Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 03-11-2016, 09:38 AM   #15
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
If you are new to detailing, and don't understand anything about polishing and application techniques, cut your teeth on a wipe on sealant first. Ceramic coatings, if applied wrong, need to be polished off. I had a car brought to me last year with all sorts of high spots that had cured of cquartz, another coating. Took five hours to polish off.

Don't think ceramics are the magic product, yes they work well, but something like crystal seal works well, I use it as I don't like permanent. Don't chase the single magic product, there are 20 ways these days to get to the land of "glasslike gloss" and durability.

The other problem is people don't simply do the research and do it the way video tells you to do it. I have so many instances where I tell somebody how to do something when they ask, then they come back and add their own half baked knowledge to it , and screw it up because they don't want to follow directions.
100% agree! Whatever anyone chooses to use, follow Glen advice, watch some videos, and take your time. Once you get the application and procedures down, it all comes together.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:39 AM   #16
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
The crystal seal is a fantastic product. Quick, easy, and looks great!
It really is a great product! $30 and the bottle goes so far, so many cars/applications can be done with it.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote