Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 01-29-2020, 12:52 PM   #1
KuroOkami

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Is now the right time to order a 2020 Camaro 2SS 1LE?

Hi all,
I am new here on the forums, so let me just start by saying hi. My favorite car has always been a 68 Camaro RS/SS. That was the car from the movie "Better Off Dead" which I saw as a kid. I immediately fell in love with the car, but unfortunately got my dreams crushed when I discovered you couldn't rebuild a car in a day with the generic owners manual. (See the movie if you need more explanation) But I never stopped loving that Camaro.

Then as I grew up I took the route of growing a family and being responsible, so mostly had responsible family cars. Even my G35 was the 4-door sedan.

But now that I'm 44, don't need the family car anymore, I want something unpractical and fun to drive. My must have's to start was RWD, manual trans, drivers car, but a manual in this day and age really limited my options. My brother races and builds Miatas, so I know how those are. I tried Subaru's BRZ, and while fun, I thought the same thing I read everywhere, not enough power. I have also been a fan of American muscle so even tried the new Mustang GT, but honestly, I hated the feel of their manual transmission. So I'm going back to my dream of the Camaro and I just love the new 2020 2SS 1LE. It has all the tech and comforts that I want while still being an awesome car to drive.

I have found a decent dealer to work with, Paradise Chevrolet in Temecula, CA, but it seems to get everything I want, I will have to order my car. But it seems from browsing the forums that now might not be the best time to order/buy a Camaro. Not much in the way or rebates/discounts. So I was wondering what the community thought. What would you do if it were you? Would you order and buy a new Camaro now? or wait for better deals to come.

What I'm looking for:
2020 Camaro 2SS 1LE Coupe

Riverside Blue
Manual w/ PDR

No convertable
No NAV
No sunroof
No other stickers and stripes

(not very complicated, but apparently not a popular combination)

I'm not really looking for opinion on getting deals by just grabbing something off the lot or changing the options I want. At 44, I want what I want, and looking around the inventories within 2000 miles of me, I will have to order the car to get the options I want. So, is now the right time, or should I wait?
KuroOkami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 01:08 PM   #2
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroOkami View Post
Hi all,
I am new here on the forums, so let me just start by saying hi. My favorite car has always been a 68 Camaro RS/SS. That was the car from the movie "Better Off Dead" which I saw as a kid. I immediately fell in love with the car, but unfortunately got my dreams crushed when I discovered you couldn't rebuild a car in a day with the generic owners manual. (See the movie if you need more explanation) But I never stopped loving that Camaro.

Then as I grew up I took the route of growing a family and being responsible, so mostly had responsible family cars. Even my G35 was the 4-door sedan.

But now that I'm 44, don't need the family car anymore, I want something unpractical and fun to drive. My must have's to start was RWD, manual trans, drivers car, but a manual in this day and age really limited my options. My brother races and builds Miatas, so I know how those are. I tried Subaru's BRZ, and while fun, I thought the same thing I read everywhere, not enough power. I have also been a fan of American muscle so even tried the new Mustang GT, but honestly, I hated the feel of their manual transmission. So I'm going back to my dream of the Camaro and I just love the new 2020 2SS 1LE. It has all the tech and comforts that I want while still being an awesome car to drive.

I have found a decent dealer to work with, Paradise Chevrolet in Temecula, CA, but it seems to get everything I want, I will have to order my car. But it seems from browsing the forums that now might not be the best time to order/buy a Camaro. Not much in the way or rebates/discounts. So I was wondering what the community thought. What would you do if it were you? Would you order and buy a new Camaro now? or wait for better deals to come.

What I'm looking for:

Riverside Blue
Manual w/ PDR

No convertable
No NAV
No sunroof

I'm not really looking for opinion on getting deals by just grabbing something off the lot or changing the options I want. At 44, I want what I want, and looking around the inventories within 2000 miles of me, I will have to order the car to get the options I want. So, is now the right time, or should I wait?
I ordered my 2020 2SS from Weseloh Chevrolet in Carlsbad, CA back in early November and took delivery a couple weeks ago. I had specific things that I wanted (and also did NOT want such as Nav & sunroof), so I decided to order my exact car. I called multiple dealers and a couple told me "if you order, you pay MSRP minus any rebates available at delivery"... Well, I wasn't going to pay MSRP for any car... I found a couple that were willing to work on price and finally settled on Weseloh in Carlsbad (I worked with Dennis A.), he was great to work with, gave me a very good deal and didn't pressure any upsell items... There is another member on here that also took delivery of his 2020 2SS from Dennis on the same day as I did (CaliCamaro6).

Give Dennis a call (tell him Mark with the Shadow Gray 2SS sent you!).

Good luck and enjoy the car, waiting was the hardest part about ordering!
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...

Last edited by 2SS Capt; 01-29-2020 at 01:30 PM.
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 08:06 PM   #3
1fujifilm

Drives: 2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Quote:
Hi all,

What I'm looking for:

Riverside Blue
Manual w/ PDR

No convertable
No NAV
No sunroof

NO.
Not until you can get 25% off MSRP.

Bear
1fujifilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 08:44 PM   #4
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fujifilm View Post
NO.
Not until you can get 25% off MSRP.

Bear
Good luck ordering a car and getting 25% off of MSRP...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
Old 01-30-2020, 11:51 AM   #5
Saintgambit77

Drives: Sierra
Quote:
Hi all,

What I'm looking for:

Riverside Blue
Manual w/ PDR

No convertable
No NAV
No sunroof

Same reason I love the old Camaros. That car was awesome. Ricky-"what does he want?" Lane-"he wants to race" lol
Saintgambit77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 01:53 PM   #6
Coded4SS

Drives: 2020 1SS 1le
I got my 1ss 1le from wesloh Chevrolet as well.

Eh I waited on deals and the cars just sold. I was specific wanting it in red hot, so it took me a while. I think either way these cars will sell, the whole 25 percent off worked for left over cars, out of state dealers, or I guess not me lol

Got over it, got a decent deal at weseloh with the one I wanted and pulled the trigg. Just don't pay msrp
Coded4SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 06:20 PM   #7
KuroOkami

I think if I could get 10% off MSRP or $1000 below invoice, which ever is lower, I would probably be happy.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:47 PM   #8
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
I think if I could get 10% off MSRP or $1000 below invoice, which ever is lower, I would probably be happy.
Go talk to Dennis A. at Weseloh Chevrolet in Carlsbad, tell him Mark with the 2020 Shadow Gray 2SS sent you, he'll take care of you...

Old 01-31-2020, 10:48 AM   #9
KuroOkami

I have already been working with Paradise Chevrolet in Temecula, because 1 it is my local dealer and 2) sledgehammer (lethal) recommended it. But I haven't actually order the car yet or talked numbers. If they won't give me what I'm looking for, I have no problem walking and in which case I will definitely try Weseloh.

Now I can't decide between Riverside Blue and Shadow Grey. Keep in mind I will be doing the 1LE package to break up the solid color.
Old 02-01-2020, 01:30 PM   #10
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
OP check with Becky if you order. She is great to work with.
Old 02-01-2020, 02:09 PM   #11
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
OP: Becky, as in, the owner and queen of this thread: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415251

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 08:37 PM   #12
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
OP: Becky, as in, the owner and queen of this thread: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415251

Can't argue with these guys. I plan on sticking local with my guy if possible, but if it doesn't work I'll be going with Becky D. I've already inquired about it with her and you will get zero BS answers period.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 01:40 PM   #13
Craig

Drives: '01 Z28
No way you should have to order that car. All 1LE’s are 6-speed hardtops anyway. Chevys build configurator doesn’t show sunroof as an option on 1LE anymore. And I’ve never seen a 1LE with factory stripes. That only leaves NAV but buying from lot inventory is going to save a whole lot more than the $500 it costs. 2020MY is barely underway because of the strike. I’ll bet you can find exactly what you’re looking for on a lot within a reasonable distance in less time than it takes to build and deliver an ordered car.

Even better, check out this car, a leftover 2019 that’s exactly what you’re looking for:
https://www.raychevrolet.net/Vehicle...-IL/3442875053

Incentive period ends Feb 2 and right now they stink. They are going to discount leftover 2019s 10-15% at some point and maybe as soon as tomorrow. The cost of the flight out to finalize the deal & inspect the car plus the transport fee to get it back home would be chump change compared to what you’d save over an ordered 2020. If I were you I’d be on the phone with the dealership now and be ready to take the first flight out once the new incentives are announced. It is crazy how much money you can save with some effort and patience.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 08:14 PM   #14
KuroOkami

Craig,
I don't like the look of the front end on the 19s, and as for finding what I want out there. I have searched and had the dealership search and there is not a single 2SS with manual transmission anywhere within 2000 miles from me, much less a 2SS 1LE. I could even find a single Camaro with a V8 and manual drive other than the ZL1 within 2000. And I didn't even bother going to another dealer to test drive that because I was pretty sure a supercharged V8 with 650 hp would drive a bit different than a NA V8 making 455.

Anyway, I bit the bullet today and ordered my car. The sales guy I had been working with couldn't come in, so another guy helped me order it, but what I did find weird is that they didn't even want to talk about money. They said they would do that at the end working with whatever deals are available at that time.