Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-08-2019, 12:01 PM   #1
spireland

Drives: 2017 2SS
Discount Dealers

I'm pretty new here, been lurking for a while.

I'm used to the Corvette world where there are several high volume dealers who sell at a discount though I wasn't sure if that was a thing for Camaro. My wife is considering replacing her Coupe with a Vert and considering it seems impossible to find a 2SS manual Vert in a color she likes I think we are going to have order it and I'd prefer to work with a dealer that is pretty decent on price and just do a courtesy delivery or get it shipped rather than deal with a local dealer.

Are there dealers in the US that deal with Camaro that are aggressive on pricing?
spireland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 12:17 PM   #2
RLem619

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS A10
Do a search for Becky. Seems most in your shoes, go with her.

RLem619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 01:22 PM   #3
camaroras

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Not sure how/if they handle shipping/non-local deals, but I got mine at Koons Tysons in Virginia where all their camaro's seemed to be aggressively priced. I got my 1SS 1LE for about 6-7k under msrp by just walking in and saying I wanted the deal I saw online, no negotiation needed.
camaroras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 03:14 PM   #4
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
I love my vert but she wants a stick in the Bay Area? I had a manual when I first moved there but got rid of it quick. Is this just a fun car? The traffic was ridiculous and no bueno with a clutch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 03:18 PM   #5
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
Use a buying service like Costco, AAA, or credit union. The last time the wife bought a car, she never left the house!

rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:27 AM   #6
spireland

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rshelar View Post
I love my vert but she wants a stick in the Bay Area? I had a manual when I first moved there but got rid of it quick. Is this just a fun car? The traffic was ridiculous and no bueno with a clutch!

Nope, a daily. She's been doing it on a manual SS for two years, I did it in a C7 up until last year, and a Mustang before that.

My wife and I have both driven manuals for many years in Bay Area traffic. It's really not that big a deal with a modern manual. I used an old Honda Accord for a few years ago and that was the worst. Heavy clutch compared to a current gen Mustang, Camaro, Corvette that all have pretty light clutches and work just fine for traffic.

I do tell people part of the trick to not going crazy in stop in go is always to use neutral a fair amount. Don't just zoom into the car in front of you, leave some space, coast, and you won't have to shift so much. It really isn't that big a deal.
spireland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:01 PM   #7
AmazinglySmooth

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Call Greg Freeman at Captiol Chevy in Austin.
AmazinglySmooth is offline   Reply With Quote