Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-03-2017, 09:58 AM   #1
Enator

Drives: 2011 SHELBY GT500 & Volvo S80
Exclamation Jun 2017 Camaro Sales Figures (and vs. Mustang & Challenger)

Jun 2017 Delivery (sales) Stats:

Camaro Jun 2017 Deliveries (actual sales):4,691 -6% (Pr Ye)

Compared to Competition:

Mustang Jun 2017 Delivery (sales):6,186 -38% (Pr Ye)
Challenger Jun 2017 Delivery (sales):6,605 24% (Pr Ye)
Attached Images

Enator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:01 AM   #2
RubberChicken

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT w white Rally Stripes
I can't imagine why anyone would buy the new Mustang. It looks like a horrid fusion between a Fusion and a previous generation of Mustang.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:13 AM   #3
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Again, as reported by GM today:

"U.S. daily rental sales were down nearly 11,000 vehicles or 54 percent in June, as planned. "

This is for entire GM line, but I guess my point is...well, firstly is your Camaro not as cool if it doesn't outsell the Mustang? And secondly it is very hard to look at these sales comparison numbers and actually evaluate what they mean, in reality. Would it mean something different if half of those mustang sales were to Enterprise and Hertz?

FYI, my GM stock is up 3% this morning.

I would be more interested in seeing more detailed sales data, what type of sale, what was the model trim level etc.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:42 AM   #4
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
I have to give Dodge credit; the sales for the Challenger have steadily increased since 2009 and it's still on the same platform. I think the Mustang sales will jump back up once the 2018 goes on sale.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:46 AM   #5
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Ouch. Camaro took a nosedive. What's interesting is that this is the first time the Challenger, a nearly 10 year old car at this point, is in the lead. I wonder if FCA's marketing of the Demon is causing a halo effect. They certainly know how to get attention, unlike GM.

I also stand by the idea that people just like a rockin' classic looking Muscle car at a lower price point. Ford and GM abandoned this notion in their latest generations and left a lot of people behind, I think. If I was ever in the market for a new car, I hate to admit it, but a Scat Pack would be on my radar. Like a lot of people, I could care less about handling or track day performance and more about road presence. It's nice to see GM go after the likes of BMW, Porsche, and European brands, but it's not an objective I can associate with at a personal level.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:51 AM   #6
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Ouch. Camaro took a nosedive and is now a distant 3rd behind the ancient Challenger yet again.
No, Mustang generally outsells Camaro. Nothing new there. Mustang sales are down 38% compared to only 6% for Camaro. I think that is the number that tells the story.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:56 AM   #7
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
No, Mustang generally outsells Camaro. Nothing new there. Mustang sales are down 38% compared to only 6% for Camaro. I think that is the number that tells the story.
That's kind of deflecting by changing the scope, though. This is about monthly sales. Camaro is 3rd for July. Sucks, but it is what it is.

Yes, the performance car market is hurting overall though. It's a matter of who is dropping fastest. Challenger somehow is bucking the market trend.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:04 AM   #8
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
That's kind of deflecting by changing the scope, though. This is about monthly sales. Camaro is 3rd for July. Sucks, but it is what it is.

Yes, the performance car market is hurting overall though. It's a matter of who is dropping fastest. Challenger somehow is bucking the market trend.
Yes, it is good to see Challeger at those levels. I like all three vehicles and we all need each other. Long live muscle!!!
Old 07-03-2017, 11:35 AM   #9
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
Still surprised by the Euro (15+) Mustang sales. It looks like crap. This coming from someone who has owned 2 Mustangs and still has 1 of them.

I agree with RubberChicken too on these points.
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:06 PM   #10
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Crushed again..4k during summer isn't good
Old 07-03-2017, 12:19 PM   #11
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs2lt View Post
Crushed again..4k during summer isn't good
Correct. June should have been a good sales month for Camaro. I sincerely hope that sales don't tank for July.

I thought June would have been a good sales month. Been seeing alot more new Camaros in my area lately (no rentals, all had dealership license plates).

Silly me.
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:29 PM   #12
Molasar
Stormtrooper Edition

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberChicken View Post
I can't imagine why anyone would buy the new Mustang. It looks like a horrid fusion between a Fusion and a previous generation of Mustang.
Test driving both, the Mustang was very comfortable, sounded better in my opinion than the Camaro and the interior was arguably on par with the Camaro. I also felt ford was stepping up it's game on the clutch, it just felt better than past generations.

That said, I'm driving a 16 2SS right now. It was a very close choice though. Power/speed won it for the Camaro.
Molasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:34 PM   #13
Molasar
Stormtrooper Edition

Drives: 2016 2SS
Why so upset?
Less Camaro sales = my car being more unique on the road.

It also comes down to the Camaros pricing being about the same. It's not nearly as competitive as the Mustang or frankly the Challenger. If you're blue collar, live in a low income household but want a new toy. I guarantee you that $5000-7000 different between the GT Premium and 2SS is going to lead you to go Mustang every time.

Let them outsell the Camaro! Let them be the "working mans friend" the "Value muscle car". I'm not trying to sound snobby, I came from a Mustang GT back in 2005 and all mustang owners knew what was the better/quality car.. and it was not what we were driving.
Molasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:56 PM   #14
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molasar View Post
Why so upset?
Less Camaro sales = my car being more unique on the road.

It also comes down to the Camaros pricing being about the same. It's not nearly as competitive as the Mustang or frankly the Challenger. If you're blue collar, live in a low income household but want a new toy. I guarantee you that $5000-7000 different between the GT Premium and 2SS is going to lead you to go Mustang every time.

Let them outsell the Camaro! Let them be the "working mans friend" the "Value muscle car". I'm not trying to sound snobby, I came from a Mustang GT back in 2005 and all mustang owners knew what was the better/quality car.. and it was not what we were driving.
And yet, you sound snobby. Any way you cut it, both cars are blue collar...and neither are being driven by low income households.

Sales on both fronts are seriously terrible. The mustang however is at the end of it's third year before a significant refresh (mechanically). I'm curious to see how quickly they pull out 0% financing for 72 months.

Something else to think about is with less sales comes less aftermarket. While having a unique vehicle is cool, the camaro is not remotely unique, nor should you want it to be.

There is a reason the aftermarket on the mustang is so massive. Why would you not want more aftermarket options?
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote