Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 01-12-2022, 01:03 PM   #1
Vivid_O_1LE

Drives: Chevy Camaro, Dodge Charger
Front splitter question

Hi folks, i have a 22' SS 1LE that is supposed to be getting built this week.

I'm stocking up on some bits and pieces while I wait and was considering getting a carbon fiber front splitter.

Are the splitters labeled for the SS compatible with the 1LE? Most look like they reuse existing bolts when installing onto a non 1LE. If i take the 1LE splitter off would it be the same process? I'm looking at something like this for reference.

https://www.c7carbon.com/gen-6-camar...c7b71f43249015

I want to make sure i have balanced down force and also aesthetically match some of the other carbon fiber aero/accessory pieces.

So far I've picked up zl1 addon's carbon wicker bill, C7 Carbon side skirts, and a carbon fiber hood vent. Couple other things i've gathered are, zl1 rockguards, lift pads, diode dynamics side markers, a GM adapter for my motive brake bleeder, and some of that expensive but great castrol srf fluid. Can't wait for the car to get here and get out on track when the weather breaks!
Vivid_O_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 02:42 PM   #2
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Congratulations in advance but based on this splitter no it will not fit! I had the same exact one(check out my photo album)and it only fits on the 2016-18 body style it will not fit on the refresh body styles..you will have to go with an splitter similar to what’s on the car.

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 05:38 AM   #3
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Gen II splitter is different as mentioned above.
Also, to remove the 1LE splitter, there are a couple of blind rivets, the splitter is installed BEFORE the nose is installed, so they are internal. The rest is all screws and rivets that can just be drilled out.
I had to replace mine due to damage, not an easy task to remove.

Congrats and good luck with the new ride!!!!
Nothing like an SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 03:29 PM   #4
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
I was going to pull that thing off as soon as I get it home. Looks like they made it extra fun! Excellent
Old 01-13-2022, 05:23 PM   #5
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing like an SS View Post
Also, to remove the 1LE splitter, there are a couple of blind rivets, the splitter is installed BEFORE the nose is installed, so they are internal. The rest is all screws and rivets that can just be drilled out.

Wow thanks for sharing this! I thought it would be just screws. I will remember the this when I want to add a carbon fiber one

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 06:20 PM   #6
WiggyB

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I'm currently going through this process now due to a boo boo. The replacement one lines up perfect as you can tell from the one picture my son took while I was holding it in place. The difference is the new one has more 3M tape on it and less rivets. The only rivets are the 4 around the center of the splitter. All 15 or 17 of the bolts line right up. I'll be installing it tomorrow since I only work 1/2 day so I'll update with some pics then.
Attached Images

WiggyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 06:46 PM   #7
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiggyB View Post
I'm currently going through this process now due to a boo boo. The replacement one lines up perfect as you can tell from the one picture my son took while I was holding it in place. The difference is the new one has more 3M tape on it and less rivets. The only rivets are the 4 around the center of the splitter. All 15 or 17 of the bolts line right up. I'll be installing it tomorrow since I only work 1/2 day so I'll update with some pics then.
This is good news, I never understood why GM had to make the new style splitter sooo much more difficult to replace. The one for my 2018 is simple and easy to work with.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 06:57 PM   #8
WiggyB

Here's a better fitment picture that I didn't see initally.
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2022, 10:00 PM   #9
Vivid_O_1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing like an SS View Post

By blind rivets do you mean you need to remove the fascia to drill out the rivets? This sounds like a pain lol. Maybe I’ll just wrap the OEM one and put some ppf on it and see how that holds up.
Old 01-14-2022, 05:25 AM   #10
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivid_O_1LE View Post
By blind rivets do you mean you need to remove the fascia to drill out the rivets? This sounds like a pain lol. Maybe I’ll just wrap the OEM one and put some ppf on it and see how that holds up.
Technically yes, what I did, was gently pry each corner until the rivet pulled out. I couldn't get new rivets in unless I took off the facia, which I didn't. It is one on each corner by the wheel well.

The screws, many other rivets and the tape plus the blind brackets on each side are more then adequate to hold it. The two Blind rivets, a pain to remove, but not necessary to put them back. 1-1/2 years and it looks factory and solid as a rock!
Nothing like an SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 03:15 PM   #11
WiggyB

That's the new replacement splitter installed which was not as complicated as you may think. Drilling out the rivets wasn't bad at all very easy. What I will say i didn't put any rivets back though I used all screws. I also installed side skirts since I had it up in the air.
Attached Images

Old 01-14-2022, 03:28 PM   #12
Vivid_O_1LE

Honestly the more I see the look of the stock splitter the more I like the look. I’ll probably just keep it on for now.

I did see ZL1 addons has a splitter for the OEM setup. Not sure I dig the look of it with the gap though. If anyone is running it I’d love to see some more pics.
https://zl1addons.com/collections/ca...tter-extension
Old 01-14-2022, 03:55 PM   #13
WiggyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivid_O_1LE View Post
Honestly the more I see the look of the stock splitter the more I like the look. I’ll probably just keep it on for now.

I did see ZL1 addons has a splitter for the OEM setup. Not sure I dig the look of it with the gap though. If anyone is running it I’d love to see some more pics.
https://zl1addons.com/collections/ca...tter-extension
Yea I'm not trashing the stock one. Going to get it fixed at a good body shop and keep it. You know in case I screw this one up like I did the stock one.