Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 07-02-2018, 07:42 AM   #1
chris12
The "Thing"

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss,Whipple,R888R,A8
WHY GO?

I grew up drag racing with my faster since i was little. We always raced to WIN; not to show up. If we knew that we couldn't win we stayed at home and worked harder till we could. @With that said the guy who helped me tune my car also has a cts-v with 1400 RWHP running the same pure street class as would. Only rules are no a/c delete cars, oh and they have to complete a 15 mile cruise before the race. I dont have half the rwhp he does. If i don't have a chance to win then why go; hopeful for a red light?? Did i say thats its instant green as well.

That's what i would like to ask the forum what they would do? Thanks in advance for all feedback.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:33 PM   #2
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
Because sometimes people break or have wheel spin or some other issue
BUt if youre lacking half the HP im not gonna disagree
I used to run in pro mod and outlaw 10.5
So I know how the big HP disadvantage can play out
I used to run against tim lynch
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:51 PM   #3
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
You go because you love the sport, supporting the drag race tracks and to feel real power your car makes that you don't feel on the street because you can't hook the power you have till you finish your water burn out and pull to the line to put the hammer down. If we all stayed home and watched drag racing on the big screen lots of track would go out of business. Just go and enjoy your ride, talk to the spectators at the track as I do because when you pull to the line they are watching and wondering how in the world your car runs 10.00s with just a SC and a drag pack. That's how I look at and have been drag racing for 50 years. I'll do it till I take my last shit.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:57 PM   #4
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris12 View Post
I grew up drag racing with my faster since i was little. We always raced to WIN; not to show up. If we knew that we couldn't win we stayed at home and worked harder till we could. @With that said the guy who helped me tune my car also has a cts-v with 1400 RWHP running the same pure street class as would. Only rules are no a/c delete cars, oh and they have to complete a 15 mile cruise before the race. I dont have half the rwhp he does. If i don't have a chance to win then why go; hopeful for a red light?? Did i say thats its instant green as well.

That's what i would like to ask the forum what they would do? Thanks in advance for all feedback.
So you can see what you run with the R888R’s and then run again when you can get the smaller slicks.

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 10:49 AM   #5
chris12
The "Thing"

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss,Whipple,R888R,A8
You guys are all correct. I just never looked at it any other way but to win.... I am happy with what i drive and am very proud as well. i am going to go and play, meet other racers and have FUN! I will let you guys know how things go.
Old 07-03-2018, 10:51 AM   #6
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Cuz its fun.. you turn it into work and suck fun out of it.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 05:01 PM   #7
init4fun

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris12 View Post

BECAUSE IT'S FUN!!!!
init4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 06:41 PM   #8
Balzdeep

Drives: Wicked Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
BECAUSE IT'S FUN!!!!
Yep, and scientifically your just chasing a dopamine high. Brain dumping chemicals due to your experience. Lol.
Balzdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:21 AM   #9
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
You go because you love the sport, supporting the drag race tracks and to feel real power your car makes that you don't feel on the street because you can't hook the power you have till you finish your water burn out and pull to the line to put the hammer down. If we all stayed home and watched drag racing on the big screen lots of track would go out of business. Just go and enjoy your ride, talk to the spectators at the track as I do because when you pull to the line they are watching and wondering how in the world your car runs 10.00s with just a SC and a drag pack. That's how I look at and have been drag racing for 50 years. I'll do it till I take my last shit.
^^

LOL.

Just like LayNLo (great forum name by the way) I go to support the track, hang out with other obsessive car nuts, talk to fans, get seat time, see what my car can really do, and hopefully some fender to fender racing.

As for only running to win, that is just not possible. There are always people with more $$ and faster cars.

Tracks are the only place where you can really use the full performance of a really fast car.

Going all out on the street is just plain stupid. But like riding a bike with no helmet, street racing is just natural selection at work. The real shame of it is some are selected who should not be.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:30 AM   #10
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
You go to have fun and to improve on your driving skills as a drag racer. If you go only to win then you will be disappointed and loose interest quickly. There are too many very good drivers to think you can win all the time and then the guys with unlimited budgets will disappoint you also. Go support the track, introduce yourself to other racers and you will find new friends that will help you to become a better racer and help you when your car is broken. You work the work the crowd and many people will become a fan of yours who will offer advice and help, when this happens you will have fun and become a winner every week whether you get a trophy or not.
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote