Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-04-2018, 04:10 PM   #29
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
I would bite the bullet and throw another bumper cover on it and call it good. No reporting for that minor unless it already happened.
Old 07-04-2018, 05:16 PM   #30
OneWheelPeel

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS V6 Convertible
I would let them do their own appraisal but not sign anything and get my own estimate. If the two don’t match and they don’t work with you then I would just tell them thanks, let’s just let my lawyer figure it out and get all case numbers etc from them. Annoying but sometimes you gotta use a lawyer, maybe they will cave just to avoid that but I wouldn’t use it as a bluffing tactic.
OneWheelPeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 05:20 PM   #31
Desenski

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWheelPeel View Post
I would let them do their own appraisal but not sign anything and get my own estimate. If the two don’t match and they don’t work with you then I would just tell them thanks, let’s just let my lawyer figure it out and get all case numbers etc from them. Annoying but sometimes you gotta use a lawyer, maybe they will cave just to avoid that but I wouldn’t use it as a bluffing tactic.
Yeah, I have appointments with both the dealership and their "certified" appraiser.
Desenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 01:03 PM   #32
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 02:35 PM   #33
sonikk71

Drives: 2017 Summit White V6 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutoyy View Post
Nah, drove up to Marysville. No one down here had a 2SS 1LE they wanted to sell.
Roy Robinson Chevrolet? I just bought my V61LE from them. Been very happy with them.
sonikk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:16 PM   #34
chutoyy
knows nothing...

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonikk71 View Post
Roy Robinson Chevrolet? I just bought my V61LE from them. Been very happy with them.
Yep. Congrats. :] I had to fight tooth and nail for mine and was still about $1k off where I wanted to be... After the sales guy passed me off to the manager.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:00 PM   #35
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
I would bite the bullet and throw another bumper cover on it and call it good. No reporting for that minor unless it already happened.
I agtree, sadly the diminished value for a reported accident will more than likely far outweigh the cost of that repair. Sorry to see this happened especially with the car being so new. I had almost the same thing happen on my Chevy Cruze the at fault driver and I both had State Farm but only the repair was covered and they refused to allow a bumper cover replacement no matter how much I complained. The car was new just 3K miles.
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 09:29 PM   #36
Desenski

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzz View Post
I agtree, sadly the diminished value for a reported accident will more than likely far outweigh the cost of that repair. Sorry to see this happened especially with the car being so new. I had almost the same thing happen on my Chevy Cruze the at fault driver and I both had State Farm but only the repair was covered and they refused to allow a bumper cover replacement no matter how much I complained. The car was new just 3K miles.
It makes it more difficult when both drivers have the same insurance company.

My dad was rear ended once and both had the same insurance company. The other driver claimed he was rear ended, but my dad had pictures of the front and back of both vehicles. The insurance company sided with the other driver and refused to even look at the photos that were sent to them that CLEARLY showed the other driver was not rear ended. Safe to say my dad dropped them instantly and found another company.

Being that I have USAA, and not State Farm I have more power in how I get my vehicle fixed. I have no obligation with State Farm, but they have an obligation with their driver who hit me, to fix my car. If I really need to I can throw a stink fit with USAA, who is known to pay to have it fixed, and THEY go after the other insurance company to be reimbursed. I'd rather avoid that if I can though.
Desenski is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, 2ss, nightfall, rearended