Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 01-28-2016, 09:52 AM   #71
Jaybird4u

Drives: 2014 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I apologize if it was said in this thread and I missed it (not a lot of time to do the digging) but what is the application process for this?

Lets say you are starting with a newly delivered car that was cleaned at the dealership. Lets also assume everything has to be done by hand (no orbital)

Would it be?

1) Wash/clean/dry

2) Claybar the car

3) Wash/clean/dry again

4) Apply the blackfire sealant

5) Wax (maybe, maybe not? Description says a wax can be used afterwards but not necessary...thoughts on this?)

If this is a sealant/protectant/shine, can this take the place of wax?

Last but not least, I plan to put a clearbra on the front bumper, so I'd guess I don't want to apply this stuff there correct?

Thanks

Take a look at the documents he has in his signature. It is all written out and very thorough. He even lists all the products you need to use with a link to where you can get them.
Color Red Rock, Kooks LT Headers with High FLow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder Axel back, Vmax ported TB, Kenne Bell 2.8 Liquid cooled supercharger, 560 RWHP, Stillen splitter, Vitesse throttle controller, BMR sway bars, BMR 1.2" front springs and 1.0" rear springs, BMR upgraded front end links, 35% tint, Diode Dynamics interior and exterior lighting, Carbon fiber Bowties, Hood spears.
Jaybird4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:01 AM   #72
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird4u View Post
Take a look at the documents he has in his signature. It is all written out and very thorough. He even lists all the products you need to use with a link to where you can get them.
thank you, pardon my frustration when people ask, when I've taken a month month to write the docs and get it short and sweet...the docs are a "sticky" on at least 2 other car forums and 2 car club sites....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:07 AM   #73
Jaybird4u

Drives: 2014 SS/RS
You are welcome. I think maybe sometimes people don't realize you have a "sticky" with the info or if they are using tapatalk the sticky isn't easily accessible without down loading the "Dropbox" app first.
Color Red Rock, Kooks LT Headers with High FLow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder Axel back, Vmax ported TB, Kenne Bell 2.8 Liquid cooled supercharger, 560 RWHP, Stillen splitter, Vitesse throttle controller, BMR sway bars, BMR 1.2" front springs and 1.0" rear springs, BMR upgraded front end links, 35% tint, Diode Dynamics interior and exterior lighting, Carbon fiber Bowties, Hood spears.
Jaybird4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 12:48 PM   #74
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
thank you, pardon my frustration when people ask, when I've taken a month month to write the docs and get it short and sweet...the docs are a "sticky" on at least 2 other car forums and 2 car club sites....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird4u View Post
You are welcome. I think maybe sometimes people don't realize you have a "sticky" with the info or if they are using tapatalk the sticky isn't easily accessible without down loading the "Dropbox" app first.
My question was directed at the OP...not Glen, so I never even looked at his signature....there should be no frustration on your part.

Sorry.

I'll take a look at what you've provided.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:06 PM   #75
L&M CAMARO 6

Drives: Just a fan for now
Hope that he is better at detailing than he is at taking photos.
L&M CAMARO 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:08 PM   #76
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Crystal seal works very well within the family of products. Once applied on a clean polished surface it is easy to maintain with their rinse less or their great water less wash. The water less is my favorite water less product period, and prolongs the life of the crystal seal. I also use the Polymer spray about every third cleaning. Here are some links, these are great products.

http://www.autogeek.net/waterless-car-wash-kit1.html

http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-spray-sealant.html

http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-rinseless-wash.html

http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-gloss-shampoo.html

All of these products are designed in the same polymer and work great with crystal seal, and will prolong its life. Using the polymer spray you can stretch it up to about a year for some cars depending on usage.

The crystal seal is a fantastic product and is fast and easy to use.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 05:30 PM   #77
Classic Man

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Polished my car the other day and put on some Blackfire Crystal Seal today as per recommendation from Glen, thanks buddy! First of all, simple to use and the only word that comes to mind is awesome! I have been detailing for years, waxes, spray detailers, spray waxes, etc., but this stuff is just great. Key like Glen told me, use very sparingly, probably used 30 sprays at the most, covered everything including the windows and even the wheels. Wheels were a little bit of a pain, but I am glad I did them. Just makes the Garnet Red metallic paint pop even more, gives it a slick gloss look to the paint. I applied it my garage under some daylight fluroscent bulbs, makes it easier to see and make sure you are applying and removing any high spots, has a very nice smell to it as well, reminds me of a sweeter smelling Mequiars Spray Wax. Here is a few pics. Again thanks Glen for the great recommendation!
Wow!!! I wonder how that will make my mosaic black look.
Old 01-31-2016, 08:54 PM   #78
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
It really is great stuff! Easy to use and amazing results.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 07:54 PM   #79
redwhiteandblue

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Am I the only one who couldn't copy and paste the links in Glen's attachments? I went to the autopia site and searched for the starter kit but there were half a dozen? Which DA pollisher are you refering to and what size White pads? Thanks!
redwhiteandblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:13 PM   #80
redwhiteandblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
I did not. But I did use the nanoskin prep sponge over every inch of the car. Using the sponge per glen e's guide is actually very sensitive. You can feel every little bit of crap embedded in the paint. It's even effective removing tar. First wash + the sponge took a couple hours. I'm sure iron X would have been helpful but I didn't buy it.

I was lucky that I picked up my car before they were able to detail it at the dealership. They were able to install the LPO items and my salesman filled it with super. I told them not to bother with the wash and that I'd take care of it.
Which prep sponge? Fine, Medium? Thanks!
Old 08-20-2017, 08:29 PM   #81
Glen e

Always use fine
Old 08-20-2017, 09:43 PM   #82
redwhiteandblue

Thanks! Rinseless is recommended over the waterless? And the ziplock doesn't scratch the paint or is it supposed to be used wet? I think that's all!
Old 08-20-2017, 09:48 PM   #83
Glen e

Just Follow the directions ......it's the Rinseless procedure that doesn't scratch, and rimseless is made for that. Did you read the Rinseless document? In my sig? You don't use it to wipe down and wipe off crap like waterless.

And no the bag doesn't scratch. Don't overthink this, just do it exactly like it says in the documents.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:25 PM   #84
redwhiteandblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Just Follow the directions ......it's the Rinseless procedure that doesn't scratch, and rimseless is made for that. Did you read the Rinseless document? In my sig? You don't use it to wipe down and wipe off crap like waterless.

And no the bag doesn't scratch. Don't overthink this, just do it exactly like it says in the documents.
How long do I need to wait after the polish a seal is done to apply the crystal seal? I have read all your documents but I am skipping the wet diamond application. Thanks!