Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-05-2019, 05:11 PM   #127
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Great job. again just a few things. The RAM air doesn’t correspond from the top view to the side view. Could you get the front fender a bit wider like the rear. Just a tad. The indicator in the grill Reminds me to Mustang.
The top view looks already awesome.
Now we have to come the the back. A diffusor is required.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:13 PM   #128
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
its 99% there.if only it had a cowl induction hood and get rid of the funky lines on top of the hood,but i dont like the 6th gen hood either.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:28 PM   #129
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleil View Post
Great job. again just a few things. The RAM air doesn’t correspond from the top view to the side view. Could you get the front fender a bit wider like the rear. Just a tad. The indicator in the grill Reminds me to Mustang.
The top view looks already awesome.
Now we have to come the the back. A diffusor is required.
thanks Im working on the hood right now sure I can make the front fender a bit wider

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
its 99% there.if only it had a cowl induction hood and get rid of the funky lines on top of the hood,but i dont like the 6th gen hood either.
Im not a fan of it neither but I its really usefull to add a bit of headroom
Old 01-05-2019, 06:18 PM   #130
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
wait...what?how can the hood lines add headroom?if we were talking about the roof reverse mohawk i could understand that.i guess im a trogledite but would love to see this rendered with a cowl hood like the 5th gen had
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:51 PM   #131
Sesiom Summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
wait...what?how can the hood lines add headroom?if we were talking about the roof reverse mohawk i could understand that.i guess im a trogledite but would love to see this rendered with a cowl hood like the 5th gen had
hahaha crap sorry rorry ! I dont know why I thought you were talking about the roof hahahaha

about the cowl I like cowls but the one I had first didnt mix with the rest of the line, besides I would like other features like a cowl to be on the more aggressive trim (SS car)
Old 01-05-2019, 06:59 PM   #132
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
The side, top and rear views look very good already , and you're still working on the front, so I won't comment on that.

I still think the front segment of the vehicle is too squished, which is evident from the slightly awkward placement of the front side markers. This leaves very little room for a big engine (or are you considering different frame sizes for performance trims? don't think that would be feasible financially).

Also, how would your design provide increased interior space and rear seat headroom for this daily driver trim? Would they be coming from the hatch? I'm asking because the higher roofline seems to curve down quite a bit in the rear.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:08 PM   #133
Sesiom Summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
The side, top and rear views look very good already , and you're still working on the front, so I won't comment on that.

I still think the front segment of the vehicle is too squished, which is evident from the slightly awkward placement of the front side markers. This leaves very little room for a big engine (or are you considering different frame sizes for performance trims? don't think that would be feasible financially).

Also, how would your design provide increased interior space and rear seat headroom for this daily driver trim? Would they be coming from the hatch? I'm asking because the higher roofline seems to curve down quite a bit in the rear.
actually ... yeah engine fitment will be an issue on this car... as there will no room for a supercharger on top of the car... at least no traditional supercharger kinda the same that happend on the 4th gen... and this will be a boomer for some people but doing this I made this concept almost 2 feet shorter than six, also this lower the hood height and increase visibility (as soon as I began to design interior and engine bay you will see) for Zl1 trim... I think I will go different route than supercharer, maybe twin turbo V8 or something like that

the seat distribution change, both front and rear seats are further back on the car, what Im doing this o help as much as visibility and head room other than rise the headline by about 4 inches is to actually make the seats thinner, the seats on the 5, 6 gen ar BIG and thick AS **** 3th 4th gen and corvette seats are a bit thinner that make people seat 1 or 2 inches lower finally by introducing the corvette type trunk the rear glass makes room for people on the rear.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:59 AM   #134
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Two feets shorter?... Mmmmm not good Idea For me, but of course, it's just me
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:36 AM   #135
SteevK

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper blue A8 NPP MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer2 View Post
Fix THIS ! ! ! ! !
and add front corner vent windows like the cars of old
Tell me about it - I have a dislocated shoulder, because I always had a habit of resting my left elbow on the window sill. This was always OK in my G37.

Also, I have the opposite problem than the OP - I shrunk sometime before my 62nd birthday, and now I'm about 5'1" AND I was in a coma last year for over 6 weeks. I lost about 50 lbs - about 30 of that was from my butt. The seat doesn't go high enough, and it works on an arc, so the higher it's adjusted, it moves forward. I've been playing with different cushions - Egg Sitter(s), foam wedge, inflatables - because I have a hard time seeing over the hood.

I wonder if anyone has a fix for this. Maybe it'll be topic of my very first thread.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:53 AM   #136
SteevK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Trunk light saw excuse is load of shit, plenty of cars with split tail lights, look at just about every VW and audi on the road.
Both of my Infinitis (G35, G37) had this. Makes for a nice low liftover.

BUT, Infinitis had very shallow trunk because of mini-spare on top of gas tank. If I had a full bag of groceries and stood it up, the trunk lid would crush it.

On a side note, they had lower window sills, seats adjusted higher, AND sunroof opened inside the roof!
Old 01-07-2019, 10:41 AM   #137
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
The next gen there should be no rear seats, so it being shorter and lighter weight should be obvious. Engine wise, a turbo 4 cyl option, a base v8 option (~400HP), both of those things should keep the price at a good point for most. Then a really badass SS V8 (550+HP, same suspension as current SS 1LE), and of course, ZL1 (750+HP), pricing will be higher but they will be at another level of performance too. Styling wise you want mean with a sporty/muscle look, but not too futuristic, it often softens it up too much, and the Camaro just needs to look mean.

Last edited by SDG23; 01-07-2019 at 10:52 AM.
SDG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 12:21 PM   #138
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG23 View Post
The next gen there should be no rear seats, so it being shorter and lighter weight should be obvious. Engine wise, a turbo 4 cyl option, a base v8 option (~400HP), both of those things should keep the price at a good point for most. Then a really badass SS V8 (550+HP, same suspension as current SS 1LE), and of course, ZL1 (750+HP), pricing will be higher but they will be at another level of performance too. Styling wise you want mean with a sporty/muscle look, but not too futuristic, it often softens it up too much, and the Camaro just needs to look mean.

No rear seat?...We'll call it a Corvette!
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 12:59 PM   #139
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
there's only one design that will save the camaro, turn it into an SUV. Anything that doesn't turn the camaro into an SUV will just result in more of the same. Making it a longer/larger coupe or turning it into a sedan is too little too late at this point.

You could also save it by getting rid of the corvette ...the corvette has been irrelevant for what, at least a decade. Nobody talks about it, nobody cares about it. It doesn't seem to impress any car enthusiast publication ....unlike at least the little bit of love that the camaro gets.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:56 PM   #140
SteevK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesiom Summers View Post
actually ... yeah engine fitment will be an issue on this car... as there will no room for a supercharger on top of the car...
I got this mental image of a ROOF blower, then flashed back to the toy models by Ed Big Daddy Roth. He did them with crazed-looking drivers with shifter extending through the roof, and the driver-monster reaching up to shift...

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...&iact=c&ictx=1

Showing my age again

OTOH, might not fit Roots type, but Paxton/Procharger might. I hope there's room in your shortened car for one of those. Or twin turbo - doesn't Cadillac use TT V8 in CTS-V or ATS-V? Easier to get built if parts are shared...

Last edited by SteevK; 01-08-2019 at 02:44 AM.
SteevK is offline   Reply With Quote