#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-29-2018, 08:38 AM   #15
artey34

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE - Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
I have a pair - seem built well, but as stated above the "1LE Satin" finish leaves a little to be desired. My is a close match on color, but the "sheen" is off vs the mirrors, hood and splitter.

I wanted the rock protection so I am happy with the results

Just don't be in too big of a hurry - I was given three weeks as a ETA when I was ordering, turned out to be six when it was all said and done
But if I then wrap them in Xpel stealth the sheen should be pretty spot on, smooth feeling and protected. Hmmm
artey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:02 AM   #16
gaveup

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 M6
Their pricing seems weird to me.

Why is the satin painted ones the same as the full CF? While the gloss ones are about $100 less?
gaveup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:53 AM   #17
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Acs vs c7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfish View Post
You can attach them with just the bottom ones, but if you accidentally put your foot on the skirt when you get out, you're going to want the angled rivets installed.
Thanks for the reply, I'll probably try just the bottoms if I can get away with it unless it becomes a problem.

Do you know if the acs ones are flat and smooth at the bottom like the oem zl1 and hotwheels side skirts or hollowed and open like the c7 carbon ones?
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:59 AM   #18
camarofan12345

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I had the ACS Composites on my previous 1LE. I loved the look and I'm sure they helped with debris and rocks from hitting the rockers. I got the gloss black painted ones and the quality was outstanding. I bit on the pricy side, but you get what you pay for.

Here's a pic of my old 1LE....still miss it!
Attached Images

camarofan12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:40 AM   #19
Whitespeed

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE & 1973 Datsun 240Z
I got the RPI Designs side skirts. Fit was good, but the satin paint finish also left something to be desired. It's apparent to me they were shot quickly and with not enough coats. They have a rough texture like the spray was half dry by the time it hit the surface.

In retrospect, I wish I had bought the unpainted fiberglass. Satin is easy to spray with a spray can and I could have done a better job myself. Like anything, it just takes preparation and patience. I'm going to end up redoing mine.

Nigel
Whitespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:01 PM   #20
artey34

Quote:
You can attach them with just the bottom ones, but if you accidentally put your foot on the skirt when you get out, you're going to want the angled rivets installed.
Are all the holes in this pre drilled so I know how to line it up? The C7 carbons are for both the screws and rivets.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:10 PM   #21
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaveup View Post
Their pricing seems weird to me.

Why is the satin painted ones the same as the full CF? While the gloss ones are about $100 less?
The satin paint costs significantly more according to C7. After comparing all the installations, I got the C7s. The only issue appeared to be some of the angles required, but that was easily worked around. The double-sided tape methods with the others seemed ridiculous and I wanted something solid. According to the install reviews, these were much more solid.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 06:21 PM   #22
Goldfish

Drives: 18 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by artey34 View Post
Are all the holes in this pre drilled so I know how to line it up? The C7 carbons are for both the screws and rivets.
Yes. All the holes are pre-drilled in the skirts.
Goldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 06:22 PM   #23
Goldfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Thanks for the reply, I'll probably try just the bottoms if I can get away with it unless it becomes a problem.

Do you know if the acs ones are flat and smooth at the bottom like the oem zl1 and hotwheels side skirts or hollowed and open like the c7 carbon ones?
They are "open" at the bottom like other aftermarket skirts are. The OEM ZL1 skirts are part of the actual body panel. You (of course) can't actually tell that they're open unless you're laying on your back under the car. I haven't seen the hot wheels skirts.
Old 11-29-2018, 07:39 PM   #24
artey34

Im starting to think the best route is to get the C7 Carbon ones in just the primer. Then get them wrapped in Satin Black, then wrapped again in Xpel Stealth. Then they are an easy install cheaper option, not cosmetic issues and will match perfectly. ACS appears to be too costly, especially if you were to get it Xpel wrapped as well
Old 11-29-2018, 08:09 PM   #25
jwcassidy1969

Drives: 2018 red hot 1le
The ACS are a perfect match and look as the rest of the pieces that are stock. The paint is high quality and smooth and c7 was rough and splotchy and very brittle. The car deserves to have nice quality parts.
jwcassidy1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:16 PM   #26
Goldfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcassidy1969 View Post
The ACS are a perfect match and look as the rest of the pieces that are stock. The paint is high quality and smooth and c7 was rough and splotchy and very brittle. The car deserves to have nice quality parts.
I can second this. They are a great match. I went with ceramic coating on them, and they protect the car very well from kicked up rocks.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:08 AM   #27
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Acs vs c7

Quote:
They are "open" at the bottom like other aftermarket skirts are. The OEM ZL1 skirts are part of the actual body panel. You (of course) can't actually tell that they're open unless you're laying on your back under the car. I haven't seen the hot wheels skirts.
Yea I know the zl1's are integrated into the rocker panel. The hotwheels side skirts aren't and they are flat and closed at the bottom too though, just wondering if there was an aftermarket one that was that way as well.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:53 PM   #28
4mulafastech

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
ACS

Very happy with the fit and finish of the ACS, and as others have said the satin black paint match to the spoiler, mirrors, etc. is perfect.

I haven't found that a wrap is necessary to protect these side skirts. I got 2500 miles these and zero damage. Paint seems durable.
Attached Images

4mulafastech is offline   Reply With Quote