Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-20-2020, 02:30 PM   #29
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I think TexasFox missed the fact his car came with an LT4 (a la ZL1)...or he got one of those rare factory stock ringers we all dream about.

Mine certainly was not with a 12.8 best. ;-)
Old 05-26-2020, 04:36 PM   #30
TexasFox

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
You do know that the SS has no lift shift programmed into it, right? Clearly you don't. Also go look at the fast list. Not a chance in hell you are running an 11.7 stock. No one has cracked an 11 stock in a manual. https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427506
The reason I, personally couldn’t enable this feature, is simple, I have a 1SS/1LE 6-spd. If you were trying to be informative instead of condescending, you would have told me it works at 5,000 RPMs in my Camaro. But no, you tried to embarrass me on a public forum.

So I DID the research, and I’ll go and experiment and see if a 5,000 RPM NLS is faster than me at redline modulating throttle by feel, and I’ll report back! But I’m here to stake my belief that there’s just no way a NLS at 5k can beat me!!! But I’ll report as soon as I find out.
TexasFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:41 PM   #31
TexasFox

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
I think TexasFox missed the fact his car came with an LT4 (a la ZL1)...or he got one of those rare factory stock ringers we all dream about.

Mine certainly was not with a 12.8 best. ;-)
Please tell me how to POST a screenshot of my dash, be happy to?!

Ps ever since selling New Fords in 2001, and being North Texas Saleen Rep, I learned that you MUST educate your OBD II in how you want to drive! I drive EVERY one of my 3 NEW Mustangs, 2 NEW Camaro and NEW Silverado 1500 I4T like I stole them right off showroom floor, same with NEW KTM RC8R Race Spec and NEW Yamaha R1 that hit GPS verified 203 mph at COTA after midpipes and flash!!!
TexasFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:30 PM   #32
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFox View Post
The reason I, personally couldn’t enable this feature, is simple, I have a 1SS/1LE 6-spd. If you were trying to be informative instead of condescending, you would have told me it works at 5,000 RPMs in my Camaro. But no, you tried to embarrass me on a public forum.

So I DID the research, and I’ll go and experiment and see if a 5,000 RPM NLS is faster than me at redline modulating throttle by feel, and I’ll report back! But I’m here to stake my belief that there’s just no way a NLS at 5k can beat me!!! But I’ll report as soon as I find out.
Hoping to help here with a clarification on NLS. For the 1LE the feature enables well below red line and then stays enabled all the way to red line. So, I would suggest you try NLS above the enable rpm and shift as close to red line as you can.

To get the most out of straight line speed one needs to hold every gear and shift as close to red line as possible. I know our engines start to drop hp and tq before red line but when you factor in gear multiplication you will always put down more force at the wheels when you shift right at red line in the gear you are in versus shifting early to the next gear (even if you have passed peak hp/tq).

Using NLS at that red line shift makes for a quicker/better shift into the next gear as it will hold rpm for that next gear.

Good luck and have fun as you experiment with launches and shift points.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:20 AM   #33
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Please tell me how to POST a screenshot of my dash, be happy to?!

Ps ever since selling New Fords in 2001, and being North Texas Saleen Rep, I learned that you MUST educate your OBD II in how you want to drive! I drive EVERY one of my 3 NEW Mustangs, 2 NEW Camaro and NEW Silverado 1500 I4T like I stole them right off showroom floor, same with NEW KTM RC8R Race Spec and NEW Yamaha R1 that hit GPS verified 203 mph at COTA after midpipes and flash!!!
If that R1 was running Superbike, that's definitely NOT the bike you and I can buy.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:29 AM   #34
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:

You still don't get it, but SSDan sums it up perfectly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
Hoping to help here with a clarification on NLS. For the 1LE the feature enables well below red line and then stays enabled all the way to red line. So, I would suggest you try NLS above the enable rpm and shift as close to red line as you can.

To get the most out of straight line speed one needs to hold every gear and shift as close to red line as possible. I know our engines start to drop hp and tq before red line but when you factor in gear multiplication you will always put down more force at the wheels when you shift right at red line in the gear you are in versus shifting early to the next gear (even if you have passed peak hp/tq).

Using NLS at that red line shift makes for a quicker/better shift into the next gear as it will hold rpm for that next gear.

TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:45 AM   #35
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:

Re-read the technical info provided here: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=513327

I don't think you're understanding the feature based on your post. I initiate the NLS shift at ~6400rpm and the feature works perfectly every time. Unless you're traction limited after the shift and trying to manage traction at that point, there's no way you can beat the torque response after the shift without using the feature. I personally would prefer the SS 1LE specific target RPM vs. the non-1LE like I have. Try it out both ways, but go to a real track for some actual times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post

Good summary!

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 10:51 AM   #36
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
TexasFox seems to have left the party,. He's probably out buying a lot more NEW stuff!
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:13 PM   #37
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Old 05-27-2020, 11:34 PM   #38
Chevyfan4life
The Green Hornet

Drives: 2020 Rally Green 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Is there a reason why the SS LT1 and the 1LE have different target shift points?

1100-07/02/19
3100-07/04/19 | TPW 8/5
3400-7/29/19
3800-8/2/19 Built!
4300-8/5/19
4300-8/9/19 delivered to rail yard
4200-8/13/19 Shipped!
5000-8/19/19
6000-8/24/19 She's Home!
Chevyfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 11:40 PM   #39
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyfan4life View Post
Is there a reason why the SS LT1 and the 1LE have different target shift points?
NO reason, same drive train...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 06:48 AM   #40
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
I read in another thread that it is for optimizing straight line / drag racing acceleration (6400) vs. road course (5000) where you might be shifting while pulling lateral Gs in a corner and want to make sure the shift doesn't cause oversteer. Not sure if that is actually the reason or not.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:03 AM   #41
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
NO reason, same drive train...
Despite the same powertrain, there's definitely a reason for the difference, but Al did not elaborate when he provided technical details on the feature so all we can do is take educated guesses at why they might be different. I suspect the SS was geared for max performance in straight line so they wanted that additional inertia gained by the 6400rpm target during the shift when there's good traction (dragstrip), while on the SS 1LE the target is more in line with the engine speed of the next gear to ensure the chassis does not get upset on a road course where traction may not be as good as on a dragstrip. That's just a guess though and GM will probably never confirm their optimization strategy for the two cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
I read in another thread that it is for optimizing straight line / drag racing acceleration (6400) vs. road course (5000) where you might be shifting while pulling lateral Gs in a corner and want to make sure the shift doesn't cause oversteer. Not sure if that is actually the reason or not.
I agree - this seems like the most likely scenario. The team seemed to have sweated the details on this one with different tuning even among the submodels. I personally would prefer the SS 1LE tuning for the 1-2 shift, but the SS tuning for all shifts to 3rd and higher gears. Even on the dragstrip I sometimes spin on the 1-2 shift which isn't helping my time (though when the surface prep is good, it hooks on that shift).

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:34 AM   #42
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
In the 1LE the lower target rpm is for improved stability.
Like posted, you don't want to initiate a shift at 5500 and have the rpm shoot to 6400 before shift up to a higher gear when chances are the car isn't going straight down the road.

Tags
m6 tremec gear ratio ss 1le