Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-11-2023, 07:55 PM   #57
Nmolina9239

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
How has SmoothBoost worked out for you? My car needs something like that.
So far it's worked great. It's nice to be able to turn the power down when normal street driving. I also utilized the scramble and cut-out function using some motion raceworks steering wheel buttons.
2018 Camaro, Whipple Charged, RotoFab Big Gulp, Katech 103mm, LT4 Fueling w/ JMS BAP, GPI Drop in Rods and Pistons, Custom Cam, Ported Heads, Kooks LTHs w/ Green Cats and Mid Pipes, Corsa Extreme Mufflers, DSS Driveshaft & CV Shafts, Might Mouse Catch Can, Circle D T.C. #Team GPI
Nmolina9239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 03:27 PM   #58
humblemoto

Drives: '22 ZL1 1LE 6MT
Anyone find a way to get this integrated into the Reflex or E92? Really interested in what it offers if it were seemless, seems dangerous playing with a knob while accelerating to ramp in boost.
humblemoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 06:27 PM   #59
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by humblemoto View Post
Anyone find a way to get this integrated into the Reflex or E92? Really interested in what it offers if it were seemless, seems dangerous playing with a knob while accelerating to ramp in boost.
Yeah, you don’t do that lmao! I usually set the knob based on the situation. So street use I turn it way down to limit power to half boost so that I don’t blow my R888R’s off. At the track it’s full tilt. If I was in a pinch and needed to run 93 octane I’d turn it down there too. It’s pretty handy but I have the knob installed in the glovebox so I’m not messing with it while driving.

I know Mike Sitar thought the Reflex could output a signal to control the Smoothboost electronic actuator, might be worth an email to him to see if he’s made progress. I know Jason (ZL1Atlanta) is doing boost by gear with it with his Holley ECU. Lot of potential in the Smoothboost system, and I definitely would not run another PD blower without it.
Old 03-24-2024, 07:22 AM   #60
Nmolina9239

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
To Josh's point, would probably be best to reach out to Mike to see if the Reflex can support that. The Smoothboost does have a built in "Scramble" function that can be used but its not based on gear or speed etc.

I used some Motion Raceworks steering wheel buttons to add that function in. Say you have the knob turned halfway but want full power, you would hit this button and as long as you were at 100% throttle, it will let the bypass shut all the way to make max power. I can get you more info how I did it if you want. Just probably not what you are looking for exactly.
2018 Camaro, Whipple Charged, RotoFab Big Gulp, Katech 103mm, LT4 Fueling w/ JMS BAP, GPI Drop in Rods and Pistons, Custom Cam, Ported Heads, Kooks LTHs w/ Green Cats and Mid Pipes, Corsa Extreme Mufflers, DSS Driveshaft & CV Shafts, Might Mouse Catch Can, Circle D T.C. #Team GPI
Nmolina9239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 01:17 PM   #61
rcoe

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmolina9239 View Post

I used some Motion Raceworks steering wheel buttons to add that function in. Say you have the knob turned halfway but want full power, you would hit this button and as long as you were at 100% throttle, it will let the bypass shut all the way to make max power. I can get you more info how I did it if you want. Just probably not what you are looking for exactly.

This is the best way. For street driving I keep the knob at about half boost, but just a press of the button away from full boost. Works great on the street, hit it in 4th or 5th when traction is not as much of a problem.
American Racing headers - Borla S-type
rcoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 10:20 AM   #62
CamOnlyJabroni

Drives: 19’ ZL1 A10 / 16’ C7Z M7
DSX is going to have an input on their port controller that will integrate the SmoothBoost bypass actuator.
CamOnlyJabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 08:55 PM   #63
toohighpsi

Drives: 2015 C7 Z06 M7
Quote:
The latest MOTIV Reflex Software/Firmware update V63 has closed loop boost control based off Vehicle Speed (front wheel), Gear position and Ethanol Content. You'll need the SmoothBoost PWM adapter to connect to the AUX1 output.

We're still working on the instructions for the boost control (and other new features), but the software is available on our website if you already have a Reflex at https://toohighpsi.com/blogs/reflex-firmware-1

Hope you folks find this update enjoyable

www.toohighpsi.com

2015 Corvette Z06 M7
2021 Porsche GT4 M6
2023 Corvette Z51
toohighpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 09:25 PM   #64
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by toohighpsi View Post
The latest MOTIV Reflex Software/Firmware update V63 has closed loop boost control based off Vehicle Speed (front wheel), Gear position and Ethanol Content. You'll need the SmoothBoost PWM adapter to connect to the AUX1 output.

We're still working on the instructions for the boost control (and other new features), but the software is available on our website if you already have a Reflex at https://toohighpsi.com/blogs/reflex-firmware-1

Hope you folks find this update enjoyable
Good info as always, Mike!

Any truth to the rumor you’re working to get the Reflex to communicate with the ECM to automatically control the supplemental port injection amounts (like a Gen3 Coyote does)?
Old 04-18-2024, 09:34 PM   #65
toohighpsi

Drives: 2015 C7 Z06 M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Good info as always, Mike!

Any truth to the rumor you’re working to get the Reflex to communicate with the ECM to automatically control the supplemental port injection amounts (like a Gen3 Coyote does)?
I can say that MOTIV is always working to improve the product, we provide them suggestions based off feedback and they find the way to make things happen. I will say they have lots of new things on the way.

www.toohighpsi.com

2015 Corvette Z06 M7
2021 Porsche GT4 M6
2023 Corvette Z51
toohighpsi is offline   Reply With Quote