Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 08-06-2021, 08:04 PM   #1
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Anyone Ever Try to Put a CTSV or ATSV Exhaust on Camaro?

I wonder how much different they are? If they are you would think the Cadillac would get a more "luxurious" and "refined" sound. I can't find anything online but was there any exhaust package in the Cadillacs like the NPP for the Camaros and Corvette?
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 09:02 PM   #2
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
Interesting idea ... Sure looks dual mode to me.
Attached Images

Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 09:51 PM   #3
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddawg53 View Post
Interesting idea ... Sure looks dual mode to me.
That must be a ATSV? I got the idea after seeing a picture up under a ATSV and thought that looks familiar.

Then I started thinking maybe there's a slight chance GM invested some more money and effort into the exhaust sound on the Cadillacs.

I've heard that for the calibrations (tune software that goes into the ECMs/TCMs/ect.) it is actually done by the team. So that means the Cadillac team would do their own calibration and the Camaro team would do their own as well. Obviously you would expect some differences, but then you would think in the obvious modern day fashion they would just copy each other in most of the areas. It explains why there are so many differences between say the Corvette vs Camaro vs Cadillac LT4 and stuff. I am sure the software and operating systems and base stuff behind the calibrations themselves are probably all done by a global powertrain team.

I would be curious to see what the ATSV V6 exhaust sounds like on the LT1 firing order. I still don't see a unique exhaust packages on the Cadillacs either so it looks like they all came with just one exhaust.

Our LT1 exhaust, at least the NPP, is made by Faurecia, which is a major French automotive supplier. And since they are French you know it is a superior product that should be way more refined and detailed than a dumb American designed exhaust. I think they supply a lot of exhausts for BMW as well. Apparently they can't design exhaust that doesn't rattle though haha.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 05:01 PM   #4
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Each unique program at GM is tuned by different engineers. I would expect the Cadillac to be MUCH more quiet too, since the program expectations are different than a Camaro. Not sure why you would want to go that way - just put your Camaro on touring if you want it mostly quiet.

I heard a rumor once from a guy who worked at Milford that a supplier once accidentally built a prototype NPP muffler for an LT1 that was LGX tuned on one side and LT1 tuned on the other. Now THAT would be interesting to hear...

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote