Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 01-11-2017, 07:51 PM   #1
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Would a TPMS warning light prevent access to PTM and Stabilitrak?

I am a new 1LE owner and unfortunately my car showed up from the dealer with a TPMS light on, I have yet to be able to go back to fix it. In the meantime, I noticed that I can not disable Stabilitrak, only TC. In addition, the 1LE comes with PTM and I haven't been able to access this menu either.

From my understanding, a quick press of TC OFF button will disable TC, while a long press will disable both TC and Stabilitrak (both lights will show in dash). I can turn off TC, but no amount of time will flash the Stabilitrak light.

The same goes for PTM, a double tap of TC OFF should give access to the PTM menu which it does not.

Yes, the best answer is to get back to the dealer to reset or replace my TPMS, but in the meantime, I figured I would ask. Is this a possibility? Could a TPMS warning light disable these features?
Old 01-13-2017, 12:43 PM   #2
rotis

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Yes, a TPMS malfunction will prevent you from disabling stabilitrak or entering competition mode. You either need all 4 sensors present and reading correctly, or you need all 4 sensors missing.
rotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:51 AM   #3
matt fe2o3

Drives: 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotis View Post
Yes, a TPMS malfunction will prevent you from disabling stabilitrak or entering competition mode. You either need all 4 sensors present and reading correctly, or you need all 4 sensors missing.
Nice post.

I just replaced my F1's with Pilot 3+ A/S on a spare set of wheels. The rears went on a week before the fronts - I put the TPMS into learning mode for the tire shop tech.

Last week when the fronts went on I did not really pay a lot of attention but for sure it did not go into learning mode - but golly if everything did not work well - right up until I hit freeway speeds two days later and my fronts vanished from the TPMS.....

(I used brand new OEM model specific GM new TPMS sensors for my new OEM spare wheels).

So now my StabiliTrak goes off periodically when cornering or catching a little air (for lack of better words), I can feel the StabiliTrak kicking in.

I have a sensor tool coming and while I might run back down to the tire shop - I bought the tool anyway so I can swap my tires.

Would seem to me that if two of the TPMS's are not in communication the StabiliTrak receives and error when certain conditions are met.

I'll report back.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:58 PM   #4
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Drives: 1SS M
I have rubber valves in my enkei wheels and have zero interference when I shut off tcs and stm durimg burnouts at the 1/4 or drifting on circuits. But I have have a 1ss.
BTR 225 w/CNC Heads|JLT intake|Speed Engineering 1"7/8 long tube and mid pipe|LT2 manifold w/95mmTb|Self tuned w/HPtuners|Silvers 2Way coilovers|Hotchkis front sway|Advan AD08R|BMR solid cradle bushings|Recaro SR7| Work ZR10 19"
Joey Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:42 AM   #5
matt fe2o3

Drives: 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Soul View Post
I have rubber valves in my enkei wheels and have zero interference when I shut off tcs and stm durimg burnouts at the 1/4 or drifting on circuits. But I have have a 1ss.
Yea, I get that. My experience is more to daily driving and how the system responds when TPMS goes missing. Have not taken the nannies off much so far.

Edit: Reset the sensors using the EL50448. I bought the green one on Amazon - Ford and GM 2019 edition. Sensitive and not really user friendly but got the job done.

Anyway - all for tires reset with the tool and the StabiliTrak not coming on in corners. All good. For 20 bucks good investment.

Last edited by matt fe2o3; 03-06-2019 at 01:43 AM.
matt fe2o3 is offline   Reply With Quote