Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 07-24-2017, 04:54 PM   #15
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigante View Post
Now the stang is as quick as the 6th gen, if not quicker. Plus it looks better. Profit.
The gt500 will bury the zl1 in every freakin' aspect. Probably expect for handling, but who really gives a damn about it.
The upcoming 19' camaro must get some serious visual changes, otherwise we're ucked, till the 7th gen.
LMFAO!! So much subjective bias, inaccurate data I have read to date.

It's okay, you should def get a 2018 GT!! I'm sure you'll love it!
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:59 PM   #16
Brigante

Drives: Cadillac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
LMFAO!! So much subjective bias, inaccurate data I have read to date.

It's okay, you should def get a 2018 GT!! I'm sure you'll love it!
I'm sure that this stang is quicker 0-... Look at the video, look how it starts))
Brigante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 05:16 PM   #17
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Interesting

It looks like the GT produces 35 foot pounds less torque but equals the 0-60 of the current gen6 Camaro. I wonder if the 3.15? rear ratio combined with a steeper A10 first gear are making up that deficit ?

I'll have to step up my game at the strip for '18 models
Old 07-24-2017, 05:32 PM   #18
Dethsupp0rt

Drives: None
Configurator finally goes live tomorrow.

Not that I care that much, as I'm good with the ZL1 for a couple of years anyway, but still it's fun to play.

They need to work on the chassis to keep up with the Camaro though. Contrary to that clown a few posts back that claimed handling doesn't matter . . . it does. The handling is what sold me on this car.
Dethsupp0rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:01 PM   #19
thefirstcause

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, 2009 Mazda6 GT V6
Quote:
Now the stang is as quick as the 6th gen, if not quicker. Plus it looks better. Profit.
The gt500 will bury the zl1 in every freakin' aspect. Probably expect for handling, but who really gives a damn about it.
The upcoming 19' camaro must get some serious visual changes, otherwise we're ucked, till the 7th gen.
P.s. Few years ago I was waiting for the 6th gen so much, who knew that they would release the ugliest camaro ever...
Vomit. I love the 2015 Mustang GT looks. The 2018 is disgusting. The headlights are a massive car destroying mistake. The rear is still great with the slight adjustments to the taillights... but the front just wrecks it. The 2016 Camaro SS looks amazing just as the 2010 look awesome.
thefirstcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:35 PM   #20
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Not a bad increase.

Would be nice if GM bothered to tweak their engines, instead of letting them be for years at a time.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:44 PM   #21
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Not a bad increase.

Would be nice if GM bothered to tweak their engines, instead of letting them be for years at a time.
Well, GM puts out an engine and then Ford comes years later and puts out basically the same power. I wouldn't be surprised if GM doesn't update engine at all. Vette may get a new base engine for C8 and 6th gen rides out with LT1.. Then gets said Vette engine when 7th gen Camaro comes out.. So on.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:29 PM   #22
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Well, GM puts out an engine and then Ford comes years later and puts out basically the same power. I wouldn't be surprised if GM doesn't update engine at all. Vette may get a new base engine for C8 and 6th gen rides out with LT1.. Then gets said Vette engine when 7th gen Camaro comes out.. So on.
Yeah, well now the Mustang offers more power and the 10 speed, while the Camaro does not. The two cars will be very close in straight line acceleration, which is going to make the price difference an even bigger issue. Sure, the Camaro will probably still out handle the Mustang but the Mustang is also getting suspension work. The gap is closer and GM should take notice.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:39 PM   #23
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Yeah, well now the Mustang offers more power and the 10 speed, while the Camaro does not. The two cars will be very close in straight line acceleration, which is going to make the price difference an even bigger issue. Sure, the Camaro will probably still out handle the Mustang but the Mustang is also getting suspension work. The gap is closer and GM should take notice.
What price difference? The only way Mustang has a serious advantage in price is if you get a base GT. Once you tack on PP, it's almost the same. Plus, we don't know if 2018s are getting more expensive.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:40 PM   #24
KyleL

Drives: Slow
And this whole time, dodge could give a **** less and keep pumping out the same ole challenger.....
Old 07-24-2017, 07:41 PM   #25
HYPER1LE

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE HBM
The 10-speed, more than likely, will filter down from the Zl1 to other Camaros just as Ford is now going to offer it in other applications. It probably will end up in all of GM rear wheel products (Corvette, Silverado, Sierra, Cadillacs). Mass production will reduce cost for both manufacturers. If so, SS will get another performance/fuel economy gain as will the others. Also, Camaro SS likely has another performance bump coming from 455hp which likely will come with mid-cycle refresh in 2019 since the 2018's are already rolling out unchanged in performance. GM could do it with the new OEM with tune now available as stock from the factory. That with the 10-speed would be all that's necessary to answer Ford IMO. This horsepower battle is typical back and forth between Camaro and Mustang. It's been going on for decades!
HYPER1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:13 PM   #26
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
P.s. Few years ago I was waiting for the 6th gen so much, who knew that they would release the ugliest camaro ever...
It takes more than matching the HP to be just as quick. Where is that extra hp and tq occurring at? If it is way up in the RPM band and you still have to rev the shit outta the car and it still has shitty axles, shitty tires, and a shitty torque converter then I doubt it'll be much faster than it is now.

Looks are subjective and have no solid base in this discussion. This isn't a beauty pageant.

The GT500 doesn't exist.

The 6th Gen Camaro's looks are just what people are repeating over and over again because one person said it was "ugly". Let me tell you something, for an "ugly" car, my 17 ZL1 has turned more heads and drew more attention and more of a crowd in the few months I've owned it than any other car I've owned in any given year.

Quote:
This is what I see happening. Ford continues to fight backwards while Chevy fights forward. The 6th Gen Camaro blew away the 5th Gen Camaro, the S197 Mustang, and even the S550 Mustang. I mean, Chevy was aiming like 10 years into the future it seems. Now here is Ford, instead of jumping ahead, they simply trying to match a 2 MY old design from Chevy. The new Mustang will basically be a lesser performing car because they're just trying to keep up instead of make a pass.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:17 PM   #27
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
If Ford leaves the A10 the eff alone, and use it as it is in the ZL1, and give it a good torque converter and other supporting mods, then I think it could be competitive. But knowing Ford, they're gonna do something completely Ford-ish and ruin a good thing. I bet the hard top A10 will run a 12.6 at best (IF that), the hard top M6 will do a 12.8, and that is about it.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:18 PM   #28
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
No one uses 1/100th's of a second in 0-60 times. Do you honestly think Ford is going to publish 0-60 times of 3.99?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
You can believe what you want, but under 4 seconds for the entire automotive world means 3.9 seconds.
If it was 3.94 or better, proper rounding would allow them to claim 3.9. Saying less than 4.0 means it must be between 3.95 and 3.99.

That's the facts.

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calcu...ingnumbers.php

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote