore pump.

you need a return style no ZR1 pump, dsx, SKG will feed over 80 psi, I asked Dave Steck about that but it will never happen.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 8/14/19 7:29 AM (GMT-06:00)
Subject: RE: few questions?

Jack needs more low side. For that kind of boost level on E85 he needs MINIMUM 85psi….. recommended 100+
His high side system has zero issues.

The rails remain the same and we have tried a few different options with the check valve. But we normally run a hi flow check valve in there. Our low side is a ½ feed stainless line with the factory feed line as the return.

This is what Christian said back after he could review your log file.
I am well aware hence I said he is going to swap the ZR1 pump. The main point of this post was to show that we were able to bump E content up 22% from the LT4 injectors and still squeak by on the factory low side with JMS.

I don't believe we need 85 psi low side to do what we need. This setup will run fine all day at E60 and it's not a big deal if it won't run full pump E without mixing. E60 provides 90% of the gains anyway. Either way The low side tapering off at the top of the gear isn't that big of deal since the high side holds even though I would like to see low side hold 70psi all the way through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choda View Post
At what point do you upgrade from the factory lt4 High side to the FIC +30 Injectors and/or LPE HPFP?

The injector pulse width getting up toward 6.0 ms and/or rail pressure drop? Im guessing both are related and impact each other. Teach me guys.

Min of 85psi low side... wow
When your high side is dropping a large amount and your injectors are climbing above 6.2ms....opinions may vary.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA

Last edited by KingLT1; 09-28-2020 at 11:29 AM.
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 11:27 AM   #16
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Sounds like old LS tuning going off good afrs mostly was trying to help i would not risk anything falling off heat and load vs being on a dyno can change all of that real quick.. you will notice my advice is always proper way vs half ass.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 11:36 AM   #17
KingLT1

It isn't old LS tuning. We are street tuning not a dyno. I am looking at a lot more data aside from AFR. I just said we are going to swap the low side for the ZR1...either way it's still fine because the high side holds. The injectors and HPFP don't move through the curve and it still is 50psi. If it was dropping down to 40 or less then we would of dropped the E content back.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:57 AM   #18
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Ok no problem my suggestion then are for people that want to take full advantage of the pump and setup the car correctly as someone allready mentioned the pressures go hand and hand.. thats the reason i sent my tables to LPE.. read it.. high side fine low side no good... symptoms car Cutts out after a few hard pulls in high 4000 rpm band. I had a lot more low side then a ZR1 pump. Why would you want to still mix when all you have to do is a return style abs ck valve

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 12:42 PM   #19
KingLT1

Again the low side isn't dropping enough to cause the high side to strain. If the low side drops too far, then the high side drops, and the injectors pulse open up. That is how it works plain and simple. If the Injectors and High side parameters remain constant without fluctuation through the entire pull then the engine is getting the fuel. Aside from that the Low side doesn't drop until right at the top of the gear around 6400rpm. The engine pulls hard and clean, the coolant temps don't sky rocket after a pull. Everything I am seeing shows it's fine.

I mentioned the Low side was going to be a issue prior....it's not my car. E60 provides 90% of the gains and is allowing the engine to reach MBT... and the shit is easy to mix. He wanted to try it first as is and see where it's at before going further.

Lingenfelter is 30 minutes from us. Christian has tuned this car prior. My brother chose to have me tune it for some reasons I am not going to get into a debate over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
The FIC 30% injectors are a nice alternative to running a port injection set up. With the pricing coming down a bit (hit us up) we can make them more affordable then port injection for sure. They do tune easy. The 60% are kind of overkill unless you run the Katech belt driven high side pump. If you can't feed them they can't help much.
Missed this post! I believe Josh bought his from you for a very reasonable price. I am considering getting a set for my car. Thx

Last edited by KingLT1; 03-18-2021 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:23 PM   #20
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Again the low side isn't dropping enough to cause the high side to strain. If the low side drops too far, then the high side drops, and the injectors pulse open up. That is how it works plain and simple. If the Injectors and High side parameters remain constant without fluctuation through the entire pull then the engine is getting the fuel. Aside from that the Low side doesn't drop until right at the top of the gear around 6400rpm. The engine pulls hard and clean, the coolant temps don't sky rocket after a pull. Everything I am seeing shows it's fine.

I mentioned the Low side was going to be a issue prior....it's not my car. E60 provides 90% of the gains and is allowing the engine to reach MBT... and the shit is easy to mix. He wanted to try it first as is and see where it's at before going further.

