Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-17-2022, 08:17 AM   #15
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
I am clearly in the wrong here per many peoples opinion. I would like to apologize to everyone as I am now beginning to understand your point of view. Sorry for any inconveniences and time wasted.

Carry on

Mods after Warranty “Imma keep it stock”
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 08:21 AM   #16
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavies11 View Post
It completely depends on why the restaurant has no food. It would be pretty irrational to get mad at the restaurant without knowing why they have no food.

For example, if the restuarant has no food because the manager forgot to place the order, then sure, be mad at the restaurant. But if the restaurant has no food beauase the supplier is unable to supply them with said food, (like in the dealership example above) then how can you blame the restaurant? Common sense, guy.
Most likely the guy who delivers the food can no longer afford diesel and had to go out of business. We think it's bad now...just wait

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 08:23 AM   #17
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorforschool@gmail.com View Post
I am clearly in the wrong here per many peoples opinion. I would like to apologize to everyone as I am now beginning to understand your point of view. Sorry for any inconveniences and time wasted.

Carry on
Hoping a large group in D.C. see your post and take inspiration.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 08:41 AM   #18
Speak99

Drives: Camaro 2020 2SS VERT
That is like blaming the Government for a lack of Baby Formula?
Speak99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 08:51 AM   #19
Harley Kidd

Drives: Black 2022, ZL1, Hurst M6 NPP
Not getting professional treatment:

I just a few weeks ago contacted my local chevy dealership to have the stock shifter removed and replaced with the aftermarket Hurst close ratio shifter I usually put in my camaros. I currently have a almost new ZL1. I was told to bring the car in and it would be done. After two days I was told to come get my car as they had no time to do it. I suspicioned there was some other reason for this. They told me they would call me in the following week they would call me to bring it back in. They never called. So I took it to a dealership 25 miles away and they did it quickly. They also did this more me on my 2017 2SS. I posted this experience on Google and shortly the local dealer service manager replied he did not like my post and he wanted to make things better if only I would call him. That response tells you all you need to know about the working relationship that dealer has with their customers when they expect you to call them.
Harley Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 10:12 AM   #20
Junker

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1
I posted the question to find out if others are experiencing the same delays as I have recently.

Personally, I think the delays are not only due to difficulties the dealerships are having hiring enough mechanics and the part shortages many other companies are experiencing, but much of the problem is GM’s failure to buy enough parts to support the cars they’ve sold.

Obviously, the problems of worker and part shortages are affecting many companies both here and overseas, but the dealerships are part of a network with GM, which has to have enough parts in the system to support vehicle warranties and the older vehicles they’ve sold. Even the notorious chip shortage is partly due to short term thinking by the car companies when the economy dipped and they cut back on their orders, and I’ve read that there are some marked up chips available but they refuse to pay the higher price.

I just took delivery of my ZL1 back in late March 2022, and the part the dealership needs to fix it is a cracked clutch part actually produced by GM itself. I just hit the 1,500 mile break in point and didn’t find the problem until I tested the performance I paid for. I don’t just blame the dealerships for the problem, although many of them are earning record profits due to increases in car prices and need to hire enough mechanics. GM needs to buy the parts if the system is going to work.
Junker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 10:38 AM   #21
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
My son made an appointment and left his 2019 Mustang, 10,000 miles, overnight at the Ford dealer to diagnose a belt squeal. When he went in to pick it up, The service manager said they didn’t have staff or time to check his engine. Told him to call back in a week and maybe they could check it.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 11:40 AM   #22
BUFW

Drives: Your Mom
It's all pretty easy to sum up.

1. People don't want to work. They all got used to the government paying for them to stay home.
2. The people that do want to work, can't afford to go because of gas prices.
BUFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 11:43 AM   #23
BUFW

Drives: Your Mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorforschool@gmail.com View Post
You can go ahead and defend your point to the death, but nothing either of you said I can agree with. So move along and find some other sad soul to pick a bone with
BUFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 12:03 PM   #24
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
So now someone did get their feelings hurt... Sorry about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUFW View Post
It's all pretty easy to sum up.

1. People don't want to work. They all got used to the government paying for them to stay home.
2. The people that do want to work, can't afford to go because of gas prices.

Mods after Warranty “Imma keep it stock”
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 12:17 PM   #25
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I also wonder if maybe people are trying to hang on to their cars longer and get things fixed rather than getting a new vehicle because of high prices. More cars to be repaired or serviced plus fewer workers could contribute to longer waits.
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 01:10 PM   #26
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
Recently I had to wait a week to get a check engine light looked at by my local dealer. They just didn't have any appointments available.
Oriely's Auto
Autozone

Could have saved you a week.

They can scan the error codes and let you know.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 01:26 PM   #27
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
I also wonder if maybe people are trying to hang on to their cars longer and get things fixed rather than getting a new vehicle because of high prices. More cars to be repaired or serviced plus fewer workers could contribute to longer waits.
I seem to recall some articles last summer that were stating exactly that sort of situation had been seen. Shortage of new vehicles and elevated prices were contributing heavily to people doing more maintenance and repairs on what they owned instead of just trading out of them. Can't really see where it has gotten any better as prices just continue to go up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
Oriely's Auto
Autozone

Could have saved you a week.

They can scan the error codes and let you know.
I don't believe they can (or will) -clear- the codes, and aside from opting to do the repair yourself, you're still going to have to wait to get it taken care of. True, you'll at least have a better guess as to what might be going on...
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 01:44 PM   #28
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
I seem to recall some articles last summer that were stating exactly that sort of situation had been seen. Shortage of new vehicles and elevated prices were contributing heavily to people doing more maintenance and repairs on what they owned instead of just trading out of them. Can't really see where it has gotten any better as prices just continue to go up.

I don't believe they can (or will) -clear- the codes, and aside from opting to do the repair yourself, you're still going to have to wait to get it taken care of. True, you'll at least have a better guess as to what might be going on...
Indeed, not sure if they clear the codes, I thought they did but I don't remember.

I've had dealerships look at my car for an issue and say "We can't find anything wrong, let us just clear the code"

Then I bring it back to them with the same code, and they can't seem to find anything wrong.... AGAIN.

I hate dealerships with a passion, they border on scumbaggery as far as I'm concerned.

But I guess there's a difference when you pay cash for your car instead of financing it.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote