Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-10-2016, 08:27 AM   #1
dzych

Drives: Camaro
K & N OR COLD AIR INDUCTIONS CAI INTAKE SYSTEM 2012 LFX

Hi All,

So I am debating on K & N or Cold Air Inductions Intake System. $302 US or $399 US retail. I would consider gently used if anybody is selling one of them PM me with details. Right now looking at Summint online as they ship to Canada and seem to be good to deal with plus I get another $20 off from my last purchase to use towards another online purchase so it pays for the shipping. Aside from the cool looks of the Cold Air Ind. Kit... Are there any real gains or benefits of spending the extra cash for the CAI air intake? Cost me about $125 more up in Canada for the CAI over K and N. Part numbers I am looking at are CAI 501-1036-12 / k & n 69-4523TP. So any feedback on these 2 from users?

Thanks Darryl
dzych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:14 AM   #2
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzych View Post
Hi All,

So I am debating on K & N or Cold Air Inductions Intake System. $302 US or $399 US retail. I would consider gently used if anybody is selling one of them PM me with details. Right now looking at Summint online as they ship to Canada and seem to be good to deal with plus I get another $20 off from my last purchase to use towards another online purchase so it pays for the shipping. Aside from the cool looks of the Cold Air Ind. Kit... Are there any real gains or benefits of spending the extra cash for the CAI air intake? Cost me about $125 more up in Canada for the CAI over K and N. Part numbers I am looking at are CAI 501-1036-12 / k & n 69-4523TP. So any feedback on these 2 from users?

Thanks Darryl
I bought my K+N two years ago and been completely happy with it. Great sound solid performance, easy to install, and it looks good with the polished bling.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:30 AM   #3
carlosdmartins
To help and to be helped!

Drives: '15 Camaro 1LT/RS, Black/Gray
K&N al the way. And by the way, it can save you 1mpg per gallon.

K&N Cold Air Intake, Oil Catch Can, Trifecta Tune, Z28 style spoiler, T5 front lip/side rockers, door sills, chrome fuel door, side gills, LED cree fog lights, Hotckins 1" lowering coil springs, auxiliary gauge pack, tower strut brace!
carlosdmartins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:58 AM   #4
dzych

Drives: Camaro
Thx I am leaning cause of the price to save a few bucks and buy something else like future exhaust. So Is there a noticeable performance gain over stock? I have seen the videos of the better sound and heard the claims from k and & and others but from an owners perspective do you feel the power added on the low end range?
dzych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:00 PM   #5
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
I doubt that you'll be able to feel a difference with an intake - I sure couldn't. If I had to do it again, I would just put an aftermarket filter in the stock box, and save the money for Hi-Flo cats. That was more noticeable than all of my other performance mods - combined. It also deepened the exhaust sound, and made the throttle quicker.
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 01:31 PM   #6
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
I put my K+N on at the same time as my Dynomax VT axle back performance mufflers and I could tell a definite improvement,especially from 2k rpms up. Loved the valve tech mufflers. Nice sound at start up, no drone at constant speed,when you hit the loud pedal and the valves open to let the exhaust go straight through, it put a BIG smile on my face. Noticed the increase in m.p.g.s too. One or so. K+N sound reminds me of my 72 GTO four barrel opening up! May have a hard time getting that extra mpg cause you'll have your foot in it more.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:13 PM   #7
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
K&N here, very happy with it .
Old 04-10-2016, 10:52 PM   #8
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Both are great CAI's it's all price and looks between them hey give you the same performance and potential for gas savings.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 04:52 AM   #9
wvyankee2

Drives: 2017 LT Turbo/6Man.
I have this and really like it. If you want to save even more.

http://store.newlevelmotorsports.com/151366.html

wvyankee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:24 AM   #10
synaptik

Drives: 2016 2lt RS
I went with the K&N typhoon and have been happy with my choice
synaptik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:42 PM   #11
Lexodar

Drives: Summit White LFX
CAI is better if you wanna spend the extra money.
Lexodar is offline   Reply With Quote