Lingenfelter is 30 minutes from us. Christian has tuned this car prior. My brother chose to have me tune it for some reasons I am not going to get into a debate over.

Missed this post! I believe my Josh bought his from you for a very reasonable price. I am considering getting a set for my car. Thx

King I would love to chat with ya offline, I am waiting on my 19 C7Z to get here right now. Should be here by the end of next week hopefully. I am just gonna do either the Halltech or Cordes CAI, the AWE non-catted x-pipe and maybe a ported TB. I really want to dig right in and tune it, it is killing me to not do this right off of the bat. I know the ECM has some gains, the TCM will be a pain in the ass since I will have to send it off to have it unlocked.

I will send ya a PM.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 03:40 PM   #21
toohighpsi

Drives: 2015 C7 Z06 M7
Quote:
Again the low side isn't dropping enough to cause the high side to strain. If the low side drops too far, then the high side drops, and the injectors pulse open up. That is how it works plain and simple. If the Injectors and High side parameters remain constant without fluctuation through the entire pull then the engine is getting the fuel.
King you are correct, if the high side is holding - you have plenty of low side - I don't car how low the low side gets.

As a matter of fact we drop the low side on our Camaro to 35 PSI at idle, cruise, and a good portion of part throttle, then bring it to 50 at WOT. No reason to run the pumps hard if it's not needed.

The high side is a positive displacement pump and fuel (unlike air) is essentially incompressible, so no matter how much pressure you run on the low side the high side is going to pump the same amount, up to the point where you start reaching the flow capability of the pumps inlet port internal passages. At that point you can find a bit more flow through the HP pump by raising the low side above 50psi - but this is in the order of 3-5% more flow...

www.toohighpsi.com

2015 Corvette Z06 M7
2021 Porsche GT4 M6
2023 Corvette Z51
toohighpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 04:15 PM   #22
KingLT1

Thanks for confirming Mike!
Old 09-29-2020, 05:55 PM   #23
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by toohighpsi View Post
King you are correct, if the high side is holding - you have plenty of low side - I don't car how low the low side gets.

As a matter of fact we drop the low side on our Camaro to 35 PSI at idle, cruise, and a good portion of part throttle, then bring it to 50 at WOT. No reason to run the pumps hard if it's not needed.

The high side is a positive displacement pump and fuel (unlike air) is essentially incompressible, so no matter how much pressure you run on the low side the high side is going to pump the same amount, up to the point where you start reaching the flow capability of the pumps inlet port internal passages. At that point you can find a bit more flow through the HP pump by raising the low side above 50psi - but this is in the order of 3-5% more flow...
So Mike, am I screwing up by commanding 72 psi on my low side? It struggles to keep up, but the high side is not dropping off.
Old 03-16-2021, 11:35 AM   #24
jorgesvlog

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet SS
great information! I was under the impression that the LPE big bore was based off the LT1 pump so it should run well at around 2100 psi similar to the stock LT1. you might have a little more room to drop psi from 2400 to 2100 for some better headroom on your lowside.
jorgesvlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 08:33 PM   #25
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Thanks for all the information! It is invaluable to those learning how to tune
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 09:11 AM   #26
KingLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgesvlog View Post
great information! I was under the impression that the LPE big bore was based off the LT1 pump so it should run well at around 2100 psi similar to the stock LT1. you might have a little more room to drop psi from 2400 to 2100 for some better headroom on your lowside.
It is and we will probably drop it lower if need be. Keep in mind when you drop rail pressure the Injector pulse width increases. So I was basically trying to find a balance of keeping both sides happy. The Z06 just received a Cordes low side over the Winter and Spring rains are currently cleaning off the roads... so logs are coming soon!
Old 03-18-2021, 11:02 AM   #27
jorgesvlog

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet SS
Quote:
It is and we will probably drop it lower if need be. Keep in mind when you drop rail pressure the Injector pulse width increases. So I was basically trying to find a balance of keeping both sides happy. The Z06 just received a Cordes low side over the Winter and Spring rains are currently cleaning off the roads... so logs are coming soon!
Thats awesome, I will be looking to get a similar set up with dsx low side, lpe big bore, and the fic 30s. That should be able to run full e85 with most bolt ons before needing to do cam and heads!
jorgesvlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 02:39 PM   #28
KingLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgesvlog View Post
Thats awesome, I will be looking to get a similar set up with dsx low side, lpe big bore, and the fic 30s. That should be able to run full e85 with most bolt ons before needing to do cam and heads!
Yep...btw congrats on the ZL1! I follow your YT channel.